Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wow...2 Months Changes EVERYTHING

At 140/147. I mean, think way back to immediately after Mayweather - Judah. All you could hear about is Mayweather - Hatton or Mayweather - Margarito and everyone was naysaying Mayweather - De La Hoya. Fast forward to DLH - Mayorga and all of the sudden Mayweather would be outmanned and overpowered by that matchup and it sits well with almost everyone. Then Hatton squeeks by Collazo and Hatton needs to fight the Castillo/Corrales winer because 147 doesn't suit him well. Then that fight is canceled and Castillo is shamed. Cotto ends up beating Malignaggi and Hatton - Cotto is the hot fight. Once again Margarito is left out of the mix But so are Collazo, Judah and Castillo.

Just an observation at how much the welterweight landscape has changed, it all started with Judah losing to Baldomir. 140/147 is definiely the most everchanging division is boxing.

Your thoughts?

I'll admit that I was caught up in all of these matchups except PBF - DLH. That fight doesn't do it for me nearly as much as PBF - Hatton or PBF - Margarito. But now I want Hatton - Cotto. You have to feel bad for Margarito though, other then just not thinking that it's to signifigant of a fight, I hope DLH retires so Tony can get his chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wow...2 Months Changes EVERYTHING

You forgot the Heavyweight division, and what just happened with Hopkins, wait one more week and the middleweights will get interesting or dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    You forgot the Heavyweight division, and what just happened with Hopkins, wait one more week and the middleweights will get interesting or dead.
    Wait for a week and we will have NEW MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But what would that do? ok if Winky wins then what? midleweight will be booooooring, who's still there?

but I Igree the 140/147 is the hot wight for the moment. about the HW is boring as it is I'll that that Vladimir is at the moment the top HW and I also think I think that hi will kill Toney
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    But what would that do? ok if Winky wins then what? midleweight will be booooooring, who's still there?

but I Igree the 140/147 is the hot wight for the moment. about the HW is boring as it is I'll that that Vladimir is at the moment the top HW and I also think I think that hi will kill Toney
    Agreed on that JFAT would be KTFO by Wlad,Winky will win next week and thats going to tell as that JT need to thanks judges for decisions over B-HOP. Winky win is not going to do nothing serious in Middleweight devision but he could go and fight Joe or B-HOP if he decided not to retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll admit that I was caught up in all of these matchups except PBF - DLH. That fight doesn't do it for me nearly as much as PBF - Hatton or PBF - Margarito. But now I want Hatton - Cotto. You have to feel bad for Margarito though, other then just not thinking that it's to signifigant of a fight, I hope DLH retires so Tony can get his chance.
    [/quote]wow...the most intriguing matchup to me is the ODLH-PBF fight....Hatton bores me and until he gives Collazo a rematch I will not watch another of his fights....Cotto-Margarito would be a good sell..... it is an exciting division...but in about 4 more months the Hw division should be putting the pieces together to unify that division....it should be interesting....Boxing is getting exciting again..... now if only we could get rid of King and Arum....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu

now if only we could get rid of King and Arum....
    heheh the king will be ODLH, hope he does a great job and not going to the Dark Side of the Force.. ooops Sport
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF will have no choice but to get into the ring with Margarito when Oscar says he does not want to fight him or even if he does want to fight him,straight after,Tony will be there.That's the one I want most,I think@147,PBF runs rings around Hatton,but now the 2 new ones for me,both at 147,are Cotto-Hatton,I'd favour Cotto and my 2 faves:Cotto-Margarito which would be a contender for fight of the year!!! I wouldn't know who to choose but could someone with a big name please please get in the ring with Antonio.Hatton doesn't want any,Judah never wanted any,PBF is procrastinating,Gatti and Baldozar don't want any sooo it's spotlight on you Miguel Cotto.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strange how the fikkle mind of a Boxing fan works...

but it just goes to show... your only as good as your last fight

Cotto - Hatton has always been a fight i'd love to see and you can still stick Mayweather in the mix with them... would be some great matchups.

but DLH proving hes far from done makes more options for Floyd....

saying that Trinidad beat Mayorga and we all saw what happened to him afterwards so maybe beating Mayorga isnt really a great benchmark to judge DLH on... the main thing he has over Mayweather is nartual weight.

all in all its a good time to be a boxing fan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally don't think the Oscar PBF fihgt will come off because Oscar delaying for so long shows he is not sure and if he takes it when he is not 100% sure,he will lose. You cannot beat PBF with that mentality and not just that but he is being a prick about it too,what happened to the decision being made on Sat?Going on an island to clear his mind? Just hurry up and make a decision man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    I personally don't think the Oscar PBF fihgt will come off because Oscar delaying for so long shows he is not sure and if he takes it when he is not 100% sure,he will lose. You cannot beat PBF with that mentality and not just that but he is being a prick about it too,what happened to the decision being made on Sat?Going on an island to clear his mind? Just hurry up and make a decision man!
    My understanding is that Oscar delayed the announcement due to financial obstacles in negotiations & it is not near finalizing yet...

plus he is the cash cow for boxing & so is able to delay the signing to bring terms more favorable to him, so I cant fault him for the delay!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    PBF will have no choice but to get into the ring with Margarito when Oscar says he does not want to fight him or even if he does want to fight him,straight after,Tony will be there.That's the one I want most,I think@147,PBF runs rings around Hatton,but now the 2 new ones for me,both at 147,are Cotto-Hatton,I'd favour Cotto and my 2 faves:Cotto-Margarito which would be a contender for fight of the year!!! I wouldn't know who to choose but could someone with a big name please please get in the ring with Antonio.Hatton doesn't want any,Judah never wanted any,PBF is procrastinating,Gatti and Baldozar don't want any sooo it's spotlight on you Miguel Cotto.
    IMO, Oscar has a much better chance of defeating Floyd than the smaller Hatton or the one-dimensional Margarito (who is now ducking Paul Williams--who has sparred alot with tono & recently called him out after impressive HBO win)!! And PBF can make way more money fight Oscar than he would MAKE COMBINED from fights with Margarito & Hatton!! So I can see why Floyd will not want to do anything lose his short-term opportunity to face Oscar, even if it means a long delay until he fights Oscar or becomes !00% convinced a fight vs Oscar is HOPELESSLY DEAD IN THE WATER!!

Plus. I've been saying all along there will be many delays & possibility even a fake retirement by Oscar to build hype for a megafight with PBF, just like Leonard did vs Hagler...on again, off again, on again!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu

wow...the most intriguing matchup to me is the ODLH-PBF fight....Hatton bores me and until he gives Collazo a rematch I will not watch another of his fights....Cotto-Margarito would be a good sell..... it is an exciting division...but in about 4 more months the Hw division should be putting the pieces together to unify that division....it should be interesting....Boxing is getting exciting again..... now if only we could get rid of King and Arum....
    [/quote]

Seriously?

Hatton, Boring?

What about Hatton-Cotto?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscars win over Mayorga proved nothing nothing nothing just confirmed what we knew about Oscar was anyone on this forum genuinely surprised?

Oscar against Mayweather ?

Try cleaning up divisions instead of fighting guys with losses galore like Judah 9 losses.

Mayweather dont have me convinced yet he aint doing anythang new .

Hatton beat the man and as far as im concerned nobodys made me go WOW WEEE this past 2 years except Ricky and Calzaghe .

Thread Information