Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default When you go running in the morning

when you get home do you go back to bed or stay up?.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When you go running in the morning

I stay up and start on my crunches.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't run first thing, I can't see the point in doing any type of intense exercise when your metabolism isn't up to it yet.

All you can really do is haul yourself on a jog... no sprints or pace at all... the qualities just not there and that's what brings about real fitness developments.

Wasted energy and rest for crap training. Amatuers don't need that type of running, the rounds and bouts aren't long enough to test the Aerobic energy system that much... focus more on Anaerobic training and some Aerobic training for good measure...

Sprints, hills, stairs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what do you think about running? not jogging but running. like half miles quarter miles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    I don't run first thing, I can't see the point in doing any type of intense exercise when your metabolism isn't up to it yet.

All you can really do is haul yourself on a jog... no sprints or pace at all... the qualities just not there and that's what brings about real fitness developments.

Wasted energy and rest for crap training. Amatuers don't need that type of running, the rounds and bouts aren't long enough to test the Aerobic energy system that much... focus more on Anaerobic training and some Aerobic training for good measure...

Sprints, hills, stairs...
    My mate who boxes runs every morning, he runs at the golf course. When he comes to hills he has to sprint and when he reaches the top he has to run backwards so hes on his toes. Since hes been doin that hes been winning.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't mean that its an idea form of running, and I doubt he's up to doing quality shuttles in the morning, running once up a hill won't do nothing, the same has tapping away at a punch bag then blasting away with 1 combination around won't do you much good...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Running in the morning helps you get your day started. It helps get the blood flowing so your blood flowing so you will have quality in your other workouts.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

your metabolism doesn't need you to go for a run to start itself up properly Vodka...

you train to stress your body so it adapts and grows, you don't train to fatigue your body and your certaintly don't train to wake your self up in the mornings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hmm this topic is interesting,

ive been jogging in the morning as well as trainin at night for the past 3 weeks and i can feel a massive differance in my fitness,

in the morning i do feel like i cba, but once im out there it wakes me up and i feel good knowing im doing it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel that your body can just get used to things such as running in the morning.

When i started running in the morning my legs felt like concrete blocks however after a few runs you can pretty much get used to anything! I often do HIIT and other interval/sprint work in the mornings before food. This means that i can also train in the night as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787
    I feel that your body can just get used to things such as running in the morning.

When i started running in the morning my legs felt like concrete blocks however after a few runs you can pretty much get used to anything! I often do HIIT and other interval/sprint work in the mornings before food. This means that i can also train in the night as well.

this shows its ok for you then, if you can feel your legs like concreate blocks its obvious it is better for you becasue you are running under a strain which then makes it better for you when you run at night because you can then feel the benifits,

i think this anyway because my pace is alot quicker at night now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Doesn't mean that its an idea form of running, and I doubt he's up to doing quality shuttles in the morning, running once up a hill won't do nothing, the same has tapping away at a punch bag then blasting away with 1 combination around won't do you much good...
    No he runs at the golf course which has a lot more then 1 hill.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787

I just can't see the point in doing HIIT with out the food to fuel it properly. fat burning, Aerbic work maybe... but thats not best suited to the Amatuers.

Snakey, just because he runs a hilly root, doesn't mean that he is doing any sort of intense sprint work on them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HIIT does burn fat, as it increases the metabolism for hours after the exercise, wheras aerobic style work will only burn fat wgile you carry out the exercise

I guess it's just what ever works for you

AC-Cobra Guest

Not discrediting you Adam but just thought. Bernard Hopkins gets up at 5 in the morning every day and starts with a run. Are you telling us Bernard has got this wrong or just that this is only applicable to pros or top level pros?

Thread Information