Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ANOTHER JOKE Heavyweight Championship fight coming soon . . .

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ANOTHER JOKE Heavyweight Championship fight coming soon . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko
    Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    It is better than first glance at it, but not by much imo. They have some good fighters just not enough to make anything interesting. The promoters have to many opportunities to match their guy with some cream puff to pull some more money. The top 5 guys are good, the next five are questionable and after that there is a big drop. If the heavies had more quality depth then it would be better.
    keyword..."promoters" (and hbo , showtime , etc....) the boxers are gettng f-ed along with us fans.
    true...the fighters want to fight...it's the people that control their contracts that F*ck up boxing....that's why ODLH and B-HOP get good fights...they are their own managers/promoters.....and PBF will soon follow....King and Arum have ruined boxing and we need to get rid of them....Their like parasites/leaches or the black spec on the top of chicken sh*t.......it's still chicken sh*t....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    It is better than first glance at it, but not by much imo. They have some good fighters just not enough to make anything interesting. The promoters have to many opportunities to match their guy with some cream puff to pull some more money. The top 5 guys are good, the next five are questionable and after that there is a big drop. If the heavies had more quality depth then it would be better.
    keyword..."promoters" (and hbo , showtime , etc....) the boxers are gettng f-ed along with us fans.
    true...the fighters want to fight...it's the people that control their contracts that F*ck up boxing....that's why ODLH and B-HOP get good fights...they are their own managers/promoters.....and PBF will soon follow....King and Arum have ruined boxing and we need to get rid of them....Their like parasites/leaches or the black spec on the top of chicken sh*t.......it's still chicken sh*t....
    agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rahman
    I cant really believe this just saw at boxrec right now that Kevin McBride is the next rival for WBO Heavyweight Champion Serguei Lyakhovich . . .

I cant really believe how happens fights like this . . . How come Mcbride get a fight for championship without to make a elemation fight ? ? ?

The Beck 1 was a joke too how he came to a world championship fight . . . Some1 gave him the biggest gift at life time and he lost of course because u notting to to come to a championship fight . . .

I understand come Maskaev came to the championship fight VS Rahman . . . Sinan Samil Sam and Oleg Maskaev got the elemation fight for the championship and then made a hard fight and Maskaev beat hardly and won VS Samil Sam or Wladimir Klitchko beat hardly Samuel Peter and tehn got the championship fight VS Byrd . . .

But Beck and McBride is a joke really how became they the championship fight so easly without to box any1...

See here its looks very offcial to happen : http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=007386
    Well what do you expect?....the hw division is in shambles....Hopefully in the next couple of championship fights will be champ vs champ....after this McBride fiasco......I pray...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know how many americans are on, but I want to give you a perspective from this side of the pond...

Lewis quit just when they thought the Great White Hope ( to coin a 1900's phrase) was going to triumph, so it was a bittersweet victory over Corrie Sanders, who happens to be another 'instantly pushed up' Heavy... I don't care if he beat Klitschko!

(Monte Barret was the only journeyman to earn his way into the top ten, and he disappeared after the Rahman fight. Maybe all he wanted was the payday...)

Also, because Lewis was once undisputed, and left as linear champ with two belts, we never did see two top tens fight each other.

I don't know how apparent this is, but we are experiencing a hostile takeover of boxing in America.

I agree that both King and Arum have and still are doing their share of dirt, but you have to keep it in perspective...

Don King is the greatest promoter in the history of the sport--BAR NONE. His list of superfights outnumber any other promoter's full list of fights. He makes it happen regarldless.
    (Check the record books; the coaches with the most wins are usually the ones with the most losses...)

We do not see any foreign boxing that does not come from Frank Warren or US broadcast in another country. Our top ten rankings are controlled by the promoters, and as was said in the Valuev post, so many people are avoiding any true competition. Clearly, boxing is no longer about being the best, it's about being the best promoted.

As I consider myself to be a purist (90 year video library and a vast knowledge of the sport and the business), I would like to think spend my time talking about the people who really are making a move in boxing. Flaws... yes. Ali threw less than 1000 body shots his whole career; that's a flaw. But I would like to see Liakovich go against Brock or Peter. Even Toney.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wvlad Klitscko is quite clearly the superior heavyweight out there. They can try and build up a Brewster rematch to make that an event . Rahmans rep is on the mend and Toney is always an interesting character . . . now im really begining to struggle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The whole heavy weight division is a joke. Everybody in the division is to badly flawed.

BOXING is badly flawed. not just HW. the HW division isnt such a joke as some might think. its actually starting to come together. (get rid of the don kings, etc,,,,) youll see. dont lose faith.
    I said it time and time again THE HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION HAS ALWAYS BEEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE THE MOST CORRUPT DIVISION IN BOXING HISTORY!!!!!!! I could care less have them make there bullshit matches and handpicked opponents FUK EM ALL!!!!! I would rather watch the

PBF
    TAYLOR
    WRIGHT
    ODLH
    COTTO
    CALZAGHE
    LACY
    HATTON
    CASTILLO
    CORRALLES
    ETC........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    The whole heavy weight division is a joke. Everybody in the division is to badly flawed.

