Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your training background?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What's your training background?

manhandle in terms of MA/boxing with rules? since when was coordination sexually determind?

ok. chances are being bigger they are slower. You keep out the way. Hit and run. There are plenty of examples of smaller guys beating bigger guys. In these technique is king. Sudo vs Butterbean anyone? This is where your grappling/throwing arts are benefical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manhandle in terms of no rules, smothering you not giving you any room to breathe. I do notice a difference in coordination and intensity from what I've seen of male and female fighters in all honesty. Like I said this is just what my uneducated (but perty) eyes are seeing. Yeah the Genki Sudo/Butterbean match was brilliant, how he jumped on the fat guy let him take em down then submitted him, wouldn't feel safe doing that with concrete surrounding me though. But if the big guy isn't a total idiot, wouldn't you feel a bit unsure about trying to give him a judo hip toss? Repercussions for that could be very bad

So out of everyone you've trained/fought with who causes the most frustration? Grapplers, strikers with great speed and power, Brad Pitt lookalikes? Like I said I'm really curious, never meeting a woman who could really tango. Well I take that back I met one but she was well over 300lbs with fast hands and a mean streak out of this world, suspect lesbian as well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    JKD
    Silat
    Kali
    Kickboxing
    MT
    Boxing

I will kill you all.
    I am with you on the JKD,KALI,and I train in MMA NHB fighting
    here is the school site
    www.psdtc.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    JKD
    Silat
    Kali
    Kickboxing
    MT
    Boxing

I will kill you all.
    I am with you on the JKD,KALI,and I train in MMA NHB fighting
    here is the school site
    www.psdtc.com
    Nice site. Although this is where its at and this is what i train in (in addition to judo)

www.urbancombatives.com

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    Manhandle in terms of no rules, smothering you not giving you any room to breathe. I do notice a difference in coordination and intensity from what I've seen of male and female fighters in all honesty. Like I said this is just what my uneducated (but perty) eyes are seeing. Yeah the Genki Sudo/Butterbean match was brilliant, how he jumped on the fat guy let him take em down then submitted him, wouldn't feel safe doing that with concrete surrounding me though. But if the big guy isn't a total idiot, wouldn't you feel a bit unsure about trying to give him a judo hip toss? Repercussions for that could be very bad

So out of everyone you've trained/fought with who causes the most frustration? Grapplers, strikers with great speed and power, Brad Pitt lookalikes? Like I said I'm really curious, never meeting a woman who could really tango. Well I take that back I met one but she was well over 300lbs with fast hands and a mean streak out of this world, suspect lesbian as well!

well first rule is to avoid a fight, check your ego, is arguing over a car park space worth dying for. If it can't be avoided move on to second rule hit first it's better to give than to receive against a monster you could leg it, blow out the knee, hit the balls and run, why would you stand and fight and give him a chance for him and his buddies to wail on you?

It's understanding the range. I'm more a stand up fighter so I aim to keep it there, that means using superior footwork against a grappler. The same as if I were a ground fighter I would want to take down a puncher/kicker. Fact is I wouldn't be looking for a judo hip toss.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights

well first rule is to avoid a fight, check your ego, is arguing over a car park space worth dying for. If it can't be avoided move on to second rule hit first it's better to give than to receive against a monster you could leg it, blow out the knee, hit the balls and run, why would you stand and fight and give him a chance for him and his buddies to wail on you?

It's understanding the range. I'm more a stand up fighter so I aim to keep it there, that means using superior footwork against a grappler. The same as if I were a ground fighter I would want to take down a puncher/kicker. Fact is I wouldn't be looking for a judo hip toss.
    Missy i am not kidding MY GOD that was sexy. You even cited awareness and avoidance as the first part of a self protection gameplan. Then advocated the use of the pre-emptive strike as the best form of defence.You then went on to talk about pre-emptiveness and then the escape/not hanging around. I could talk for hours on self protection/target hardening/awareness/pre emption as its now primarily what i train in. You are 100% right its the person not the art. Arts are attributes that a person can use but once you have no other option you have to have the correct mindset to use those attributes. At our club we train specifically for street confrontation including adrenaline/pain stress drills. (this is all in addition to my judo which i compete for sport..although great in a real encounter when in close...if anything goes to the ground it means you have fukced up in the first place and have got to dig your way out of the sh*t)

You are my SP goddess. Can we get together and talk violence patterns and verbal dissuasion/loopholing techniques?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am know several techniques. It's a date

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I am curious to see what everyones background is. Mine is wrestling/BJJ with a little Muay Thai thrown in.
    Kung Fu/Boxing/WWE
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have several black belts in Origami.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

boxing, where fights are won and lost...standing up.

Thread Information