Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard to be a boxing fan right now...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hard to be a boxing fan right now...

Well... I'm going to have to lay off this site and any other boxing site for a few days. I cannot stand the unknowledgeable boxing fans going against the grain for... the sake of going against the grain? I have my favourite fighters, but when it comes to choosing who I think will win, and who won, it comes down to stats. I cheer for my fighter no matter what the stats say, but stats are stats and they decide the winner.

I am able to watch a fight... even one involving my favourites and be unbiased... just keeping track of the stats. How can one watch that fight and in the end say, "yep... Taylor won that." Meanwhile Taylor can only see out of one eye, got outpunched throughout the fight, and once again could be not confident in his 'win'.

Boxing... why the hell do we love it so much when it is so damn corrupt and puts us real fans in a state of disapointment more often then not? When it comes to the score cards, we aren't just left thinking about the statistics... we have to factor in future ppv buys, public image, the overall good for boxing, home-town advantage etc. It is really sad.

Go ahead Taylor lovers... call me a whiner. I would say the same if Taylor beat Winky and Winky got the decision. As much as I like any fighter, I love the sport more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hard to be a boxing fan right now...

well then, run away like winky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jman
    ahahah winky has the most dramatic fans...hey wait im a winky fan...but i think it was a good decision...it wasn't like vargas at all because that was given to vargas...and this was a draw...not a lost for winky...

IF your a real boxing fan...you'd be mad at winky for not wanting the rematch...tonights fight was great...since your so in to winky you rather just look at it as a robbery...it was winky's fualt for not winning it...he didnt' listen to his corner going into the 12 round...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by babyboNe
    Quote Originally Posted by jman
    ahahah winky has the most dramatic fans...hey wait im a winky fan...but i think it was a good decision...it wasn't like vargas at all because that was given to vargas...and this was a draw...not a lost for winky...

IF your a real boxing fan...you'd be mad at winky for not wanting the rematch...tonights fight was great...since your so in to winky you rather just look at it as a robbery...it was winky's fualt for not winning it...he didnt' listen to his corner going into the 12 round...
    I would love to see a rematch of this great fight. Jermaine said yes to winky after the fight but winky said no. so I hope guys like the one who started this thread can re-focus and put the blame where it really goes and that is on winky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your leaving will leave a gaping hole in my heart. I am saddened by saddoboxing's loss.

It was a fight. Fans didn't judge the fight, three judges did. Now if the people of this site had something to do with the outcome, I would understand your drama.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by YounGun
    Well... I'm going to have to lay off this site and any other boxing site for a few days. I cannot stand the unknowledgeable boxing fans going against the grain for... the sake of going against the grain? I have my favourite fighters, but when it comes to choosing who I think will win, and who won, it comes down to stats. I cheer for my fighter no matter what the stats say, but stats are stats and they decide the winner.

I am able to watch a fight... even one involving my favourites and be unbiased... just keeping track of the stats. How can one watch that fight and in the end say, "yep... Taylor won that." Meanwhile Taylor can only see out of one eye, got outpunched throughout the fight, and once again could be not confident in his 'win'.

Boxing... why the hell do we love it so much when it is so damn corrupt and puts us real fans in a state of disapointment more often then not? When it comes to the score cards, we aren't just left thinking about the statistics... we have to factor in future ppv buys, public image, the overall good for boxing, home-town advantage etc. It is really sad.

Go ahead Taylor lovers... call me a whiner. I would say the same if Taylor beat Winky and Winky got the decision. As much as I like any fighter, I love the sport more.
    Your laying off this site? I never knew you were even on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

on your way out we'll point and giggle at you if you don't mind...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was obviously an even fight... punchstats aside... power traded off with numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't pretend to be some massive presence like that of wacko or starr. I'm not saying that my taking a few days will punish the saddo members lol. What I am saying is as a boxing fan, it is impossible to talk sense with those that do not seem to know boxing and like to go against the common opinion for the sake of going against it. Which rounds did Taylor win? And I'd like to see all of the power shots that Taylor landed. I saw plenty of hard shots come off of Winky's gloves... and some power shots that came off of his gloves and grazed Winky... should we judge those punches on their innitial power? Or the power that was present when they actually reached Winky's face?

And I'm not a dramatic Winky fan. I admire his defense being a boxer myself. I think he is good and has worked hard to be where he is today. That being said, I'm no Taylor fan either.

I am willing to bet that the members that you would miss... the likes of wacko, starr, miles etc. will agree with my opinion on this matter.

