Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

in my gym we have 2 seperate groups begginers and advanced, im in the begginers since i have been training for only 4 months, anyways i spar people from the begginers and most of the time the people my weight dont turn up or i dont get to spar them, my trainers say i am progressing rapidly, saying stuff like i look lyk a person whos been training in boxing for years (i have been studying it for along time) anyways 2 of the trainers thought they wanna get people over from the advance group to spar me, and these guys are like animals, they are all and i mean ALL even the kids are built with solid physiques, i've seen sum of them spar and they mostly use their jabs and their jabs are f..ukin sharp and lightning fast, im worried if i spar one of them i might get a brocken nose or get knocked out and most of them have been training for years.

what should i do, i dont mind sparring them i want to see how far i've come and what advice can you give to me?

and oh yeh there is this one other problem i have in sparring is that i get cornered or end up on the ropes!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

Go for it! Just give it a shot. Your trainer should pull you out if you start getting too banged up and he wouldnt put you in that position if he didnt think you could handle it. Just relax and use your jab because everything else builds off of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as getting cornered or ending up on the ropes, use your footwork, obviously. Also, dont be afraid to plant your feet and unload a few heavy shots. It will make them respect you a bit more, and hopefully have them stop moving you around so aggressively. If they come inside, dont be too afraid to clinch, but otherwise, just get out of their as quickly as you can. Throw a few jabs or a 1-2 while circling out of there.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by R E L E N T L E S S
    in my gym we have 2 seperate groups begginers and advanced, im in the begginers since i have been training for only 4 months, anyways i spar people from the begginers and most of the time the people my weight dont turn up or i dont get to spar them, my trainers say i am progressing rapidly, saying stuff like i look lyk a person whos been training in boxing for years (i have been studying it for along time) anyways 2 of the trainers thought they wanna get people over from the advance group to spar me, and these guys are like animals, they are all and i mean ALL even the kids are built with solid physiques, i've seen sum of them spar and they mostly use their jabs and their jabs are f..ukin sharp and lightning fast, im worried if i spar one of them i might get a brocken nose or get knocked out and most of them have been training for years.

what should i do, i dont mind sparring them i want to see how far i've come and what advice can you give to me?

and oh yeh there is this one other problem i have in sparring is that i get cornered or end up on the ropes!?
    sparring people better than you is the best thing for you. When their firing their fast jabs youre going to realize that you need to fire a fast jab back if you wanna land it, and guess what, you will. As far as being on the ropes you need to earn your respect when youre not on them so that they know if youre in a croner your gonna fight like an animal in one, then they wont be so quick to crowd you and not let you out....they'll see you in there and aproach you cousciously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take the centre of the ring straight away and just jab and counterpunch, dont even use your right hand until theres a decent opening. If you get onto the ropes try and counter one of thier shots and use the momentum to push away, if your in the corner then do the same, theres other things you can do like sort of half punching/half tapping their elbow, which makes them turn slightly letting you escape (its really hard to explain how to do). Best bet is not to let them cut you down and get you into the corner/ropes.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont worry about it,do you trust the coach.If its a good gym where common sence prevails there should not be a problem,theylle put you in to move the good fighter round. he should just touch you,and move to give you confidence.Its easier than sparring a novice.Ill always remember telling this F/weight one day he was sparring with Roberto Duran,He shit himself but asked later if he could spar again, He loved it said he,d learned so much.Duran had nothing to prove,thats how it should be.If you get beatup change gyms its no good
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Dont worry about it,do you trust the coach.If its a good gym where common sence prevails there should not be a problem,theylle put you in to move the good fighter round. he should just touch you,and move to give you confidence.Its easier than sparring a novice.Ill always remember telling this F/weight one day he was sparring with Roberto Duran,He S*** himself but asked later if he could spar again, He loved it said he,d learned so much.Duran had nothing to prove,thats how it should be.If you get beatup change gyms its no good
    thats true they'll work with you if they know youre not on their level but there also not gonna treat you like a baby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think their conditioning is gonna play a big factor, im not gonna be able toget them to back up or anything

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well it will be a good time to work on defensive skills then, wont it
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Well it will be a good time to work on defensive skills then, wont it
    hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was wondering, I thought when you have had a lot of posts like RELENTLESS does with all the gloves and almost 500 posts, I thought that meant you know, you have been boxing for a while. Because it takes a while to get to 500 posts wouldnt it? And hes just now talking about sparring? Im not trying to put down anybody, I just thought having that many posts would mean you were pretty big into boxing and youve been doing it for a while and hes been doing it for four months. Hes not the only one either, some other guy with like 3000 posts was asking what a crunch/sit up is. I was just a little confused on this. And again, Im not trying to put anybody down, just curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lightweight563
    I was wondering, I thought when you have had a lot of posts like RELENTLESS does with all the gloves and almost 500 posts, I thought that meant you know, you have been boxing for a while. Because it takes a while to get to 500 posts wouldnt it? And hes just now talking about sparring? Im not trying to put down anybody, I just thought having that many posts would mean you were pretty big into boxing and youve been doing it for a while and hes been doing it for four months. Hes not the only one either, some other guy with like 3000 posts was asking what a crunch/sit up is. I was just a little confused on this. And again, Im not trying to put anybody down, just curious.
    Most on this forum have not had the opportunity to be in an actually boxing gym. Either taking it up late or due to the area they live in. I would say that most are like me and are on here to have the opportunity to talk boxing. I personally live in an area that to my knowledge doesnt have a boxing gym. The closest one is one hour away. I am a big fan of boxing but just have not had the opportunity to participate. So I try to stay away from posting in the "Ask the trainer" section. Unless it is something like this that I feel like I can answer without looking like to much of an idiot.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh ok I get it now, Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Thread Information