Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default There has to be a rematch!!

There has got to be if i was Hatton id take 4 weeks off get into training for a quick rematch in maybe September, Collazo deserves it for me he won the fight, but i read he wants the fight in Manchester? I wouldnt advise that, but there is defintly unfinished business to be sorted out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: There has to be a rematch!!

skel i think fighting collazo would be a step back and besides keep ricky away from southpaws especially ones with a reach advantage to one collazo had over ricky! what i woul like to see is collazo fight another big name and see what happens and maybe further down the line there unfinished business can be settled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    There has got to be if i was Hatton id take 4 weeks off get into training for a quick rematch in maybe September, Collazo deserves it for me he won the fight, but i read he wants the fight in Manchester? I wouldnt advise that, but there is defintly unfinished business to be sorted out.
    I would like a rematch too and also think that Coll deserves it, but boxing is boxing. Sturm also deserved a rematch against ODLH but didnt get it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sturm and De La Hoya was different because it was Oscar I guess. Ricky is no Golden Boy and needs to show us,the fans,that he can handle it @ 147. Just like people wanted to see a rematch between Floyd and JLC,the same principle applies here. Floyd did the right thing and won comfortably,shutting up all his critics,I want to see Ricky do the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by addy83
    skel i think fighting collazo would be a step back and besides keep ricky away from southpaws especially ones with a reach advantage to one collazo had over ricky! what i woul like to see is collazo fight another big name and see what happens and maybe further down the line there unfinished business can be settled
    Personally...I think that a rematch would be the best option for Hatton...who else is there that's ready for a match with him?

Not any of the cat's that are in the mix right now & Collazo does indeed deserve a rematch...but again...politics & bodies at work probably won't allow that.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way Collazo won that mate
    Watch it again ,Hatton won it no doubt at all.
    Close but the 8/10 scraped it for him
    F*ck Collazo anyway,Hatton should move onwards and well....Downwards (in weight at least)
    Collazo again would be a step backwards at this stage of his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He probably deserves a rematch but i dont think ricky should take it.
    onto to bigger and better now.
    He left his country to fight a very tough under rated tricky south paw
    more than PBF has done

So give it a rest haters!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there should be a rematch cos collazo deserves one cos of it being such a close fight. and also that fight will always be a shadow over ricky's career with blind people saying he lost the fight. hatton should have a rematch and do it properly next time. knock the guy out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    there should be a rematch cos collazo deserves one cos of it being such a close fight. and also that fight will always be a shadow over ricky's career with blind people saying he lost the fight. hatton should have a rematch and do it properly next time. knock the guy out.
    Thats what im thinking JBirdy it casts a shadow over Ricky, he needs to get him in there again and do a proper job on him this time, and Smash i had it one up for Collazo, maybe Hatton won it but when i watched the fight i judged it one point to Collazo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i definately think he should give him a rematch. it would be in big demand now aswell. it pisses me off cos i and most others know ricky is capable of so much better than saturday night. and i would love for him to do it properly next time and put this close fight behind him. but he still won on a bad night.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right, I've just watched the fight and although this has been done enuff, I want to now put my 2 penneth in and have made the following observations

1 Hatton wasn't as bad as a lot of people have been saying
    2 Collazo was a lot better than I expected
    3 Hatton won the fight

I always score objectively and watched this fight firstly on mute and secondly with the HBO? commentary, and whilst it was close, I cannot make a case for Collazo winning the fight

1 10-8 Hatton
    2 Collazo
    3 Hatton
    4 Hatton
    5 Collazo
    6 Collazo
    7 Hatton
    8 Hatton
    9 Hatton
    10 Collazo
    11 Hatton
    12 Collazo

115-112 Hatton (could be 114-113 if round 4 was switched) scored without bias.

Whatever, it was very close and Collazo definitely deserves a rematch.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Right, I've just watched the fight and although this has been done enuff, I want to now put my 2 penneth in and have made the following observations

3 Hatton won the fight

I always score objectively and watched this fight firstly on mute and secondly with the HBO? commentary, and whilst it was close, I cannot make a case for Collazo winning the fight

1 10-8 Hatton
    2 Collazo
    3 Hatton
    4 Hatton
    5 Collazo
    6 Collazo
    7 Hatton
    8 Hatton
    9 Hatton
    10 Collazo
    11 Hatton
    12 Collazo

I actually thought Hatton won the second round as well. It seems that everyone on HBO were unanimous in giving the round to Collazo but to me Hatton won it clearly, Collazo was all over the place for the first minute, tripping over and generally looking out of his depth. He recovered well but he got caught with a big punch at the end of the round as well so I'd say it was a definite round for Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup

No way Collazo won that mate
    Watch it again ,Hatton won it no doubt at all.
    Close but the 8/10 scraped it for him
    F*ck Collazo anyway,Hatton should move onwards and well....Downwards (in weight at least)
    Collazo again would be a step backwards at this stage of his career.
    The words of a scared Hatton fan echo the forum

You don't want a rematch because you're worried about Collazo doing better and Hatton not

But Hatton already said he'd give Collazo a rematch but after watching the 12th round I doubt he will. But you say he is a hitman of his word, so we shall see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it a draw, and i'm the biggest Hatton fan out there....
    shit man, why can't things ever be straight forward for the Hitman....sucks

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H

3 Hatton won the fight

1 10-8 Hatton
    2 Collazo
    3 Hatton
    4 Hatton
    5 Collazo
    6 Collazo
    7 Hatton
    8 Hatton
    9 Hatton
    10 Collazo
    11 Hatton
    12 Collazo

I actually thought Hatton won the second round as well. It seems that everyone on HBO were unanimous in giving the round to Collazo but to me Hatton won it clearly, Collazo was all over the place for the first minute, tripping over and generally looking out of his depth. He recovered well but he got caught with a big punch at the end of the round as well so I'd say it was a definite round for Hatton.
    To be honest the 2nd round was the other round I was not sure of, and when I watched the fight first time I gave it to Hatton, but 2nd and 3rd times I thought it was pretty even or maybe just gave the edge to Collazo. But I think every round apart from 2 & 4 was quite easy to score.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Thread Information