Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS!!! Mayweather Senior is training Oscar to demolish Floyd!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BREAKING NEWS!!! Mayweather Senior is training Oscar to demolish Floyd!

Mayweather Sr told The Grand Rapids Press in regards to training Oscar to beat his Son: "I was trying to be a father by not going through with this thing. I hate to do it, I don't want it to happen, and I never wanted it to get this far. But I'll tell you something, if Oscar talks to me now about fighting my son, and if he comes up with the right digits for me, to where I'm comfortable with it, the fight is on."

"That's something I don't want to do. I've been trying to avoid it. But mark my words, my son would get hurt. Oscar may take a few punches, but Floyd is going to get stopped in the fight, because I'm going to make it happen. It's 12 rounds. At some point, he's going to get hit. And if he gets hit and hurt, the fight is over."

"I taught my son everything he knows, but I didn't teach him everything I know. I'm the one who created the style, I'm the one who can break the style. I know just how to open it up, believe me. That's what the fight would come down to, whether I can break the style. And if I have to show you, and if Oscar puts the right money on the table, I grant you it will be broken.""

Mayweather Sr. change of heart came last week at his mother's home, when his son showed up by chance. but his Son declined to enter the House when he found out his Father was inside.

Mayweather Sr. wants 2 Million to help Oscar defeat his son. He is predictiong his son will get knocked-out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Mayweather Senior is training Oscar to demolish Floyd!

Posted this earlier and hopefully you get more responses

But I wonder if everyone thinks I'm still crazy and watching too many kung fu movies when I said what I said about Floyd and his "style"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Mayweather Senior is training Oscar to demolish Floyd!

Quote Originally Posted by Starr

But I wonder if everyone thinks I'm still crazy and watching too many kung fu movies when I said what I said about Floyd and his "style"
    money makes fights and the fight is between ODLH-PBF.....I would pay $49.99 to see this no prob...put that toward PBF SR's fee....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i tell ya what...
    Floyd senior did not create the shoulder roll, the guy is chattin outta his ass!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No but he taught Floyd everything Floyd knows, but not everything Floyd Sr knows It's like what I said about the teacher and the student but everyone said I was crazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No but he taught Floyd everything Floyd knows, but not everything Floyd Sr knows It's like what I said about the teacher and the student but everyone said I was crazy
    kung fu movies?
    Have I missed out something?

but anyways, who do u think is gonna win now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How sorry do you feel for Mayweather Sr.? His son stiffs him for his uncle, and then is going to beat his best fighter. Dad's gonna need therapy after September

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    kung fu movies?

I said that Floyd Sr. gave Mayweather his style and taught it to him, but that there were also flaws in his style that Floyd Sr knew were there and would exploit if he ever trained a fighter to beat him. And everyone said that the fatal flaw thing that a master teaches the student is only in kung fu flicks

Anyway if Delahoya is trained by Floyd Sr then Delahoya is going to win. Anyone else and Floyd will win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ImRipped
    How sorry do you feel for Mayweather Sr.? His son stiffs him for his uncle, and then is going to beat his best fighter. Dad's gonna need therapy after September
    It's going to be twice as hard on Floyd sr. because this will also be Oscar's last fight, so you've got your brother celebrating with your son in his greatest victory, and your meal ticket just retired. Not a pleasant situation.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    kung fu movies?

I said that Floyd Sr. gave Mayweather his style and taught it to him, but that there were also flaws in his style that Floyd Sr knew were there and would exploit if he ever trained a fighter to beat him. And everyone said that the fatal flaw thing that a master teaches the student is only in kung fu flicks

Anyway if Delahoya is trained by Floyd Sr then Delahoya is going to win. Anyone else and Floyd will win.
    Totally disagree... Even if there was something Floyd Sr. had left out or tried to make some weakness, obviously Floyd would have realized what it was and corrected that years ago through sparring partners fights and his uncle being his trainer now... Plus Floyd is in his prime, he's younger than DLH, he's faster, slicker, with better defense... For christ sake you picked Mayorga to beat DLH. Prime for prime at welter I would pick Oscar hands down, he was that good. But now I don't think he'll win, though he is by far the toughest opponent for Floyd anywhere near his weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This may be PBF best chance to lose that L on his record. IF Floyd Sr. can really teach ODLH how to exploit his son the PBF could be in for some trouble. Of course it has been a few since Sr. was PBF trainer so Uncle Roger could have put in some new tricks.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Floyd will retire undefeated, but his L won't come from Oscar. Floyd brings it to the mega fights. I think he'll get caught slipping some time in the future with a tune up that he overlooks. Angelo Dundee couldn't save Oscar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its boxing,not gladiator sports. both mayweather sr and mayweather jr should be thanking ODH that they will be making enough money on this fight to retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just because you know about something doesn't neccesarily mean you can stop it. I mean Princeton's basketball team is a master of the backdoor play and many opponents know about it and have tried to stop it but they haven't been able to. I doubt his father has taught him everything he knows though, I mean he probably taught him alot he knows but not everything. I mean some knowledge can only be gained by being in the ring and learning what works for you. Beyond that, Floyd has other strengths than the shoulder roll. Just getting by that doesn't guarantee Oscar will win the fight. Floyd Mayweather is fast and Oscar is going to have to chase him all night. Plus Floyd Sr. could be doing Oscar a disservice if he prepares him by for breaking down the shoulder roll, because Floyd Jr. could use that to his advantage and spring a trap for Oscar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me say this one old cliche...

MONEY TALKS & BULLSHIT WALKS!

Oscar's got the cash & he'd love to go out with on of the biggest PPV gates in history & you know that there would be a possibility of this getting to the #2 slot.

This fight should happen.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information