Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smash is your boy Carrick joining the mighty Red Devils??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Smash is your boy Carrick joining the mighty Red Devils??

I hope so theres alot of talk today about Carrick leaving Spurs for Utd for around 10 Million, i think he would be a good buy for the reds, a few people are also saying it could involve a swap with Horse face Van the man, i think he will leave us but we shouldnt sell him to another Premiership club.

I think you could have a few problems if Arsenal get in the CL mate alot of your star players will be wanted men.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Smash is your boy Carrick joining the mighty Red Devils??

Hope he does'nt go but if Utd put in a good bid and offer him proper £££ (He's on £15k per year at spurs,which in football terms is poo) then he could be off.
    We have been assured funds to buy and Champions league footy should hopefully secure him.
    Time will tell but i hope he f*cking stays put.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

15 k per year is poo fella

Really like Carrick, got to play him as Holding midfileder for England and push Lampard and Gerard forward now Shrek is out!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea i think carrick is fucking excellent, very underated, and started showing his attacking skills recently, taking players on, think he would complete englands midfield as a holding player.

i wouldnt mind getting paid 15k a week though!!!
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If spurs are serious about improving each season and trying to get to the top, we need to keep him definitely, if they sell him it shows a complete lack of ambition, especially if they only get past it horse boy in return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp
    If spurs are serious about improving each season and trying to get to the top, we need to keep him definitely, if they sell him it shows a complete lack of ambition, especially if they only get past it horse boy in return.
    Saying that though mate you cant do much if he wants the move, and to be honest would you blame him??

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Deadly Ledley has just signed a 4 year £50k per week contract and Keano says he wants to stay.
    Defoe said he wants to stay put too so we could lose The shoe bomberMido

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest I would blame him if he moved. Spurs are on the up and have a lot of young talent. Now that they've had a chance to settle we should see better results every year, if they keep adding wisely to the squad I can't see why they won't be challenging the likes of Man U in the near future.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The cockrel is a flappin mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest I would blame him if he moved. Spurs are on the up and have a lot of young talent. Now that they've had a chance to settle we should see better results every year, if they keep adding wisely to the squad I can't see why they won't be challenging the likes of Man U in the near future.
    please tell me how Spurs will be challenging Man Utd I think your going a tad over board, i like Spurs i like Jol, but you aint in the same league to compete with Utd.

Firstly Utd are going to be making a further 35 Million per year for having 70000 + fans at each home game, the highest wage you pay at Spurs is 50k a week Utd can happily pay three or four players 100k+ a year.

Spurs are going through a good period at the moment but they will not be on the level of Man Utd Chelski Liverpool or Arsenal for a long long long time if ever.

Man Utd would offer Carrick a chance of silver ware every year, can Tottenham offer that?? No they cant.

They will only challenge if they get there own Abrabovic!!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We shall see next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    We shall see next season
    Smash do you really believe that?? come on mate, Spurs will do well to get in europe again next season, i think Newcastle-Man City-Middelsboro will defintly have better seasons and be competing with Spurs for europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    please tell me how Spurs will be challenging Man Utd I think your going a tad over board, i like Spurs i like Jol, but you aint in the same league to compete with Utd.

Firstly Utd are going to be making a further 35 Million per year for having 70000 + fans at each home game, the highest wage you pay at Spurs is 50k a week Utd can happily pay three or four players 100k+ a year.

Spurs are going through a good period at the moment but they will not be on the level of Man Utd Chelski Liverpool or Arsenal for a long long long time if ever.

Man Utd would offer Carrick a chance of silver ware every year, can Tottenham offer that?? No they cant.

Real Madrid have shown that you can have all the money in the world and still fuck up, while Arsenal have done pretty damn good (though I hate to say it) on a limited budget.
    Spurs have got a decent squad at the moment which can improve if they secure champions league qualification. It's a young squad with big potential. At the moment Man U have a lot of blanks to fill as a lot of players are aging (though as you said they have the means to fill them) but at the moment I'd have to say we've closed the gap considerably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes you have improved a hell of a lot this year, but it will be a gradual process, i cant see you competing off the field against the likes of Utd for a good few years if you can build up a reputation in europe and keep improving, on the pitch it will be difficult to back it up next year as Everton showed, but if you dont get into the Champions League do you think all your players will stay??

Ive heard Lennon is wanted by Liverpool and obviously Carrick??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you'll find 50k a week is more than 100k a year.

I know I know a pathetic cheapshot.

We're challenging Arsenal already this season, and be past them if Henry leaves. Don't think we're far off Liverpool either, as I said our squad is young, and will be maturer next season with hopefully a few good additions.

Yes you have improved a hell of a lot this year, but it will be a gradual process, i cant see you competing off the field against the likes of Utd for a good few years if you can build up a reputation in europe and keep improving, on the pitch it will be difficult to back it up next year as Everton showed, but if you dont get into the Champions League do you think all your players will stay??

Ive heard Lennon is wanted by Liverpool and obviously Carrick??
    Read this as I was submitting. Keeping players is obviously crucial, especially the two you mentioned, both have improved and added to their play considerably this season, Lennon looks to be turning into something special, especially if he works on his finishing. As I said, squadwise we are on par with Liverpool IMO except for Gerrard of course, I'd be gutted if Lennon Carrick would even consider going there.

anyway I'm off to try and do some work before the end of the day.

Thread Information