Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd is cornered now, must fight Margarito

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Look. I think that Floyd should hurry up and take the fight. This guy has been saying if it makes dollars it makes sense. Margarito is no Castillo and I think PBF would win easily. People are building Margarito into Tommy Hearns before the Ray Leonard fight. Margarito isn't that good guys. The only problem with fighting Margarito is that when PBF beats Margarito, people will switch tunes and probably be like "yeah, the guy hadn't fought top competition yet" or come up with some excuse to discredit Floyd, even though Floyd was saying it all along just like Gatti. I remember before the Gatti fight, people were like "PBF is gonna get KTFO for saying Gatti is a club fighter" and after PBF won, those same people were like "Gatti didn't have the skills to beat Floyd anyway, this win proves nothing, why did he even take the fight?" If Floyd wins convincingly like he usually always does will he get any credit?
    I agree totally, it's a lose lose situation for Floyd, critics will never be happy with his accomplishments. Not only did they discredit him in the Gatti fight but they do that for all his fights. Gatti was not his greatest opponent by far. People said that Corrales would KO him and he simply dominated that fight with 5 knockdowns until the corner stepped in. He has had a picture perfect career, his only close bout was against Castillo (1) and people haggle him about that, what else can the man do? And the same people telling him to fight a true WW are the same people who call him little Floyd and saying that he is not a true WW. Floyd is a great fighter, I can't understand why people don't want to give him his credit. If he fights Margarito and beats him people will say that Margarito was not a true test and Floyd should have fought Ricky. It's lonely at the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

after watching a couple of antonio's fights, i believe PBF is apprehensive to step in the same ring as margarito!

Margarito is as tall as corrales, heavier, stronger, harder puncher, more skilled, RELENTLESS, the guys a machine! he is definetly the most biggest threat for PBF. i mean who would refuse to fight for 8 mil if they knew they could win? lol i wouldn't!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    after watching a couple of antonio's fights, i believe PBF is apprehensive to step in the same ring as margarito!

Margarito is as tall as corrales, heavier, stronger, harder puncher, more skilled, RELENTLESS, the guys a machine! he is definetly the most biggest threat for PBF. i mean who would refuse to fight for 8 mil if they knew they could win? lol i wouldn't!!!
    The only reason he turned down 8 million is because he thought he was going to get 20 for the fight against Oscar, last time I checked 20 million dollar payday's are very rare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if Tony wins then its great for Tony, if Mayweather wins then Tony is overrated and never gets another shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    if Tony wins then its great for Tony, if Mayweather wins then Tony is overrated and never gets another shot
    tony losing to mayweather would not make him overrated (mayweather is the consensus best fighter on the planet)
    but if tony manages to hang in there with floyd and make it a competitive fight, then his stock will be higher than ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It all depends on Baldomir beating Gatti, if he doesnt then Margarito and Hatton are the only other options at 147. I think he will wait until July 23 to announce who his opponent is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo
    It all depends on Baldomir beating Gatti, if he doesnt then Margarito and Hatton are the only other options at 147. I think he will wait until July 23 to announce who his opponent is.
    That may be true, but it shouldn't be. I don't see any upside in fighting Baldomir. The linear title, I suppose, but I don't think Floyd especially cares about that. Definitely less money than either of the other fights, definitely more criticism for taking an easy fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To whoever said it,sorry can't remember who,Hatton fight would not make PBF anywhere near $8mill guranteeed stateside!! No way!! and that's minus PPV money etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ThA BrOnX BuLL
    Im no Hatton fan but i think he would be a better match up with floyd than Margarito ... Personally i think Mayweather would terrorize Margarito
    1)Margarito throws these loonnnnnnggg sweeping hooks that by the time he got to floyd he will have gotten hit 3 times and would miss.

2) He Slow! compared to floyd he is extremely slow. Yeah he's probably the strongest welter but you cant hurt what u cant catch

3) He tends to get hit ALOT dont under estimate floyds power.

