Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOLY SHAT!! Miguel Returns the trash talking.. Claims "Paulie is nothing!!"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default HOLY SHAT!! Miguel Returns the trash talking.. Claims "Paulie is nothing!!"

http://www.fightnews.com/freitag229.htm

WBO junior welterweight champion Miguel Cotto (26-0, 22 KOs) was unusually candid in his comments today in regard to his June 10 pay-per-view clash with unbeaten Paul Maglignaggi (21-0) at Madison Square Garden.

On Malignaggi's credentials:

This guy has done nothing. He's really nothing yet. He's taking this opportunity I'm giving him to try to sell himself, but once the fight is over he'll go right back where he came from, fighting back in the clubs in New York.

On Malignaggi's prefight trash talk:

I don't know if he can back it up or not, but I don't think he can...this is the the first time someone has had the guts to say stuff about what they're going to do to me. I just hope he has the guts to do that in the ring, to stand up and fight. If he doesn't, I'm ready to go at him for twelve rounds, and believe me, he's not going to have the stamina to run away from me for twelve rounds.

On Malignaggi's claims of breaking him down and possibly knocking him out:

I don't think he has the power nor the courage to try and knock me out. I think that's just one of the many lies he's been saying.

On Maglinaggi's motivation for his comments:

I do have to commend him for selling himself as a viable opponent for me. He's been saying a lot of stuff. He's been making up all this stuff that he's going to do to me. I think people want to see if he can really do that to me and I think that's good for the fight. I think a lot of people are going to buy the fight just to see if he really has any possibility of doing anything like that to me and I think that's good for the fight.

On the possibility of Malignaggi-friendly officials:

I'm not concerned at all. As long as I do my job, my uncle gives me the plan and we're sending him wherever he came from.

Knockout or decision?

I really don't know. All I know is I'm going to win. You can hit a home run any time and if Paulie slows down he's going to go to sleep quick.

HOLY SHAT Cotto.. a trash talker!!!! Can it be?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HOLY SHAT!! Miguel Returns the trash talking.. Claims "Paulie is nothing!!"

He's only stating the truth imo. I don't think we ever hear the name Paul Malignaggi as a threat ever again after this fight.

I like Cotto, he frustrated me in the Torres fight but I hope he does good for himself this fight.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HOLY SHAT!! Miguel Returns the trash talking.. Claims "Paulie is nothing!!"

It ain't really trash talking if it includes fact. Cotto is right, Paulie is nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cotto has kept it clean. it isn't trash talking he just reasoning with what Malignaggi said
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto gonna crush Malinaggi. Malinaggi is nothing that much is true. Too bad I won't get to see it, guess I'll have to rely on Wacko's drunken round by round anaylsis.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hulk if Malignaggi pulls the upset will you have more respect for him

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    If Malinaggi wins, LEGITIMATELY, that is the key, then I will leave the forum for 1 week, and seriously comtemplate returning. Mayorga gettin KO'd by Oscar and Malinnaggi beating a good fighter like Cotto, would be just too much for the hulkster to handle.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    If Malinaggi wins, LEGITIMATELY, that is the key, then I will leave the forum for 1 week, and seriously comtemplate returning. Mayorga gettin KO'd by Oscar and Malinnaggi beating a good fighter like Cotto, would be just too much for the hulkster to handle.
    Don't worry about that happening. Seriously, I can't envision Paulie winning.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    Neither can I. When I first heard about this match up months ago, it seemed like a joke. Malinaggi hasn't fought nobody, and is a nobody.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    Neither can I. When I first heard about this match up months ago, it seemed like a joke. Malinaggi hasn't fought nobody, and is a nobody.
    Yeah....I mean, I'm not even sure if he is a superior boxer to Cotto.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Paulie wins, I'll be the first one here to say that the fight was fixed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Cotto get Ko'ed, But he will probably win by late Ko.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

I will never respect that fuckin yankee!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really think it was trash talking either because like most others said it was fact. What has Paulie even done to deserve a shot at Cotto? I'm just pissed that there 2 decent fights on that night and there both PPV. I'm going with Cotto 6th round TKO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    It ain't really trash talking if it includes fact. Cotto is right, Paulie is nothing
    do you think the fight will go the way of the PBF-Gatti fight then A severe a** wuppin!!! or not?...
    It feels good to be back home.

Thread Information