BOXING is badly flawed. not just HW. the HW division isnt such a joke as some might think. its actually starting to come together. (get rid of the don kings, etc,,,,) youll see. dont lose faith.
    I said it time and time again THE HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION HAS ALWAYS BEEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE THE MOST CORRUPT DIVISION IN BOXING HISTORY!!!!!!! I could care less have them make there bullshit matches and handpicked opponents FUK EM ALL!!!!! I would rather watch the

PBF
    TAYLOR
    WRIGHT
    ODLH
    COTTO
    CALZAGHE
    LACY
    HATTON
    CASTILLO
    CORRALLES
    ETC........
    Whys castillo still on your list, he fucked up badly....you should suspend him from your list
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrock

PBF
    TAYLOR
    WRIGHT
    ODLH
    COTTO
    CALZAGHE
    LACY
    HATTON
    CASTILLO
    CORRALLES
    ETC........
    Whys castillo still on your list, he fucked up badly....you should suspend him from your list
    1ST off that should tell you how much I think the heavies are terribly mismanaged and promoted and 2nd what Castillo did has nothing to do with his entertainment value...Thats the point here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this thread is missing the most important point of all...promoters are booking these fights because they sell, plain and simple...it's about the money and as long as the "fans" are willing to pay people will keep promoting fights...Professional promoters have learned a lot lately from the world of professional wrestling and are applying those same principles to the world of pro boxing...and people are buying this junk as fast as its produced...the Eastern European influence over the past 10 years has been a gold mine for promoters, these people will buy anything that can be construed to represent their country against the world or more specifically against the US...so what the hardcore boxing fan gets is a watered down, multi-title mess of mediocre fighters, especially at heavyweight which is more of an event than a fight anyway...Basically it's going to take a while until these new and casual fans become educated enough in the sport and make smart decisions on what fights to pay for...to the promoters its all about the marketability which equals $$$ and until fans demand real and meaningful fights we will continue to get this slop...

Believe it or not writing emails/letters to the broadcasters HBO, Showtime, etc. goes a long way in determining what direction events can go...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The hw division is poor at the moment it shows how bad it is if people like Mcbride can get a shot he has'nt fought any1 in the top 20 only a old Tyson.Any of the champions will ko him!

El Kabong Guest

Jesus must I explain things again.

Anyone who thinks the heavyweight division is totally void of talent is a fucking idiot!

There is talent out there and there are exciting fights to be made, however, for one reason or another (mainly promoters and the fact that the division is more international than ever make it hard to make fights). Face facts people, promoters and managers want to protect their investment and fighters want to thrill their hometown crowds and also not get jobbed out of victory somewhere else.

The fights are there, we'll see better fights just be patient...it's not like EVERY heavyweight fight in the 60's-70's or early to mid 90's was a Ali-Frazier or Bowe-Holyfield. People are revising history when they say that shit...and here are some examples

1966 Ali-Cleveland Williams
    1966 Ali-Brian London
    1967 Buster Mathis- Gerry de Bruyn
    1974 Ron Lyle-Memphis Al Jones

People don't think about the old BORING or MEANINGLESS fights, they only see the good fights when they look back in time.

What's the matter? Is Brock-Timor Ibragimov not a step in the right direction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Promoter
    I think this thread is missing the most important point of all...promoters are booking these fights because they sell, plain and simple...it's about the money and as long as the "fans" are willing to pay people will keep promoting fights...Professional promoters have learned a lot lately from the world of professional wrestling and are applying those same principles to the world of pro boxing...and people are buying this junk as fast as its produced...the Eastern European influence over the past 10 years has been a gold mine for promoters, these people will buy anything that can be construed to represent their country against the world or more specifically against the US...so what the hardcore boxing fan gets is a watered down, multi-title mess of mediocre fighters, especially at heavyweight which is more of an event than a fight anyway...Basically it's going to take a while until these new and casual fans become educated enough in the sport and make smart decisions on what fights to pay for...to the promoters its all about the marketability which equals $$$ and until fans demand real and meaningful fights we will continue to get this slop...

Believe it or not writing emails/letters to the broadcasters HBO, Showtime, etc. goes a long way in determining what direction events can go...
    I don't think so...I didn't see the Tyson/Mcbride fight...I didn't watch this last Valuev fight...never seen him fight actually...watched the Liakovich/Brewster fight....watched the Wvlad /Byrd, didn't watch Rahman/toney...true fans stay away from the crap fights...just like I won't watch the next Mcbride fight...or Ruiz, Toney, Beck.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think so...I didn't see the Tyson/Mcbride fight...I didn't watch this last Valuev fight...never seen him fight actually...watched the Liakovich/Brewster fight....watched the Wvlad /Byrd, didn't watch Rahman/toney...true fans stay away from the crap fights...just like I won't watch the next Mcbride fight...or Ruiz, Toney, Beck.....
    [/quote]or Rahman...or harrison..or williams....or mccall...or holyfield..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    .I didn't watch this last Valuev fight...never seen him fight actually...
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Interesting anyway.

McBride is like a bar brawler in fancy mittens. He's the very best of the best of mediocre club-fighter heavyweights.

Best era in heavyweight boxing in my opinion is from 1919 to 1945. Max Schmelling, Joes Louis, Jack Dempsey, Maxie Baer, even the Cinderalla Man Jim Braddock, it was a time of legendary fights and fighters.

Thread Information