Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Floyd fans now hold compubox #rs as real.

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default Floyd fans now hold compubox #rs as real.

Amazing how against Castillo, Floyd fans totaly dismissed the compubox numbers and now against De La Hoya, they are throwing the stats and numbers at us.

Floyd fans, please do not use compubox numbers to claim your victory against Oscar because if that is the case then you have to accept this.

I am not down with compubox numbers. It can be very misleading at times. But if the fan boys want to go there, then there you have it.

I know what I see and I can tell a punch that lands vs a punch that is blocked, partialy blocked, lands with authority and or is just a love tap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd fans now hold compubox #rs as real.

hey i guess pbf fans ran out of arguement on this one.... ill keep checking until i see a pbf fan full of himself trying to convince nobody but himself that pbf won that fight too
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny it isn't quite the same. First Castillo would outland Mayweather by a lot of punches in a few rounds which he won while the rest Mayweather would out punch him by a smaller margin, and would win the round. IN the Oscar Dela Hoya vs. Mayweather fight not only where the number way more in Mayweather's favor, but he 1. landed a lot more clean shots than Castillo did against him. 2. He landed more to the head, and 3. He out landed Oscar is almost every round instead of having a whole punches landed in one round while in another almost landed the same number eventually the one guy will have way more punch stat numbers. Anyways Mayweather vs. Castillo I was a much closer fight than this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Which also gives credibility to all of Mayweather past opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Danny it isn't quite the same. First Castillo would outland Mayweather by a lot of punches in a few rounds which he won while the rest Mayweather would out punch him by a smaller margin, and would win the round. IN the Oscar Dela Hoya vs. Mayweather fight not only where the number way more in Mayweather's favor, but he 1. landed a lot more clean shots than Castillo did against him. 2. He landed more to the head, and 3. He out landed Oscar is almost every round instead of having a whole punches landed in one round while in another almost landed the same number eventually the one guy will have way more punch stat numbers. Anyways Mayweather vs. Castillo I was a much closer fight than this one.
    either the #s are credible or they're not. can't have it both ways. they matter when they help your arguement but don't matter when they hurt it. no no no.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EastonAssassin
    either the #s are credible or they're not. can't have it both ways. they matter when they help your arguement but don't matter when they hurt it. no no no.
    My point exactly and this is why I never used the compubox stats to argue.

There are only two operators doing the compubox numbers and that for me is not enough.
    There should be a lot more. If they had 6 to 8 operators doing different functions then I would regard compubox numbers with more respect.
    The way the system is set up right now leaves a huge hole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

look at this post... he said that compubox agrees with the way he scores the fight on another thread now on this one it isnt quite the same? wow, what else can i say except good luck hanging on mayweathers nuts.. there a lot of u guys there
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Compubox is dodgy always, so many things to take into account when reading the stats. It never really proves anything!
    Having said that, I was watching Oscar vs. Floyd again earlier and I was looking at a lot of it in slo-mo. Oscar missed so many punches that people would have thought he had landed in real time, it is amazing. At the last second, Floyd seems to just get himself out of harms way either by slipping, rolling or parrying. If anyone can, look at the combination from Oscar with around 1 minute left in round 9 as an example in slo-mo. He throws around 8 punches and misses with every one of them! You would be sure he connected in real time, especially with the crowd going insane, but Floyd actually successfully avoids every one of them!
    Floyd's misses were a lot easier to pick up on because he was not really throwing combinations, just single shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie
    Compubox is dodgy always, so many things to take into account when reading the stats. It never really proves anything!
    Having said that, I was watching Oscar vs. Floyd again earlier and I was looking at a lot of it in slo-mo. Oscar missed so many punches that people would have thought he had landed in real time, it is amazing. At the last second, Floyd seems to just get himself out of harms way either by slipping, rolling or parrying. If anyone can, look at the combination from Oscar with around 1 minute left in round 9 as an example in slo-mo. He throws around 8 punches and misses with every one of them! You would be sure he connected in real time, especially with the crowd going insane, but Floyd actually successfully avoids every one of them!
    Floyd's misses were a lot easier to pick up on because he was not really throwing combinations, just single shots.
    so they way mayweather's head snaps back is just mayweather making his head snap back, just like ur suggesting right
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If compubox is the above all criteria for judging fights, why are 3 human being sitting ringside with the duty of judging the fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by clean
    If compubox is the above all criteria for judging fights, why are 3 human being sitting ringside with the duty of judging the fight
    well, u have to give them a job...coz they're supposed to be some scoring experts.
    sun tzu-art of war

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie
    I did not have a problem seeing these punches miss.
    Great defense work from Floyd.
    Oscars punches should have been coming forward and not wide. Why did Oscar choose to throw penguin punches is beyond me. I have never seen anything like it. Floyd made it look so simple. I swear he thinks so out side the box. His defense is unconventional.
    Oscar should have been throwing those punches right down the middle aiming for the chest. But then again, I think Floyd would have just tied Oscar up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by EastonAssassin
    No I just explained the different scenarios... First of all Castillo and Oscar last night would do stuff like throw arm punches in close that mean nothing, but count as a punch. Or they would hold PBF against the ropes and throw a lot of hooks to the body that were meaningless and shouldn't count. Most judges see this. Mayweather always throws hard crisp punches. He gets as much power as he can behind his punches, and he doesn't throwing meaningless slapping punches in the clinch or in close just to raise his punch stat. WHen Mayweather landes 200 punches HE's landed 200 punches. He doesn't always hit cleanly, but he only throws punches if he can have power behind them. That's the difference that makes a rule work at one time, but not in another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by clean
    I agree that compubox aren't the end all, be all of boxing, but I just used it to demonstrate the dominance tactically of what Mayweather did. He hit and got hit as little as possible, and that is what should be judged. Oscar's pressure should be taken into account, but it was him throwing a lot of meaningless punches. That's not what a great boxer should do, and Mayweather showed that efficient fighting wins the night.

Thread Information