Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Oliver McCall on his way back up.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oliver McCall on his way back up.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=7228&more=1

.06.06 - With a knockout punch, steel chin, newfound determination and a rock-solid promotional team, Oliver ‘The Atomic Bull’ McCall, who is currently being promoted by Warriors Boxing and Chris Webb Promotions, is ready, willing, and able to make a run at regaining his Heavyweight Championship and giving the division a much needed injection of life and personality..

“Today’s Heavyweight division makes me sick, and I’m the one who is going to bring the luster back to what used to be the most prestigious title in sports,” said McCall. “No one has the tools I do in the ring, and now I’ve got the muscle outside the ring as well to get me back to the Championship.”

“I would like to thank the WBC and my new promoters for recognizing my potential. Right now I have the peace of mind and strong self confidence. I am ready to fight any Heavyweight in the world,” says McCall.

McCall, is the proud owner of a 46-8 record that includes 33 knockouts, the WBC Heavyweight Championship, and wins over Lennox Lewis, Larry Holmes, and Oleg Maskaev. Currently riding a six fight unbeaten streak, the Chicago native has only lost once (via a disputed decision to DaVarryl Williamson) in the last nine years, a run few, if any, fighters can match.

Chris Webb states, “I am honored to be a part of Oliver’s comeback. Everyone knows that when Oliver stays focused he has the ability to beat anyone in the world.”

“Bringing Oliver McCall on board is an exciting development for us at Warriors Boxing,” said Leon Margules. “Oliver can punch, can take a punch, and he has Championship-level experience. All he needs now is the opportunity to face one of the world champions, and that’s what we’re planning as we speak.”

“I’ve always felt that Oliver McCall was one of boxing’s most underrated fighters and that we’ve never truly seen the best of him” said Chris Webb of Chris Webb Promotions. “Well, I’ve seen him in the gym over the last few weeks, and he’s not only looking better than ever, but he has a steely determination to win another world title. Heavyweights, watch out – ‘The Atomic Bull’ is coming for you.”

McCall, who scored a third round TKO win over Wallace McDaniel in his last bout on May 27, will return to the ring at a date and site to be announced shortly.

For more information on Warriors Boxing, please visit www.warriorsboxing.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oliver McCall on his way back up.

on his way up to get knocked down...or OUT...Wlad has his # as well....he might beat some in the top 20 or so..but I think his best days are behind him....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that must be a very old article... Because he lost to Juan Carlos Gomez by UD last year, he's not riding any streak I dont think he's fought since and he was also recently arrested for running around some housing complex on crack, and it took 5 cops to restrain him, apparently. Yep, he should be quite the saviour .... One hell of a chin he had though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    I think that must be a very old article... Because he lost to Juan Carlos Gomez by UD last year, he's not riding any streak I dont think he's fought since and he was also recently arrested for running around some housing complex on crack, and it took 5 cops to restrain him, apparently. Yep, he should be quite the saviour .... One hell of a chin he had though.
    Nope that fight against Juan Carlos Gomez was a No contest and he TKO'd some Ham and Egger last week...If he gets his shite together he could probably ruin either Rahmans day or even Valuev...But thats a BIG IF!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not quite sure if McCall is champ material but boy what a chin!

Thread Information