Default Yoel Judah interview

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Yoel Judah interview

Nice read. But he wouldn't be able to make Zab focus like someone like Manny Stweart would. Put Judah in the Kronk Gym to train. I guarantee you those stamina problems are gone after 4 months.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    thanks good read!!
    i hope zab comes back hungry.. cos he has so much talent and skill going to waste because of minor problems etc..
    thanks for the read cc!!

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Nice read. But he wouldn't be able to make Zab focus like someone like Manny Stweart would. Put Judah in the Kronk Gym to train. I guarantee you those stamina problems are gone after 4 months.
    that would be a great idea.. touch up his skills and get him out there in the big fights man!!
    its right what they say about him though.. he gas out after 6 he needs to sort that the most..
    i mean counting the knockdown in the floyd fight.. zab was ahead going into the seventh... without it i had them even..
    he looked great in that fight its just a shame he couldnt keep it up...
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That interview was useless. Yoel didn't say anything except were gonna get those guys. How lame.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame
    That interview was useless. Yoel didn't say anything except were gonna get those guys. How lame.
    not really... the message is, they have had plenty of time on theyr hands.. meaning plenty of time to train.. and that zab is in great shape.
    also they say they want the big names, and that they want a mayweather rematch... hardly useless!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

called out Margarito, Cotto and Hatton.

Thats a good idea. Beat the guys that Mayweather isn't fighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BodyHead
    not really... the message is, they have had plenty of time on theyr hands.. meaning plenty of time to train.. and that zab is in great shape.
    also they say they want the big names, and that they want a mayweather rematch... hardly useless!
    What that says to me is.... we need some money cause we got fined and had to pay taxes, now we can't fight so we need a big paycheck as soon as we can fight. Everybody calls out big names, big names mean big paydays.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duplictae
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2/3rds of many Stewards fighters either fight with thier foot off the pedal or just have flat out stamina issues.

But then again, their attributes accomidated for that.

By the way, check you PM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duplicate.

Sorry
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting read in parts, although some more info on Zab would have been appealing.

CC El Gamo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Bogeyman
    2/3rds of many Stewards fighters either fight with thier foot off the pedal or just have flat out stamina issues.

But then again, their attributes accomidated for that.

By the way, check you PM.
    Did and responded.

I think that Stewart can teach Zab how to finish a fight and pace themselves. I think Stewart could use Zabs advantages and improve the knowledge when to use them and take his disadvantages and work on them. One thing Zab Judah needs to learn imo is patience, he was patient for about 3 rounds against Mayweather and then in the 4th tried to finish him and shot his load. Frontrunner. Mayweather was right. If Zab learned some patience and took his time like he was doing earlier he may have done better(but given he fought Mayweather he did goos in itself imo). And I think Stewart could really work with Zab on those things and teach him to use his jab more instead of waiting for a shot to come at him and trying to reflex out of it, Stewart should teach him to use the jab so that when they try to avoid the jab then he can catch them with a straight left. He did this moderately with Mayweather with some success. Double jab, Mayweather tried a right counter and Zab leaned back and countered with a straight left that Mayweather couldn't avoid. If I was Manny Stewart he would tell Zab(if he was in the corner) that the way to beat Mayweather is to hit him as he's throwing because he can't avoid it.

I think Emanuel Stewart would be a great trainer for Zab and training in the Kronk Gym would truly improve his game imo. As Stewart said, there's no such thing as sparring partners in the Kronk Gym, they are all trying to beat each other. And that is the kind of training I feel Zab should endure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think any trainer would be better than Yoel. He never talks strategy, he just yells and demonstrates how to throw punches. Yoel is teaching his son to fight, not box. He acts like they are in a fight, and that is why they all jumped in the ring. Zab has talent, but he's being trained poorly.

Yoel should be his manager, not his trainer. I don't think Yoel even has a boxing background. He was into martial arts if I am not mistaken.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think any trainer would be better than Yoel. He never talks strategy, he just yells and demonstrates how to throw punches. Yoel is teaching his son to fight, not box. He acts like they are in a fight, and that is why they all jumped in the ring. Zab has talent, but he's being trained poorly.

Yoel should be his manager, not his trainer. I don't think Yoel even has a boxing background. He was into martial arts if I am not mistaken.
    Kickboxing. Great kickboxing champ. Went 1-1 as a pro fighter. Trained Zab Judah who also is skilled in martial arts and has a blackbelt in jiujitsu.

I think Yoel tells Zab the right things. I just don't think Zab listens to him. In the Tszyu fight Yoel told him to stop moving to his left because Tszyu was trying to move him into his right hand. Zab didn't listen and he went out into the second round and got knocked out. Thats why when Yoel was trying to hold him back and was talking in his ear he said to him again "You see what happened? I told you stop moving to your left because he's trying to walk you into the right hand!!!" Same thing for the Baldomir fight, he said Baldomir was looking for one shot so not to stand there and wait to get hit and use his jab. Zab didn't listen got tagged and almost stopped and he went back to his corner and told Zab "I told you he looking for one shot Zab why aint you listen!?!"

I think Yoel tells Zab exactly what to do. Zab just doesn't do it because Yoel doesn't demand his respect like Emanuel Stewart would do.

In the corner Yoel and Zab are still father and son and not boxer and trainer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back Hacienda. I don't think Joel is that good a trainer at all. His instructions to Zab are at times confusing,mumble jumble nonsense,sometimes shouting,sometimes whispering in his ears etc etc Zab needs calm or a different approach because quite clearly,the current approach is not working. As for calling out all those names,it means nothing and Zab's next fight will most likely be against Camacho won't it?

Thread Information