Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on De La Hoya vs. Mayweather Jr.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Opinions on De La Hoya vs. Mayweather Jr.

We've heard rumors about this fight but of course, it might not even take place. But assuming they would fight,who would win? why?

First I'd like to say that it would not be the boring fight some of you think it will be UNLESS Floyd runs. I never quite understood why you guys just pick Floyd without much thought. He's a great boxer who has great speed but he can't really knockout guys like Vargas, Oscar, Trinidad,Mayorga, etc... I see the outcome of this fight like the Forrest / Mayorga one...I'm not at all comparing Oscar with Mayorga ( NOT AT ALL...haha ) or Forrest with Floyd but I think it's similar in the way that everyone is quickly picking Floyd to win...just like Forrest would easily beat Mayorga(or so they thought).

If Floyd trades with Oscar, he goes down!! I don't see Floyd hurting Oscar and much less a KO against him. If it goes all the way, It can go either way. It would be GREAT to see Floyd get KOed, he talks too much sh*t.

So my pick: Oscar by KO

Yes I dislike Floyd Jr. but I wasn't rooting for Judah, Judah's a bigger biatch than Floyd!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Opinions on De La Hoya vs. Mayweather Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman76
    We've heard rumors about this fight but of course, it might not even take place. But assuming they would fight,who would win? why?

First I'd like to say that it would not be the boring fight some of you think it will be UNLESS Floyd runs. I never quite understood why you guys just pick Floyd without much thought. He's a great boxer who has great speed but he can't really knockout guys like Vargas, Oscar, Trinidad,Mayorga, etc... I see the outcome of this fight like the Forrest / Mayorga one...I'm not at all comparing Oscar with Mayorga ( NOT AT ALL...haha ) or Forrest with Floyd but I think it's similar in the way that everyone is quickly picking Floyd to win...just like Forrest would easily beat Mayorga(or so they thought).

If Floyd trades with Oscar, he goes down!! I don't see Floyd hurting Oscar and much less a KO against him. If it goes all the way, It can go either way. It would be GREAT to see Floyd get KOed, he talks too much sh*t.

Yes I dislike Floyd Jr. but I wasn't rooting for Judah, Judah's a bigger biatch than Floyd!
    I can't pick one to be honest. And I don't see how anyone can be completely sold on PBF for this fight, should it happen. Mayweather is extremely talented, somewhat untested (not as untested as many like to say), but untested compared to Oscar. Also, Mayweather is just settling into these higher weights, DLH has fought big names in all of these weight classes, and has always, at the very least, held his own.

Mayweather out does DLH in speed, perhaps in defensive skills as well. DLH totally outmatches PBF in power though. DLH also is more experienced, and if it came down to a close fight where they were both giving it their all... I think DLH is more durable. I am not sure what PBF would do if he got caught, hurt, or dropped.

I was not interested in this fight at all... but I think I have overlooked DLH far too easily. He is a great fighter, and he would give PBF his greatest test. DLH could fight like Castillo, except bring more size, power, speed, defense, combination punching, experience, and durability.

Tough call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

at 147...oscar eats rights all night long and will chase floyd around the ring enroute to losing a UD
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar will get absolutely embarassed by mayweather. He was made to look good by fighting Mayorga just as tito was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You cant really judge how this fight goes after saturdays performance, where we saw a very skilled fighter in Dela Hoya just outsmart a very average boxer with power, which was Oscar's plan from day one of making this fight, Mayorga was there to make Dela Hoya look good, Mayweather is too much for Dela Hoya at this stage of his career for me anyway. Mayweather UD

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any fight Delahoya wants, he gets.

He'll get this fight cause Mayweather wants it too.

He'll get his ass kicked tho
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i honestly think this is a very bad stylistic matchup for PBF. a guy who is much taller, with longer reach, and good jab and a willingness to throw to the body. PBF has never faced anyone like ODLH before and i think he would be in for a rude awakening. PBF has nothing to hurt oscar with and we saw that at 147 his hands arent that blindingly fast that dlh cant matchup well. i think DLH wins easy and by kayo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know they set the Mayorga match up because they thought Oscar would beat him, but he looked much more impressive than anyone thought he would.

The speed of his combo's was pretty amazing, and he has apparently picked up some power. If Judah was able to get to Floyd in the early rounds, then Oscar won't have a problem getting to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar would win the fight.

Floyd beat some people but never fought anybody like ODLH, and when you are in the Ring the truth comes to ya REAL fast. He will get confused when he fights a guy that pressures him like Castillo but actually KNOWS how to box and has good defense and Handspeed.

He has MORE then enough power and combination punching to beat floyd and he has JUST enough Speed to do it...

ODLH by K.O.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this will be a great fight. if both fighters are in peak condition i give it to dlh by decision. mayweather will have speed, dlh will have size power and reach. good fight though. and the winner should fight mosley if he beats vargas. imo
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me gaze into my crystal ball...

I think PBF vs ODLH would be a classic chess match and will probably take place at a catch weight for the WBC 154 championship. I see PBF moving in and out using that jab to the stomach and using right hand leads. I see ODLH trying to throw those right-left combos everytime PBF comes in but being too late each time. I see Floyd winning 5 of the first 7 rounds. I see ODLH pressuring PBF more and more in rounds 8-10 and backing PBF against the ropes and landing a lot of blows that land on the shoulders, chest, and gloves. I see ODLH winning those rounds. I see PBF opening up more and more as he senses ODLH is tiring and is willing to trade with ODLH in the championship rounds. I see PBF getting caught by a left hook late in round 11 but being able to hang on until the end of the round. I see PBF coming out and sticking and moving while ODLH is eager to trade, I see PBF using that jab to the stomach and his speed to stay away from ODLH's left hook for round 12. I see judge Duane Ford scoring the fight 115-113 for ODLH. I see judge Julie Lederman scoring the fight 116-112 for PBF. I see judge Dave Moretti scoring the fight 115-113 for your winner by split decision...

AND NEW JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WOOORRRRLLD!!!,
    PRETTY BOY FLOYD MAYWEATHER!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before the weekends bout i had Mayweather embarrasing De La Hoya but he looked interested and fit again so now i duno so much. I think it comes down to De La Hoyas power vs Floyds speed. I still pick Floyd by UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jman76

if the fight is at 154 I could see ODLH getting the KO on PBF..if the fight is at 147 it could go either way but I would still think ODLH has the advantage in power and overall bigger fighter....but at 147 floyd will have the speed...I don't think floyd can effectivly carry 154.....and how he carries 147 against those powerful shots is still in the air...Judah got to him in the first few rounds but PBF adapted wonderfully and Zab quit fighting....his punch totals became abismal and he quit going to the body...so who knows if PBF can stand up to a well executed gameplan coming from a 147-154 lb fighter i.e ODLH....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd should beat Oscar fairly easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    Floyd should beat Oscar fairly easily.
    How? Why?

Fairly easily??!!

Thread Information