Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: calzaghe

So what I guess this all boils down to is Calzaghe still doesn't have an opponent yet. When the hell are going to find out this is getting ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: calzaghe

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by dumdane
    Wacko, maybe Kessler DID prize himself out. I'm just wondering what kinda source you have to say with such certainty that Kessler prized himself out.
    I've read the article from a few days ago, where a columnist spoke about this. But as i recall he was giving no sources or anything. He also refered to Kessler having done the same thing with Lacy last fall - and there's definitely another side of that story that's much less flattering to the Lacy camp.
    Never heard that regarding Lacy last fall.

Now i'm aware i may be one-eyed in my support of Kessler. But i'm really wondering if this "new story" (of Kessler outpricing himself) is anything but a convenient claim by Warren - or even just the speculations of the columnist.
    This aint really a new story.

From what I have read & what direction that I was lead in from someone that is a very reliable source...he did price himself outta the Calzaghe spot...or...if you don't want to be harsh about it...let's say that Team Palle didn't except Calzaghe's offer.

It's not just some claim by Warren...his own camp refused the offer...at that time.

Thing is Calzaghe has shown no intention of wanting to fight Kessler at this time at all (whereas Kessler has been outspoken about wanting to fight Calzaghe). In fact the few times Calzaghe has mentioned Kessler. He's rather directly said that at this time they aren't even considering fighting Kessler.
    Calzaghe's camp did make an offer prior to the Lacy bout which was turned down. After the Lacy bout Beyer was then made a hefty offer which he too turned down. Kessler's people made a lot of smoke regarding the previous offer that was balked on.

As of the plans for Kessler right now...nope...I don't think that it'll happen...& that's a good thing for Kess.

So i'm just curious if you've got some insider information that makes you so sure that Kessler's demands are too much.
    So if you have some information that i should know to make up an informed opinion about this matter - please share.
    The only information I have is what I have gained through my efforts to secure some air time with Kessler & what I have read from both sides of the Kessler & Calzaghe camps.

"Overpriced himself" ..

For how many years haven't we heard that excuse.

Why is it that calzaghe has never given Kessler an offer when he has given many inferior fighters offers? Lately he even gave Beyer another offer.

I think the answer is pretty straightforward... Joe isn't too keen on fighting Kessler
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Thread Information