38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd is cornered now, must fight Margarito

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    if Tony wins then its great for Tony, if Mayweather wins then Tony is overrated and never gets another shot
    tony losing to mayweather would not make him overrated (mayweather is the consensus best fighter on the planet)
    but if tony manages to hang in there with floyd and make it a competitive fight, then his stock will be higher than ever
    definitely, Castillo was known to be a good fighter before the Floyd fights but he really made his name in those fights, even though he didn't get the win. Somebody else said that Margarito isn't Castillo and I agree with that, he's bigger but he's not as skilled. But still, its as good a fight as any at welter right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO Body punches will be the key for Toni.........Toni is not as skilled, fast or gifted as PBF but i think he is smart, strong, hungry and relentless. For some reason i dont think Toni will jump on PBF and throw a thousand punches, what i think he'll try to do is walk PBF to the ropes and bang the body. IMO PBF is open for body punches and i think Toni should go for a relentless body attack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rsan-chez
    IMO Body punches will be the key for Toni.........Toni is not as skilled, fast or gifted as PBF but i think he is smart, strong, hungry and relentless. For some reason i dont think Toni will jump on PBF and throw a thousand punches, what i think he'll try to do is walk PBF to the ropes and bang the body. IMO PBF is open for body punches and i think Toni should go for a relentless body attack.
    I believe this too,and I know Tony is capable of going to body effectively,I mean he hammered and hurt the 170 plus pounds Santos to the body.I believe he will use the jab effectively too.Also,PBF is not as fleet footed as he was@any other weight,I'm not sure why but if that's the case against Toni then again,that's another reason I think he can win plus the fact that Floyd does not appear to have the power to keep him off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If people have really watched Margarito, they should know he is sloppy and very slow. It doesnt matter how hard he hits, because he wotn be Hitting Flloyd, at least not the way he has all the others.

Flloyds fought big punchers before and alot better opposition that Margarito, Flloyd would make a mess of his face, maybe not stop him, but certainly make a mess of him.

People rely on Margaritos punch to much, but against the P4P #1 he wotn get close to him, and then he wears down gets tired and Flloyd dances around hitting him all over the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by B@rr3r@
    If people have really watched Margarito, they should know he is sloppy and very slow. It doesnt matter how hard he hits, because he wotn be Hitting Flloyd, at least not the way he has all the others.

Flloyds fought big punchers before and alot better opposition that Margarito, Flloyd would make a mess of his face, maybe not stop him, but certainly make a mess of him.

People rely on Margaritos punch to much, but against the P4P #1 he wotn get close to him, and then he wears down gets tired and Flloyd dances around hitting him all over the place.
    You guys remember the Corralles fight when Diego tried walking Floyd down all nite and he got Tattooed over and over...Margarito will be in there playing with a Cobra...Period!!! I doubt Floyd is cornered into fighting, if Margarito wuz worth the shit or the money Floyd would spank him

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock

You guys remember the Corralles fight when Diego tried walking Floyd down all nite and he got Tattooed over and over...Margarito will be in there playing with a Cobra...Period!!! I doubt Floyd is cornered into fighting, if Margarito wuz worth the S*** or the money Floyd would spank him
    Im saying Margarito would beat Floyd, but you must remember a few things. Margarito is huge compared to Coralles. Secondly PBF is unknown at this higher divsion....

Lets not go judging things that we just dont know about yet...

Too many unknown variables at play here....one reason why i'd like this fight to take place...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito's alot slower than Gatti and fights much sloppier, I see him getting hit twice as much as Arturo because of it. UD or late stoppage for Mayweather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

You guys remember the Corralles fight when Diego tried walking Floyd down all nite and he got Tattooed over and over...Margarito will be in there playing with a Cobra...Period!!! I doubt Floyd is cornered into fighting, if Margarito wuz worth the S*** or the money Floyd would spank him
    Im saying Margarito would beat Floyd, but you must remember a few things. Margarito is huge compared to Coralles. Secondly PBF is unknown at this higher divsion....

Too many unknown variables at play here....one reason why i'd like this fight to take place...

I am sure now that Oscars done for the year that this match will get done or maybe Hatton....Finally Floyd will shut up one these guys and all there nuthuggers

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sure now that Oscars done for the year that this match will get done or maybe Hatton....Finally Floyd will shut up one these guys and all there fans
    Those are the best options available for Floyd. I hope he takes one. I think the Margarito fight is the most likely though...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To say PBF is going to beat Margarito like he did Gatti is foolish and has no basis on fact whatsoever.Here are some of the variables:

Margarito is a natural WW,something Floyd has not tasted yet.He punches twice as hard as blown up 140 guys like Judah etc

Margarito can use a jab,can work the body and I have heard from Doug Fisher who saw him sparring,that he is very effective at cutting off the ring.

The amount of leather Tony throws,behind the jab could be very effective

One of the main points for me is that PBF,as good as he is,has not been as fast or fleet footed@147 and he does not seem to have much pop at all! To keep Tony off,you need to deter him,can PBF do that?

