Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd: The $8m Chicken

In the end...it all boils down to this...the past two years...Mayweather vs Gatti, Judah, Hatton, & Oscar has been the game plan & track.

Margarito starts making noise to fight Mayweather & wants the fight to take place 2 months before the Super Fight with Oscar or Hatton?

Come on now. There is no dollar amount that you can put out there that will equate to a win over Oscar...really even over Hatton.

If Floyd wants to accomplish his dreams by beating those two...who are we...or who are Margarito fans...to change the course of the man's plans? It's easy to talk all of this mess while we sit comfortably in our compu chairs & recliners...but we aint Floyd & we aint lacing up his gloves.

What will be will be & that is that.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    In the end...it all boils down to this...the past two years...Mayweather vs Gatti, Judah, Hatton, & Oscar has been the game plan & track.

Margarito starts making noise to fight Mayweather & wants the fight to take place 2 months before the Super Fight with Oscar or Hatton?

Come on now. There is no dollar amount that you can put out there that will equate to a win over Oscar...really even over Hatton.

If Floyd wants to accomplish his dreams by beating those two...who are we...or who are Margarito fans...to change the course of the man's plans? It's easy to talk all of this mess while we sit comfortably in our compu chairs & recliners...but we aint Floyd & we aint lacing up his gloves.

Just because someone has a plan does not mean he is going to stick to it. Where did Brusseles and Mitchell come into that plan? Also,Floyd says he will fight anyone if the money is right,you have yet to answer where else he will get $8mill? Also,like I have explained 10000 times,Oscar fight looks unlikely. On top of that,Hatton is not yet ready....and he will NOT get $8mill from a Hatton fight for a good while at least!

No-one on this firum can hide from the fact that if Floyd Mayweather does not sign that contract for the sum of $8 fwockin million, he is running. Simple as that,granted he has a long time to sign but I am saying it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game

Just because someone has a plan does not mean he is going to stick to it. Where did Brusseles and Mitchell come into that plan? Also,Floyd says he will fight anyone if the money is right,you have yet to answer where else he will get $8mill? Also,like I have explained 10000 times,Oscar fight looks unlikely. On top of that,Hatton is not yet ready....and he will NOT get $8mill from a Hatton fight for a good while at least!

No-one on this firum can hide from the fact that if Floyd Mayweather does not sign that contract for the sum of $8 fwockin million, he is running. Simple as that,granted he has a long time to sign but I am saying it now.
    To be honest The Game i agree, i dont know if he will get $8 million for Hatton but it wont be far off with the British money i can see them both earning around 8/10 million.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Point taken.

We shall all see very very soon.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Skel1983,if the fight was to happen at this moment in time,no way would they make $8million each in the US and no way would Floyd go to Britain so....

Point taken.

Dam straight!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Skel1983,if the fight was to happen at this moment in time,no way would they make $8million each in the US and no way would Floyd go to Britain so....

Point taken.

Dam straight!!
    Yes your probably right actully, obvioulsy Tony aint getting that much of this fight with Floyd, Hatton will obviously want a bigger split probably 50/50. But Hatton brings at least an extra $5 million from English Tv alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd's already rich! He could fight anybody for an easy million, why not fight a bigger name like Hatton instead? That's the fight everyone wants to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, you get a degree in Journalism and all of a sudden you a boxing expert; knowing the ins and outs of the business.

I knew this guy was a moron as soon as I read the first paragraph.

The most stupiest part of this article was when he started comparing situations in other sports compare to Boxing. Like how the fuck are you going to compare Tiger playing in the master with a boxer choosing his opponent?

This guy is an idiot. He doesn't know anything about business aspect of boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a Margarito fan and true believer and don't buy this crap. Floyd more than anyone wants to fight Oscar (its personal...symbolically fighting his own pops...and that drama could make that even more lucrative than the imaginary Margarito deal your talking about) why risk that fight to fight a tough fight like Margarito now. That would make him stupid. Miles seems like you have some extra hate for Floyd (not uncommon) but damn that whole post was just extra for real....In the interim he might fight Baldomir or even Shane, but risking the payday and hype of De La Hoya fight to fight a bull like Margarito, if I was managing him even IF I thought he could beat Margarito would never encourage a fight with him right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Froggystyle II

Yeah, you get a degree in Journalism and all of a sudden you a boxing expert; knowing the ins and outs of the business.

The most stupiest part of this article was when he started comparing situations in other sports compare to Boxing. Like how the F*** are you going to compare Tiger playing in the master with a boxer choosing his opponent?

Holy shat...that's priceless...didn't you just try to clarify something in a boxing related arguement on another thread by comparing it to basketball leagues to make a point?

Your'e right...this guy is an idiot.

You done good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic
    I'm a Margarito fan and true believer and don't buy this crap. Floyd more than anyone wants to fight Oscar (its personal...symbolically fighting his own pops...and that drama could make that even more lucrative than the imaginary Margarito deal your talking about) why risk that fight to fight a tough fight like Margarito now. That would make him stupid. Miles seems like you have some extra hate for Floyd (not uncommon) but damn that whole post was just extra for real....In the interim he might fight Baldomir or even Shane, but risking the payday and hype of De La Hoya fight to fight a bull like Margarito, if I was managing him even IF I thought he could beat Margarito would never encourage a fight with him right now.
    Good to hear it from a Margarito fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly! PBF is not afraid of Margarito. This is a business decision. Why fight Margarito for 8 mil, when he could probably make twice that against Delahoya, and it would probably be an easier fight.

CC for Eclectic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Froggystyle II

The most stupiest part of this article was when he started comparing situations in other sports compare to Boxing. Like how the F*** are you going to compare Tiger playing in the master with a boxer choosing his opponent?

Holy shat...that's priceless...didn't you just try to clarify something in a boxing related arguement on another thread by comparing it to basketball leagues to make a point?

Your'e right...this guy is an idiot.

You done good.
    You used a sprinter in comparison too...priceless.

You have now won me over with nothing more than sheer broad spectrum generalization!!!

To hell with all British fighters!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Margarito gets destroyed by Floyd I want to see all these writers writing columns eating crow.

Look at how many people insulted Calzaghe and said he was chicken and that he "faked" his injury. Where are those writers now?

This guy just commited career suicide.. Floyd is gonna dominate Margarito in such a fashion he'll wish they never fought so he could still write his ridiculous articles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If what this writer says is true.

Then Margarito ducked Collazo the same way Karl Malone ducked Dennis Rodman

Thread Information