4) Yeah hes a volume puncher BUT again hes SLOW! every punch he throws floyd gonna clock him 3 times
    Floyd hurts nothing@147,and if he wears the lighter gloves,he'd probably break his hands so no,I don't think Floyd will hurt Tony no matter how many times he hits and against Cintron,he did not throw those wide looping shots.He throws them when he needs to,it catches the opponenet off guard and Jesus Chavez caught Floyd with big looping rights when Floyd tried to roll him.He's not as slow as you are making out! and if you notice,I don't see PBF being so fleet footed nowadays! Especially not @147!

Like I said,and I am basing this off 1 fight as that is all I have,Hatton is nowehere near ready for Floyd. Also,add to the fact that Margarito is a natural WW and we will see a great fight.Here's hoping Floyd takes it!

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    There would be no shame in losing to a great great fighter like Floyd BUT Tony has to put up a great fight! I have been blowing his trumpet so to speak,for the last year here,so he can't let his fans down!! Also,his style is very exciting to watch,so the exposure will do him good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Bob
    That may be true, but it shouldn't be. I don't see any upside in fighting Baldomir. The linear title, I suppose, but I don't think Floyd especially cares about that. Definitely less money than either of the other fights, definitely more criticism for taking an easy fight.
    It's no secret Floyd loves the WBC belt (130,135,140) and Baldomir if he beats Gatti (which will be a sellout croud) will not only retain the 147 version but may be worth more than we think with Judah and Gatti on his resume'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's no secret Floyd loves the WBC belt (130,135,140) and Baldomir if he beats Gatti (which will be a sellout croud) will not only retain the 147 version but may be worth more than we think with Judah and Gatti on his resume'.
    He'll be worth more, but still not anywhere near as much as Margarito--who's guaranteeing Floyd more than he was guaranteed for Gatti and Judah combined. I for one, think Floyd would be seriously wasting his time with Baldomir and would not pay for it as a PPV. Floyd acknowledged this not too long ago too; I don't know why he's changing his tune now, especially with $8M still on the table.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Gatti beating Baldomir and there is sure to be no urgency for PBF: Gatti 2....

Hatton needs to feel himself into the division somewhat more....

So just take the $8m and fight Margarito...sure Margarito is a relatively unknown quantity...

But the P4P no. 1 should rise to these challenges...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can someone who says that legacy is everything (Floyd) , keep saying that the money is not right for this guy or that guy. He's too great a talent to keep us on hold any longer. He keeps moving up in weight only to fight the most vulnerable champ and keep saying how many titles he's won in different weight classes. That being said, Margarito is not the answer imo. He needs to fight Winky because that is one guy is a serious threat. He mentioned him a while back and I truly believe he realized he put his foot in his mouth so he quickly priced himself out. That doesn't sound like a guy who's trying to establish a great legacy.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY
    How can someone who says that legacy is everything (Floyd) , keep saying that the money is not right for this guy or that guy. He's too great a talent to keep us on hold any longer. He keeps moving up in weight only to fight the most vulnerable champ and keep saying how many titles he's won in different weight classes. That being said, Margarito is not the answer imo. He needs to fight Winky because that is one guy is a serious threat. He mentioned him a while back and I truly believe he realized he put his foot in his mouth so he quickly priced himself out. That doesn't sound like a guy who's trying to establish a great legacy.
    floyd jumping a couple weight divisions to fight winky would probably not be a very good move........
    but if winky were to come down and meet floyd in the middle at jr. welterweight, that would be epic

i think floyd would be wise to have at least 2 or 3 fights at jr. middle to get comfortable with the weight difference, cuz winky is a tall order

mayweather/wright 2008..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    floyd jumping a couple weight divisions to fight winky would probably not be a very good move........
    but if winky were to come down and meet floyd in the middle at jr. welterweight, that would be epic

i think floyd would be wise to have at least 2 or 3 fights at jr. middle to get comfortable with the weight difference, cuz winky is a tall order

Exactly what I'm talking about.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

Exactly what I'm talking about.

then you get a cc from me

Thread Information