User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sechew Powell? Early stoppage?

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Unhappy Sechew Powell? Early stoppage?

I was trying to watch Wednesday night fights but I was having computer problems and I was trying to fix them while trying to watch the fights. Was that an early stoppage?

BTW. I lost everything on my computer and I had to reformat

So, those of you who were waiting on sigis, are going to have to do just that. WAIT. I have to install all of my programs again. I lost all of my current fights about 40 GIGS worth

I lost many new photos, graphics, designs etc, I was working on.

Anyway, getting back to Powell. I did not see Powell in too much trouble and I did not hear the ref saying anything to Powell. I wish Steve Smoger had been the ref. Had it been Steve, I would have been able to live with the stoppage. Who was that ref anyway? Had Powell knew the ref was going to stop the fight, I am sure he would have shown some offense, (I am not saying he was not getting hit because the replay shows it but he was not out on his feet yet) I am sure he would have taken a knee or just got knocked out. Your thoughts since I did not catch the whole fight because of this stupid computer.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sechew Powell? Early stoppage?

Benji Estevez was the ref. And it was kind of an early stoppage. But I don't like Powell. So I'm cool with it. That's fukked up your computer problem. Sorry to hear that, carnal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's the deal about the early stoppage: Yes, it was early, but it made absolutely no difference. Powell obviously didn't take the kid seriously, he'd done next to nothing offensively the entire fight and had been taking heavy shots for the few rounds leading up to the stoppage. Powell was going to lose that fight no matter what. Had it been allowed to go, I'm sure Latimore would have stopped him in the next round or two legitimately, and if not, he would have damn sure won on points. Sechew has nothing to bitch about, he brought the loss on himself by not preparing and taking his opponent way too lightly.
    Down Goes Frazier!!! Down Goes Frazier!!! Down Goes Frazier!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This Is one that I have little problem with the stoppage,Powell has himself to blame as well as an "opponent" In Latimore that put it on him consistently with activity and accuracy...pretty nice contested fight early on & throughout....Latimore had him on the ropes and really blunted him with a looong right hand,and bent response....Powell has skills but just went through the motions when pressed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure Powell will argue it was too early; but maybe he should have been fighting instead of trying to reinvent Ali's rope-a-dope. Guy wasn't doing anything but taking shots. His own fault.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can think of three times that Powell tried to open up on Latimore (the only three times Powell did anything that fight) and guess what Latimore fired back everytime. I don't think I've seen anyone catch Powell so clean except maybe Ouma. So yes the stoppage was early for those of us watching at home, but consider what the ref saw...........Powell caught clean and looked rocked (whether or not he was faking it doesn't matter) Latimore caught Powell with a soft jab and Powell fell back into the ropes, Latimore then proceeded to snap Powell's head back with an uppercut.
    Powell did seem relatively unable to defend himself, so from the point of view of the ref it probably wasn't as bad of a stoppage as it was made out to be.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe, but he was getting his ass kicked so I wasn't that up in arms.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....reguardless of everything powell earned that loss, how he got it may be in question but i actually think he'll be better and have learned a lesson from this.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Thread Information