Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cotto-Gatti or Cotto-Hatton may happen!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto-Gatti or Cotto-Hatton may happen!!!

Cotto vs. Hatton is a toss up, but at 147, Cotto's chances increase and Hatton's decrease. Check it: Cotto will be bigger and just as strong (if not stronger than Hatton). Hatton cuts easily and let me remind you of the damage Cotto has done to faces: Maussa: Eyes looking like Hatton; Sosa: lip split in two; Bailey: Cuts under both eyes; Corley: Cuts under both eyes; Branco: Busted face; Paulie: Busted face, nose, jaw, mouth, eye, all bleeding at one point or another. I see Hatton a bloody mess by the middle rounds, not to say that he will lose. It's a simple fact and all you Cotto doubters (aka Starr) must admit that there's a easy chance Hatton will get cut and impact the fight. Cotto's chin will be stronger, after all, he doesn't have to shed 20 pounds to fight at 140 (granted, he will be fighting stronger fighters at 147). Hatton got rocked by Collazo, a non-puncher, and he also doesn't like body shots (Cotto's) specialty. Rewind the tape of Tszyu vs. Hatton and I think in the one of the middle rounds, Hatton was hit by a body shot and went down, but the ref called it a low blow. Pause the tape. There was no low blow. It was a knockdown. Cotto can also box and if he gets it through his thick head that he has an outstanding, head snapping jab, Hatton will surely lose. Yet, Cotto better be ready to fight 12 rounds because Hatton is as tough as they come in any weight. And he sure likes a scrap, something Cotto can't seem to stay out of. Thus, despite Cotto's obvious advantages in terms of skill, Hatton sure is man enough to give Cotto difficulty. Prediction: Cotto by 9th round TKO.

As for Gatti, the referee will stop that fight in favor of Cotto!! Gatti will be slower than Cotto. Gatti's face will be worse than Hatton's! Cotto has the power advantage. Gatti hasn't beaten a top fighter in years (Ward doesn't count. He was nothing more than a club fighter/journeyman, granted a good one). Mayweather, de la Hoya, Robinson, Manfreddy. Boxer punchers beat Gatti easy. That's what Cotto is (not that he fights like that all the time, though).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    Meh....Cotto would knock Gatti out within the first 7 rounds.
    You'll see
    If they ever fight you wanna put a wager on that?

IF Gatti gets past Baldomir, I bet you that Gatti would beat Cotto
    sure, what you got in mind?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meh....Cotto would knock Gatti out within the first 7 rounds.
    You'll see
    If they ever fight you wanna put a wager on that?

IF Gatti gets past Baldomir, I bet you that Gatti would beat Cotto
    sure, what you got in mind?
    Sig bet.

If Gatti gets past Baldomir(which I'm not sure he will) And if Cotto and Gatti ever fight and Gatti wins. You have to put in your sig

"STARR IS MY MISTRESS AS I BELITTLE MYSELF TO HER EVERY WHIM AS SHE PUNISHES ME 24/7 FOR NOT KNOWING AS MUCH BOXING AS SHE ... COTTO GOT BEAT AND OH YEA. ZAB JUDAH P4P NUMBER ONE!!!"

Thats just a low tone since its our first wager.

What do I have to put in my sig if Cotto wins?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gatti wouldn't be the underdog if he fought Cotto.

And anyway, I'm not sure if Gatti gets past Baldomir.
    You are not sure Gatti can get past Baldomir, bur you are positive Gatti can beat Cotto?!? If I am following the path correctly you are saying that Baldomir is a better fighter (or matchup) than Cotto? Sorry but I dont understand the thought on this one. Personally I think Gatti is going to have problems getting past Baldomir, and there is no way he beats Cotto.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You my dear have to put in yourr sig

"I PRETEND TO KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT BOXING, BUT IN REALITY The_One77 MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD....
    As a matter of fact, life is sooo cold without him.....The_One is my leader, my Boxing God, and without him there is no Purist/Star...."

k, what bout that?
    haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You my dear have to put in yourr sig

"I PRETEND TO KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT BOXING, BUT IN REALITY The_One77 MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD....
    As a matter of fact, life is sooo cold without him.....The_One is my leader, my Boxing God, and without him there is no Purist/Star...."

k, what bout that?
    haha
    Ok the bets on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

deal
    But we'll just have to wait a year or 2 for the actual fights to happen hopefully

Thread Information