Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Casual vs Die-hard boxing videogamer

There is a difference in the type of boxing videogamer. You have the casual boxing videogame fan that are satisfied with a simple roster of boxers from the past 5 years,they hate legends in games. They love fast paced slugfest type fights. They want a total arcade feel to thier game with made-up punch names.
    The Die-hard boxing videogame fan want depth in every aspect of the game. They want true sim elements. They want every boxer that can be put in a game, with an option to integrate them into thier careers if they want. Die-hard fans want a deep open career mode.
    "The Boxing Game Wishlist Site"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Casual vs Die-hard boxing videogamer

I'm definitely a casual gamer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i am die hard then

ICB Guest

Well i don't play video games a lot but when i do play boxing games, i try to fight like i would in real life by jabbing and moving, counter punching etc. I even got a hate message once from this guy i beat he told me i was a runner and i should go and do track and field what a load of BS that was i laughed my ass off at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: Casual vs Die-hard boxing videogamer

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Well i don't play video games a lot but when i do play boxing games, i try to fight like i would in real life by jabbing and moving, counter punching etc. I even got a hate message once from this guy i beat he told me i was a runner and i should go and do track and field what a load of BS that was i laughed my ass off at that.
    That's the way you box;like in real life you can't force or expect someone to slug it out with you all the time. Every individual has his own style of boxing.. You are a true fan of boxing and you utilize what helps you to win.
    "The Boxing Game Wishlist Site"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like to be a casual gamer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    People definitely are sensitive when they lose.

Usually I chose boxers (Morales, Leonard, Taylor, Jones Jr. and Ali). I always fight backing up because you take more damage if you're hit coming forward. I also back up enough to make someone miss and then pop in throw a couple punches then pop back out. Once someone realizes they're in trouble or I obviously take control of the fight, then I come forward and trap them in a corner and unload.

A couple days ago in Fight Night, I literally took a guy out in a little over a minute in the first round (he left himself open for haymakers ALL DAY) and he has the nerve to messege me telling me I'm a pu$$y and that I wasn't good. Seriously, how can someone whoop your a$$ that bad and still have the nerve to say they weren't good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, to answer the actual question of the thread, I'm def a die-hard gamer. Always been, always will be...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imdefinately, without a doubt a 100% Die-Hard Boxing Videogamer. You'll see why below

There's some ( i would say) basic things id like to see change in this game.
    1. Spam Parrying should fatigue a fighter. Not with the same long term effects of throwing too many punches, but rapid parrying should reduce the fighters stamina levels hence the more excessive it is, the slower it gets.
    2. Constant upper body movement should fatigue a fighter. The more he moves around in a constant motion, the slower the movement should become.
    3. A Parry should become a more expert manouver. You should have to time your parries at the point of a punch being thrown for the desired effect. If you just hold your right glove up in defence of a jab, for example, then you just take a shot off the glove.
    4. Pucnhes should 'Aggrivate' a fighters gurad. If a fighter has both hands up and you hook to the left, it should disturb his right hand so unless he re-adjusts his guard you can exploit the space youv'e made for your self.
    5. Fighters should be warned/ penalised for fighting after the bell. Its cool to nail someone with an elbow after the bell but it shouldn't be a glitch that goes unoticed.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im a die hard fight night fan. and i seek and destroy

Thread Information