Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who was better ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frank Bruno or Danny Williams

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frank Bruno or Danny Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dickilad90
    Danny Williams has a lot of talent but is probably one of the most inconsistent fighters out there today. When he fought lastnite against that German fella, he caught him wit a flash knockdown in the first n den fell asleep until the fight was stopped because of a cut. Bruno vs Williams, no doubt the man who nearly had Tyson on the canvas in their first fight would dispose of Williams inside the distance. On the other hand Danny has a lot of improving to do and in the future i may change my mind.
    He'd not ben sparring (took it on 4 days notice) but I agree he did look a little switched off, even considering the lack of sparring.

El Kabong Guest

Bruno was better but I said they are about the same. Bruno had times where he under performed as did DW, usually against top notch competition but we all remember the Sinan Samil Sam incident and as yall mentioned James Smith for Bruno.

Bruno punched harder and boxed better but DW has a better chin and more heart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruno had a very, very underated jab, he outjabbed Lewis in their fight.

Frank's survival instincts were poor but he is a much better fighter than Williams, he would break him up with the jab & take him out with style. Frank beat average fighters & looked good doing it, he'd easily beat Williams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Googoogachoob
    Bruno had a very, very underated jab, he outjabbed Lewis in their fight.

Frank's survival instincts were poor but he is a much better fighter than Williams, he would break him up with the jab & take him out with style. Frank beat average fighters & looked good doing it, he'd easily beat Williams
    Im sorry but these two are not in the same league, Williams is not even european class never mind world class Franl hung wiht some decent compitiion and was quite competitive, Danny Willimas fluked his way to a world title shot by beating Mike Tyson, who might aswell of been Mike Jackson in there, and was on one of the worst one sided beatings i have seen. Danny Willimas is garbage and i reckon half of the european class fighters would beat him.

He might have good potential and he never uses it blah blah blah but the point is he is 32 and is never going to, i dont hate Danny but he will get whopped by all the major title quite easily in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also lets be honest Danny has fought two World Class operarters in Samil Sam and Vitali and was made to look like a chump, and Samil Sam is not even the elite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think bruno was vastly underrated. he had a ramrod left jab. his right hand was massive. and contrary to popular belief he wasnt chinny. the trouble was when he was tagged he would freeze. it was alwats an accumulation of punches that stopped him. I think williams would have been stopped early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A young Bruno wouldn't just beat Wiiliams IMO, he'd be world champion if he was fighting now.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im with Skel - not even in the same league!

Williams is a waste of talent imo
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A young Bruno wouldn't just beat Wiiliams IMO, he'd be world champion if he was fighting now.
    hed wipe the floor with all the current champions

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LBSCFC
    He couldn't do it THEN he couldn't have done it if he was in his prime now either.

Brewster
    Lyakhovich
    Wlad Klitschko
    Rahman
    Brock
    The Ibrigamovs

Plenty of fighters out there who would have beat him...but don't get me wrong he'd be in the top of the division but he wouldn't "wipe the floor" with the title holders (other than Valuev, he'd murder him)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    He couldn't do it THEN he couldn't have done it if he was in his prime now either.

Brewster
    Lyakhovich
    Wlad Klitschko
    Rahman
    Brock
    The Ibrigamovs

Plenty of fighters out there who would have beat him...but don't get me wrong he'd be in the top of the division but he wouldn't "wipe the floor" with the title holders (other than Valuev, he'd murder him)
    IMO only Vlad off that list would poss beat Bruno, and Bruno had a helluva punch
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He might be able to sneak an alphabet title, but the problem Frank had, was he froze in the middle/late rounds of his huge fights, it cost him against Smith, Lewis and Whitherspoon, and he tried his damnedest to blow the Williams and McCall fights, but in particular the Atomic Bull seemed determined not to win...

The only exceptions that could thrown up were the Coetzee fight, in which he got the job done real early, and Bugner, which was his finest performance IMO.

I just do not see Bruno beating a Rahman or Wlad if the bell goes for seventh round. Maybe Wlads chin could cost Klitschko and early rounds defeat, but I think Rahman is too solid to lose to the Bomber.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You never know which Danny Williams will show up, and we all know about Frank's mental problems.

The ring would be too crowded, what with all those multiple personalities crowded in there.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruno would take danny the 12 rounds to win a decision. danny has got a good heart and can take some punishment. the shots i've seen him take would KO a most other heavies. against sinan samilsam (however you spell it), tyson and kiltchiko. but bruno had more boxing skill. but to be honest both of em havent got the right mentality and have issues up stairs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is how I see it in their primes

Danny Williams Frank Bruno

Natural talent
    Speed
    Power