Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Marijuana

Every time i see my cousin hes always talking about starting boxing and wants me to show him some moves. Sometimes hes set on extra stupid and wants to sparr me. I tell him i wont show him anything nor will i suggest he joins a gym until he decides what he wants to do, smoke marijuana or box because you cant do both.

I was wondering if im being a little harsh

Are there any boxers out there that smoke and if so, are they any good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marijuana

yes...me, and no...not me.
    i enjoy both and i don't think you should forbid him from boxing
    not everybody gets into boxing hoping to make a career out of it
    just teach him and let him have his fun
    Lightning Strikes Twice

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A few boxers pretend to smoke infront of the cameras but thats about it.

you can smoke and pretend to box or you can box and pretend to smoke...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In my opinion, you're doing the right thing. Marijuana is bad, plus illegal. Hopefully, this will influence him to quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

drugs are bad,dont do drugs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i used to play college football and smoke quit a bit. i probably smoked every other or every third day. physically i felt i was in shape. i kept up fine. after a few months i had to quit because i couldn't keep up mentally . i doubt you could go to the olympics and smoke cigarettes, but i think you could enjoy a physically demanding hobby and still smoke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I found out watching the Mayorga fight that he smokes cigarettes and is a twelve round fighter.
    He actually smoked a cigarette on the way to the match.

But i do know for a fact that marijuana is by far less harmful than cigaretts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well, in a point you're probably right. if he likes boxing so much, perhaps he'll stop smoking.

but then again, if he won't quit smoking, then perhaps it's better that he starts boxing, at least boxing will keep his body in shape. if he gets any good at boxing, imho, he'll quit smoking without anyone telling him so.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight132
    I found out watching the Mayorga fight that he smokes cigarettes and is a twelve round fighter.
    He actually smoked a cigarette on the way to the match.

he's one of the protenders... taking a draw off a cigeratte is different to smoking all the time during training camp... and he got knocked down in under 30 seconds... :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey i seen somewhere that drugs and stuff acta;;y disintergrate your brain or somthing they compared this guy that had no drugs and this guy that was hooked and the druggy had half a brain
    but then again i guess thats ok cause the less brain cells u hav the less pain you feel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are fighters who drink occasionally. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    There are fighters who smoke marijuana occasionally nothing wrong with that either. If you do them more than just every great once and a while that's when you have a problem.
    Don't believe the if you do it once and a while your ruined stuff.
    That's all un educated hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not true, marijuana is alot harsher (one spliff is equal to about five fags) on your lungs and it kills brain cells, and slows reaction time (not just when your smoking it), theres more stuff it does too that smoking doesnt. Also you will have cigarette baccy in the spliff anyway (unless its a blunt), which makes it even worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hobbsy
    But i do know for a fact that marijuana is by far less harmful than cigarettes
    Not true, marijuana is alto harsher (one spiffy is equal to about five fags) on your lungs and it kills brain cells, and slows reaction time (not just when your smoking it), theres more stuff it does too that smoking doesn't. Also you will have cigarette Baxy in the spiffy anyway (unless its a blunt), which makes it even worse.
    but Ive never heard of anyone getting cancer or emphysema from marijuana i think the media just says that to get people to stop. As far as brain cells the drugs the doctor gives you kill them too, Even if its acne medicine it still has a small affect on your brain because its a foreign chemical.

My concern is his stamina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hobbsy
    But i do know for a fact that marijuana is by far less harmful than cigarettes
    Not true, marijuana is alto harsher (one spiffy is equal to about five fags) on your lungs and it kills brain cells, and slows reaction time (not just when your smoking it), theres more stuff it does too that smoking doesn't. Also you will have cigarette Baxy in the spiffy anyway (unless its a blunt), which makes it even worse.
    but Ive never heard of anyone getting cancer or emphysema from marijuana i think the media just says that to get people to stop. As far as brain cells the drugs the doctor gives you kill them too, Even if its acne medicine it still has a small affect on your brain because its a foreign chemical.
    yes but as someone else said, most the time you smoke weed with tabacco mixed with it, so your getting the "worst of both worlds".

Saying that though, 1 spliff a day or every 2 days is alot better than smoking a pack of cigs a day imo.
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you smoke top quality Bud every great once and a while "no tobacco at all in it." like for example,
    once every couple of months I seriously doubt It will effect you in any noticable way. There is no way the government can tax bud, that's why it is illegal, that's why there are commercials about how bad it is, that's why there are commercials about alcohol trying to get you to buy it instead because they can tax it. Most people aren't going make there own liquor. Therefore the government can tax it make money and laugh at your cirrhosis.

Thread Information