19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scott Harrison's Treatment by the Press and some fan's a like

Quote Originally Posted by Clydey_2_Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    I'm kind of glad Guzman didn't fight him now, because Guzman would stil be waiting for the fight. Would have been a one sided affair anyway
    Guzman pulled out because he couldn't make weight. It had nothing to do with Harrison.

And it would have been anything but one-sided. Guzman simply doesn't hit as hard at feather and super feather. His workrate is appaling also. It would be a close fight
    Actually I thought Harrison pulled out because of tooth ache?

Anyway he is an overratted bum. He'll be stopped by any decent world champion. Never mind he can go back to fighting bare knuckle against other drunken Scottish layabouts.

(Noy an insult at Scotsman just drunken layabout ones :P)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Clydey_2_Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    I'm kind of glad Guzman didn't fight him now, because Guzman would stil be waiting for the fight. Would have been a one sided affair anyway
    Guzman pulled out because he couldn't make weight. It had nothing to do with Harrison.

And it would have been anything but one-sided. Guzman simply doesn't hit as hard at feather and super feather. His workrate is appaling also. It would be a close fight
    Actually I thought Harrison pulled out because of tooth ache?

Anyway he is an overratted bum. He'll be stopped by any decent world champion. Never mind he can go back to fighting bare knuckle against other drunken Scottish layabouts.

(Noy an insult at Scotsman just drunken layabout ones :P)
    No, the fight was postponed because of toothace and pushed back. Guzman pulled out because he couldn't make the weight. He didn't even make super feather, nevermind feather. His excuses were nonsense. He simply couldn't make the weight or wasn't willing to work hard enough to make it.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never liked Harrison, never will. The only time Ive had any kind of dealing with him was the Guzman press conference, for me he behaved like a brat, he treated every question as if it were a personal attack and failed to show Guzman's manager Steve Marley a shred of common courtesy, its one thing to be all business and straight to the point, but another to be plain rude. Regarding his latest incidents I haven't been around for a while so cant comment on it nor the press reaction, but its no surprise if the boot does go in, does he not bring it on himself every time?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Never liked Harrison, never will. The only time Ive had any kind of dealing with him was the Guzman press conference, for me he behaved like a brat, he treated every question as if it were a personal attack and failed to show Guzman's manager Steve Marley a shred of common courtesy, its one thing to be all business and straight to the point, but another to be plain rude. Regarding his latest incidents I haven't been around for a while so cant comment on it nor the press reaction, but its no surprise if the boot does go in, does he not bring it on himself every time?
    He does, yeah. He's far too confrontational and just lacks any people skills really. He's a bit caveman

I remember interviewing him and simply saying he didn't look at his best. He took it very personally and immediately went on the defensive. A part of me didn't want to interview him because I had a feeling it would put me off him slightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually he is in rehab and in big trouble for beating a bunch of police-- seems he was also barred from every pub he had ever been to. http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/5616854

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clydey 2 is spot on to suggest that Guzman has been making excuses for meeting Scott Harrison because he could not make the weight. The fan's who slag Scott Harrison of for the way he come's across in interviews should realise that he is a working class guy from Glasgow, who has never been trained or been prepared how to geal with interviews. You can see that he get's a wee bit embarresed my all the attention, some people can naturally deal with it because there got more natural confidence in front of the camera's. Remember one minute Scott Harrison was a joiner for Glasgow City Council on £200 p/w and the next he was a world champion on six £125,000 + a fight, it's some contrast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

looks it cools that ur defending him but he aint world class even though has a belt.
    The chap has a major problem going drinking right up to the week before a world title fight

he should avoid these situations. I thought V Polo beat him and I dontthink he would cope with the other world champs. even injin Chi would whoop his ass. he is still better than alex arthur but wouldnt say he is the best scotland has ever produced
    whats next for him

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    .............only joking !!!!
    as always!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Harrison tipped for swift return
    Manager Frank Maloney is confident that WBO featherweight champion Scott Harrison can salvage his career.
    Last week, the fighter checked into Glasgow's Priory clinic for treatment for depression and alcohol problems.

But Maloney said: "I feel better for meeting with him and I am not worried now. He wants to defend his title as soon as possible.

"He is facing up to the problems and I am just pleased that everything is okay and we can look forward with optimism."

The 28-year-old boxer has had a troubled few months and pulled out of his planned defence against against Gairy St Clair in Belfast on Saturday.

And, if the Scot does not make a hasty return to the ring, he risks being stripped of his belt.

Harrison, from Cambuslang, near Glasgow, was recently arrested following an alleged incident in a nightclub in Balloch, Dunbartonshire.

In April, he was bailed on a charge of breach of the peace, refusing to leave a licensed premises, resisting arrest and police assault. Trial was fixed for September.

Story from BBC SPORT:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/spo...ng/5005216.stm

Published: 2006/05/22 12:53:29 GMT

© BBC MMVI
    I will die at my post , on the streets or in prison

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he checked in and checked out a few hours later.

He needs to sort himself out, dump the drunken hangers on, or his career is over and will end up like Buchanan.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think there is no point in whiskying him in and out of rehab, people will only wine about it. He needs to beer man and gin and bear it, like the rest of us have to. If he keeps drinking it will only help him tequila over when he has had too much.

It is a rum do when someone gets criticised for trying to help themselves.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think there is no point in whiskying him in and out of rehab, people will only wine about it. He needs to beer man and gin and bear it, like the rest of us have to. If he keeps drinking it will only help him tequila over when he has had too much.

this guy is good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was pretty good haha

Thread Information