You guys jumping to these conclusions about me shows how willing you are to make a decision regarding something you know little about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And i saw a lot of right hands landing flush on winky's face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"And i saw a lot of right hands landing flush on winky's face. "

Its been at least 5 months since I have posted here. I check saddoboxing all the time, but I am so busy I have not had the time. But this dude that posted the above statement needed to be replied to.

Put the beer down, get glasses, or simply wake up. This was a clear win for Winky, and he had every "WRIGHT" to walk out of that room after the fight. At no point in the fight did Taylor have control of that fight. he looked like amature night at the sand box, as do most people fighting Winky. It was clear that he was out boxed through the course of the entire fight. I was in a room of Taylor fans watching the fight, and they could not believe he did not loose.

Winky pushed forward the entire fight, at no point in the fight was he hurt or dominated. If your a Taylor fan, its easy to see why you might think he won, or at least had a draw. you spent ALL NIGHT looking for punches that got through, and on the occasional one that got by, probably while winky was laughing at Taylor, you jumped up and said, SEE!!!!

I like both fighters, I prefer winky, and I said to myself, that if Taylor could beat winky, he would be at the top of my list, but it was not even close. it was Christmas time in a Taylor arena.

""And i saw a lot of right hands landing flush on winky's face.""
    thats cute... lol

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by quammi

Its been at least 5 months since I have posted here. I check saddoboxing all the time, but I am so busy I have not had the time. But this dude that posted the above statement needed to be replied to.

Put the beer down, get glasses, or simply wake up. This was a clear win for Winky, and he had every "WRIGHT" to walk out of that room after the fight. At no point in the fight did Taylor have control of that fight. he looked like amature night at the sand box, as do most people fighting Winky. It was clear that he was out boxed through the course of the entire fight. I was in a room of Taylor fans watching the fight, and they could not believe he did not loose.

Winky pushed forward the entire fight, at no point in the fight was he hurt or dominated. If your a Taylor fan, its easy to see why you might think he won, or at least had a draw. you spent ALL NIGHT looking for punches that got through, and on the occasional one that got by, probably while winky was laughing at Taylor, you jumped up and said, SEE!!!!

I like both fighters, I prefer winky, and I said to myself, that if Taylor could beat winky, he would be at the top of my list, but it was not even close. it was Christmas time in a Taylor arena.

thats cute... lol
    Get over yourself, a draw was a fair result. Seems like a genuine 50/50 split right down the middle with the majority of fans so a draw was fair.

I think Wright walked out just to try and make the result look controversial, as if by cheering and waving before the result will influence opinion. Hopkins did it against Taylor as well, whereas Jermain always looks apprehensive and waits for the verdict.

Pretending your indignant at the result does not mean you won the fight, look at James Toney after the Rahman fight. He moaned like hell saying he was robbed when everybody else thought he had lost clearly.

It's just a way of trying to sway public opinion. It annoyed when Hopkins stooped to it against Taylor and annoys me that Wright is now doing it as well.

It was a very close, very competative fight. A draw was fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

go take a deep breath and we'll see you in a few.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by quammi

thats cute... lol
    Get over yourself, a draw was a fair result. Seems like a genuine 50/50 split right down the middle with the majority of fans so a draw was fair.

I think Wright walked out just to try and make the result look controversial, as if by cheering and waving before the result will influence opinion. Hopkins did it against Taylor as well, whereas Jermain always looks apprehensive and waits for the verdict.

Fightnews Poll
    Who won Saturday's middleweight clash between Jermain Taylor and Winky Wright?

Taylor won 26%
    It was a draw 31%
    Wright won 43%
    Fightnews.com

Go place your vote on www.fightnews.com / HBO was supposed to have a place to vote but I don't think they would like the results to be posted on their site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't pretend to be some massive presence like that of wacko or starr. I'm not saying that my taking a few days will punish the saddo members lol. What I am saying is as a boxing fan, it is impossible to talk sense with those that do not seem to know boxing and like to go against the common opinion for the sake of going against it. Which rounds did Taylor win? And I'd like to see all of the power shots that Taylor landed. I saw plenty of hard shots come off of Winky's gloves... and some power shots that came off of his gloves and grazed Winky... should we judge those punches on their innitial power? Or the power that was present when they actually reached Winky's face?

And I'm not a dramatic Winky fan. I admire his defense being a boxer myself. I think he is good and has worked hard to be where he is today. That being said, I'm no Taylor fan either.

I am willing to bet that the members that you would miss... the likes of wacko, starr, miles etc. will agree with my opinion on this matter.

You guys jumping to these conclusions about me shows how willing you are to make a decision regarding something you know little about.

Your not a boxing fan... your a fan boy... stop hating on Taylor he deserved the draw.

Thread Information