Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I was wrong!! Hatton is all wrong for 147!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I was wrong!! Hatton is all wrong for 147!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    as if he collazo was robbed. it was a close fight but ricky edged it. collazo didn't do enough for you to say he was robbed. hatton had a bad night and collazo boxed probably the best he ever has and ricky still edged it.
    I didn't see it that way..I saw a fighter that couldn't adjust and lost the fight 114-113...he got lucky with the KD and even luckier decision...
    A one point difference is a robbery?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salhadin
    You guys keep talking this way...

Who is the best at 147 Mayweather?? what legit 147 did he fight? Mayweather fought 2 blown up 140s....has not faced a true 147 yet, and couldnt put a scratch on Buldozer let alone hatton.

Hatton came up in weight and beat a 147 natural who was winning Fights.... PBF fought.....Mitchel Judah who lost to Buldozer?

Plz get ya'll facts straight
    Heres some facts for u:
    -PBF started out at 130 and is now at 147
    -Hatton started at 140 and is now at 147
    -Who should be more comfortable at this weight? I would say hatton so please stop with the lame excuses. The fact is pbf started at 130 and came up and beat a guy who one fight ago was the undisputed champ. Hatton came up one class and arguably lose to a guy who three fights ago was fighting a guy with a 7-41 record.The facts are he just ain't as good as you think and he shouldn't of had these kinda problems with this type of fighter. A top 10 ponund 4 pounder shouldn't have these type of fights against this kinda opponent. They call it pound 4 pound because that means you should be able to beat anyone at or close to your weight. Face it he fought a second-tier fighter and hads lots of trouble.
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MRMANICK
    Quote Originally Posted by Salhadin
    You guys keep talking this way...

Who is the best at 147 Mayweather?? what legit 147 did he fight? Mayweather fought 2 blown up 140s....has not faced a true 147 yet, and couldnt put a scratch on Buldozer let alone hatton.

Hatton came up in weight and beat a 147 natural who was winning Fights.... PBF fought.....Mitchel Judah who lost to Buldozer?

Plz get ya'll facts straight
    Heres some facts for u:
    -PBF started out at 130 and is now at 147
    -Hatton started at 140 and is now at 147
    -Who should be more comfortable at this weight? I would say hatton so please stop with the lame excuses. The fact is pbf started at 130 and came up and beat a guy who one fight ago was the undisputed champ. Hatton came up one class and arguably lose to a guy who three fights ago was fighting a guy with a 7-41 record.The facts are he just ain't as good as you think and he shouldn't of had these kinda problems with this type of fighter. A top 10 ponund 4 pounder shouldn't have these type of fights against this kinda opponent. They call it pound 4 pound because that means you should be able to beat anyone at or close to your weight. Face it he fought a second-tier fighter and hads lots of trouble.
    not to mention sadly enough Ricky never made any technical adjustments through out the fight to warrant saying he would have a punchers chance if any against the fast slick Top Welters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bollocks mrmanick. did you watch the fight? collazo looked really good and probably supprised shit loads of people including me. he would have given anyone problems and wouldnt have been disposed of by mayweather. collazo wasnt as shit last night as your making out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collazo doesn't look 2nd tier to me and it would take much more than a 2nd tier fighter to make Hatton look ordinary.
    Hattons style is a little ugly but he is very effective and 2nd tier fighters go by the wayside quickly.
    Respect to Collazo, he's a big natural Welterweight and until yesterday he was a champ. He has quick hands and good combo's. He's not the finished article but he is only 25.

Ricky is ensured a big name opponent now.
    I hope he trains and fights smarter and not just harder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Whirlwind
    Collazo doesn't look 2nd tier to me and it would take much more than a 2nd tier fighter to make Hatton look ordinary.
    Hattons style is a little ugly but he is very effective and 2nd tier fighters go by the wayside quickly.
    Respect to Collazo, he's a big natural Welterweight and until yesterday he was a champ. He has quick hands and good combo's. He's not the finished article but he is only 25.

