i ment to ask where is he? it seems like he dissapeared

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kelly Pavlik

After he beat Zuniga he had some trouble with the law. He was scheduled for another fight in January on the Erik Morales and Manny Pacquiao undercard but dropped out claiming a hurt hand. I haven't heard his name since. I'm guessing he might have some legal problems (possibly jail?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera
    After he beat Zuniga he had some trouble with the law. He was scheduled for another fight in January on the Erik Morales and Manny Pacquiao undercard but dropped out claiming a hurt hand. I haven't heard his name since. I'm guessing he might have some legal problems (possibly jail?).
    al those legal problems went away a while ago ...hes doing fine and he has had alot of hand problems earlier in his career and like we all know ,hand troubles are no joke inboxing

Calzaghe offered him a title shot only a month ago but also only offered about a 30,000 purse lol kellys words were "add a zero to that"

Kellys doing just fine but i havnt got to talk to him as much since i relocated to philly

he is still NABF middleweight champ and is in line for a title shot, possibly even the winner of Taylor-wright ....!!

but ur right for a #1 contender he is kinda unheard of lately but be patient hes only 23

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i just found out he is supposed to fight Bronco McCart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Bronco McKart fight is signed and will only happen if Jermain Taylor wins tonight, because he will fight Kelly in September or October. You can bank on that.

If Winky wins then the scenario is much different and you may see the Pavlik-McKart fight changed to a Pavlik-Soliman WBC Title fight. Why you may ask well here goes. If Winky wins he has been told by the WBC that Pavlik will be his next mandatory fight. That will not happen because Winky could have fought Pavlik back when he did not want to fight Taylor due to money. At that time the WBC told him that they would strip Taylor and then mandatory Winky against Pavlik if Taylor and Winky could not come to terms. This is a fact I even have a copy of the letter that Winky's camp wrote to the WBC to try and get Kelly moved out of the #2 spot. I will post it if you want to see it. When the WBC told him "not gonna happen" Winky all of a sudden signed with Taylor. I have posted the question to Sam Solimans manager, Stuart Duncan, and he confirms what will happen if Winky wins. He will give up the WBC belt to fight for more money against maybe Shane Mosely, Fernando Vargas or some other. I can post the conversation I had with Stuart if you would like.

Also Calzaghe did offer Pavlik a title shot at Super Middleweight for the amount means2184 stated and the other part of it was to travel to Wales. Kelly's camp told Calzaghes wher they could stick it.

I hope this clears things up for everyone and PANTERA stop hating and bringing up old BS that is dead and gone and he did hurt his hand do you need a copy of the doctors report. Edison won and is getting his title shot, great for him and you. But remember the belt he is fighting for is the lowest of the low, everyone gladly gives up the IBF belt before any other, but good luck to him in winning it Abraham is no pushover

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad Pavlik is ready to fight again. Personally I think the WBO is the weakest of all belts, but that's my opinion. Hopefully we will see the showdown of Miranda vs Pavlik somewhere down the line for some belt.

Thread Information