To whoever compared Diego to Margarito,they have a few similarities but to compare the outcome of the fight is ridiculous.Did you see the fight? Did you see Diego's punch stats?How can compare that to Margarito,I mean did Dieog throw in double digits in more than 3 rounds?

Even the biggest PBF nuthugger will have to admit if he does not figh Tony,he is ducking him,heck I have heard 1 or 2 of his big fans admitting it already IF he doesn't fight Tony,as it will by far and away make him the most money soooo.....

Anyone else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look man you made good points about Margarito we all know how big and strong he is . Yes he is a natural ww . yes he has a DECENT jab and yes he throws an extremely high number of punches but dont you think that makes him a really high casualty to Counter Punches ALL NIGHT with floyds hand speed .
    To say that floyd CANT hurt margarito is CRAZY are you telling me margarito takes a punch better than GATTI are you saying floyd doesnt have any power ?? did you see gatti, judahs, and many others faces after fighting floyd?
    OK well lets say floyd doesnt haver the power to knockout margarito are you telling me 500 (exagerration) jabs a night no matter how hard on margarito's face arent gonna make a difference?
    And floyd not being fleet footed at 147 anymore ?! have you seen floyd work his jump rope lately lol its crazy... Let me tell you the only reason floyd hasnt been fleet footed is because HE HASNT HAD TOO he's been busting up and countering every one practically FLATFOOTED just of the strength of his hand speed AND power.
    If he was to fight margarito he would have Margarito chasing him all night and be countering him and dodging Margarito's significantly slower hands UNtil floyd gets confident because he sees margarito cant catch him then he'll probably tear him up flat footed tooo

I like Margarito but against floyd i think he would be out classed he just does'nt have the speed nor the technical skills if MARGARITO doesnt catch floyd with a lucky punch and knock floyd out ...IT WILL BE A BOXING LESSON...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sure now that Oscars done for the year that this match will get done or maybe Hatton....Finally Floyd will shut up one these guys and all there fans

strong statement.................cc for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

strong statement.................cc for you
    have one for the road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not overly impressed with Margarito , he had a nice win vs Kermit Cintron but Cintron was tailor made for Antonio . I think Mayweather would counter punch him all night long, I also feel Floyd has more tools and he is slick as owl $hit . .. I do like the Margarito Height and I like the Margarito Str8 punchesm, I just don’t think he is the guy to dethrone Floyd, that will be Oscar later on ! IMO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ThA BrOnX BuLL
    Look man you made good points about Margarito we all know how big and strong he is . Yes he is a natural ww . yes he has a DECENT jab and yes he throws an extremely high number of punches but dont you think that makes him a really high casualty to Counter Punches ALL NIGHT with floyds hand speed .
    To say that floyd CANT hurt margarito is CRAZY are you telling me margarito takes a punch better than GATTI are you saying floyd doesnt have any power ?? did you see gatti, judahs, and many others faces after fighting floyd?
    OK well lets say floyd doesnt haver the power to knockout margarito are you telling me 500 (exagerration) jabs a night no matter how hard on margarito's face arent gonna make a difference?
    And floyd not being fleet footed at 147 anymore ?! have you seen floyd work his jump rope lately lol its crazy... Let me tell you the only reason floyd hasnt been fleet footed is because HE HASNT HAD TOO he's been busting up and countering every one practically FLATFOOTED just of the strength of his hand speed AND power.
    If he was to fight margarito he would have Margarito chasing him all night and be countering him and dodging Margarito's significantly slower hands UNtil floyd gets confident because he sees margarito cant catch him then he'll probably tear him up flat footed tooo

I like Margarito but against floyd i think he would be out classed he just does'nt have the speed nor the technical skills if MARGARITO doesnt catch floyd with a lucky punch and knock floyd out ...IT WILL BE A BOXING LESSON...
    Thanks for the thought but you cannot Cool Click yet,you have to get 100 posts.I'll give you 1 though.1st thing,Tony Margarito doesn't do "lucky punches",there is no such thing as a lucky punch in boxing unless you have closed your eyes or something.And you are fooling yourself brotha if you think Floyd standing in front of Tony is a good thing.It's not and @ 147,he does not have power,Gatti was at 140.147,he didn't really hurt Judah a massive amount.Also,as you said,there is absolutely no way pbf is going to throw 500 jabs dude.The handspeed issue could be true but then again,Jose Luis Castillo is not renowned for his handspeed and look how well he did against PBF in their first fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    I am not overly impressed with Margarito , he had a nice win vs Kermit Cintron but Cintron was tailor made for Antonio . I think Mayweather would counter punch him all night long, I also feel Floyd has more tools and he is slick as owl $hit . .. I do like the Margarito Height and I like the Margarito Str8 punchesm, I just don’t think he is the guy to dethrone Floyd, that will be Oscar later on ! IMO

Totally disagree,I think most(although they won't admit it now)thought Cintron was the second coming of Tito and thought he would walk through Antonio but Margarito adapted brilliantly to that fight. He took on the role of the boxer,used the jab,good D and whenever he was launching those combos,he would work head and body,up and down,I was very impressed.

Thread Information