cool click. hatton showed last night the durability of an ox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LBSCFC
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whirlwind

cool click. hatton showed last night the durability of an ox
    AN huggin lovin OX in heat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bollocks mrmanick. did you watch the fight? collazo looked really good and probably supprised S*** loads of people including me. he would have given anyone problems and wouldnt have been disposed of by mayweather. collazo wasnt as S*** last night as your making out.
    Oh no collazo looked good last night. But don't front. Everyone knew he picked him cause he thought he would walk through him. Thats what his fans thought and thats what most writers thought too. This was suppose to be an easy belt and it should have.Collazo is good but he was a paper champ.Thats the facts. After this fight i think collazo is alot better than people thought and that hatton is not as good as people thought.Fan or not thats what that fight showed. I can admit he got the win but can u admit he looked bad doing it? And by the way pbf would have a field day with collazo. Hes too good a boxer.His defense is too good. That was hatton problem. If he would of atual boxed more he might have looked better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree Ricky looked bad.
    But he still won.
    He always struggles with Southpaws and he always looks beat up after a fight.
    Styles make fights.
    I think Ricky vs Mayweather would be FAR MORE of a spectacle than that one sided dismemberment lesson that PBF handed to Gatti.
    Ricky won't be facing Mayweather for at least a year or two anyway.
    Plenty of time to develop at least SOME head movement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hatton had a bad might and is capable of so much more than last nights performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the fight didnt do Hatton as much good as it should have done, since he 'won' so unconvincingly. Technically, he got what he wanted - a door-opening first USA win at 147. But the story as is obvious is not told by the UD alone.

Hatton can still negotiate this victory to be what he wants it to be in terms of moving on, so that's good for him. He's lucky, though, that this is the case, and he shouldn't be in this position because of luck. Even if he did get a legit UD, it wasn't how it should have been, and that is undeniable.

What I am hoping is that out of this performance, Callazo, who 'lost' so convincingly, will also have an opportunity to show whether he is really ready to fight at this level successfully, or was he just custom-trained against Hatton and so did well? If styles make fights, how would Callazo stand against a boxer? He sure seems to have come out of an unpromising history to shine last night. Where for Callazo now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NuthaPug
    the fight didnt do Hatton as much good as it should have done, since he 'won' so unconvincingly. Technically, he got what he wanted - a door-opening first USA win at 147. But the story as is obvious is not told by the UD alone.

Hatton can still negotiate this victory to be what he wants it to be in terms of moving on, so that's good for him. He's lucky, though, that this is the case, and he shouldn't be in this position because of luck. Even if he did get a legit UD, it wasn't how it should have been, and that is undeniable.

What I am hoping is that out of this performance, Callazo, who 'lost' so convincingly, will also have an opportunity to show whether he is really ready to fight at this level successfully, or was he just custom-trained against Hatton and so did well? If styles make fights, how would Callazo stand against a boxer? He sure seems to have come out of an unpromising history to shine last night. Where for Callazo now?
    Well he deserves a rematch but sadly I don't think hatton would risk it. We saw the punches but ricky felt them and he said himself he was hurt a few times. He knows a rematch may not favor him. And if that same hatton showed up in the rematch i think he would get knocked out. But I hope this opens up some doors for collazo.He showed he belonged last night.Who knows he might fight margarito. Hes earned it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hatton had a bad might and is capable of so much more than last nights performance.
    your probably right I dont hate on Ricky I just think it is a little premature to be calling out Floyd when he has a way to go..Better he finds out this way then throwing him in a big fight watch him get blown out and fracturing his confidence and career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool clicks for Jbirdy and for MrManick as well.
    You are dead right Jb, Ricky is capable of a whole lot more and lets hope he ups the ante for the next fight, he's a quick-ish learner.
    MrManick. I can tell you are not overly enamoured with Ricky's style etc. but you have made some valid points that require some valid answers in the ring from the man in question.
    I have to say I'm not particularly drawn to Ricky's rough and tough style but he's much more than just a pressure fighter, and he is a real top fella out of the ring with no nonsense trash talk etc. So a cool click for you sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    your probably right I dont hate on Ricky I just think it is a little premature to be calling out Floyd when he has a way to go..Better he finds out this way then throwing him in a big fight watch him get blown out and fracturing his confidence and career
    I agree 100% and thats really been my only problem. I like Hatton ,i think hes a decent fighter and has alot of heart but his technical is not up to par. And a guy like pbf who is technical master would pick him apart. You can't beat elite fighters with just heart all the time. He needs to step it up in the defense department before i could even consider him beating floyd.Would hatton hit floyd?Yes but if collazo hit him over 200 times how many times do you think mayweathers gonna catch him.

Thread Information