Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PUNCH STAT BS........ EXPOSED!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default PUNCH STAT BS........ EXPOSED!!!!!

winky outlanded jt by 60 shots the whole night..........okay?

but in 3 of those rounds alone, winky outlanded him by 30 (i give those to winky, along with a few others)

so do the math critics...............thats just over 3 punches a round excluding those 3 (winkys rounds)

so winkys weak jabs were more effective than jts shots?

nope........ a good fight that jt should have won, but since WINKY is an hbo fighter and has the biggest fan base he got a draw.

if he won the fight he'd be willing to rematch just like jermain is.

its called confidence......jermain has it, winky doesnt

there must be a good reason, right??

oh cuz winky is certain he will get "robbed" again, right?

thought so.

long live the undisputed middleweight champion of the world
    JERMAIN "BAD INTENTIONS" TAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO OORRRRRR"

and keep this in mind, the only punches that counted as connections for taylor landed on winkys face, all the "misses" were on his arms.. which means that when taylor was missing he was still hurting winky

i bought this back just for you, wacko.
    now when you decide to say "punch stats don't lie," youve gotta reminder that they do

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PUNCH STAT BS............EXPOSED!!!!!!!!

If Winky doesn't have confidence, then why was it Winky walking Taylor down the whole night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    If Winky doesn't have confidence, then why was it Winky walking Taylor down the whole night?
    if winky has so much confidence, why doesnt he want a rematch?

he was all kinds of confident going in, but not after the fight
    probably a good reason

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

probably a good reason
    Damn good reason

GL: After the fight you said no rematch. Do you still feel that way?
    WW: "Yep."
    WW: "Let me get this right, I ain't mad at Taylor. I'm mad at the judges. It was bullshit and we worked too motherfucking hard to get where we're at and do what we do for some motherfuckers who never been in the ring and don't know what it feels like to dodge a punch show favoritism because of where we're at and who the fighter is. He's an HBO fighter with an HBO coach and we on HBO. They're not supposed to be biased their supposed to judge the fight for the fight."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Altough I don't believe for a second that Winky actually lacks confidence, I'll answer this question. I think Winky engaged Taylor because he is a good enough boxer to know that his distance would be a key role against this competitor. If he had tried any other method, he would have either had his guts stomped out, or the fight would have been a snoozefest due to a lack of activity.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by underrealm
    Altough I don't believe for a second that Winky actually lacks confidence, I'll answer this question. I think Winky engaged Taylor because he is a good enough boxer to know that his distance would be a key role against this competitor. If he had tried any other method, he would have either had his guts stomped out, or the fight would have been a snoozefest due to a lack of activity.
    Exactly, but had he been a coward with no confidence, he would have never moved forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wheather winky admits it or not...but he had a hard time against j.t...he was hoping to just get the decision and never hear from j.t agian...since he didn't he rather just called it robbery then prove he is better then j.t...I don't see winky doing anything different for the rematch if it happens...but j.t can win it easy just stay of the ropes...j.t will win the rematch...stoppage or ud...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by babyboNe
    wheather winky admits it or not...but he had a hard time against j.t...he was hoping to just get the decision and never hear from j.t agian...since he didn't he rather just called it robbery then prove he is better then j.t...I don't see winky doing anything different for the rematch if it happens...but j.t can win it easy just stay of the ropes...j.t will win the rematch...stoppage or ud...
    He definitely had a hard time, it was a competitve fight no doubt. I don't think Winky ever denied that. You seem to think Winky is alone in his thinking that the decision should have gone his way. You're wrong

And you're assuming now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly, but had he been a coward with no confidence, he would have never moved forward.

heres the thing.............im a big winky fan (less so after the postfight fiasco, even the most die hard, winky can never lose a fight fan cant say this was wright/vargas again) but damn, at worst the fight was a draw (i had jt up by 2) and i had money on winky going in.

i said he has no confidence NOW, AFTER THE FIGHT.
    he was confident going in
    but not coming out.
    jermain is the real deal, theres a reason why winky wont rematch (the same reason he wouldnt talk aout rematching vasquez)

i am sold on jt....hes number 2 in my stables of fighters (behind pbf)now, because of the fight

the only people who are criticizing are the people who are still all butt hurt over taylor/hopkins (wacko) so now you guys watch the fight with a chip on your shoulder

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

heres the thing.............im a big winky fan (less so after the postfight fiasco, even the most die hard, winky can never lose a fight fan cant say this was wright/vargas again) but damn, at worst the fight was a draw (i had jt up by 2) and i had money on winky going in.

but not coming out.
    jermain is the real deal, theres a reason why winky wont rematch (the same reason he wouldnt talk aout rematching vasquez)

i am sold on jt....hes number 2 in my stables of fighters (behind pbf)now, because of the fight
    Winky has no confidence in the judges, not himself...

Winky won the fight and at worst should have earned a draw....and lets not go counting out a rematch until the heat of the moment has died down....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He definitely had a hard time, it was a competitve fight no doubt. I don't think Winky ever denied that. You seem to think Winky is alone in his thinking that the decision should have gone his way. You're wrong

And you're assuming now.
    actually i thought winky should of won the fight...IF he would of listen to his corner and finish strong in the 12 and fight for every second of the 12 round...after experincing a bad decision with vargas you'd think he would of learn...and leave no second of a doubt that he should win...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

probably a good reason
    Damn good reason

GL: After the fight you said no rematch. Do you still feel that way?
    WW: "Yep."
    WW: "Let me get this right, I ain't mad at Taylor. I'm mad at the judges. It was bullshit and we worked too motherfucking hard to get where we're at and do what we do for some motherfuckers who never been in the ring and don't know what it feels like to dodge a punch show favoritism because of where we're at and who the fighter is. He's an HBO fighter with an HBO coach and we on HBO. They're not supposed to be biased their supposed to judge the fight for the fight."

stop!

be happy with a draw

the judges dont work for hbo

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

but not coming out.

Winky has no confidence in the judges, not himself...

Winky won the fight and at worst should have earned a draw....and lets not go counting out a rematch until the heat of the moment has died down....

Yeah I would be really surprised if Wright went Hagler on boxing and didn't fight a rematch. But your first statement was about as accurate as they get. Click.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And you're assuming now.
    actually i thought winky should of won the fight...IF he would of listen to his corner and finish strong in the 12 and fight for every second of the 12 round...after experincing a bad decision with vargas you'd think he would of learn...and leave no second of a doubt that he should win...
    Exactly the way I feel

You should never leave ANY room for doubt in the minds of the judges who can be an unknown quantity...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And you're assuming now.
    did you notice how low winky was keeping his hands in the 12th?

who said he would have won that round........i think if winky stepped up in that last round hed have gotten beat

thats why he went AGAINST his trainers advice and decided to run the 12th

Thread Information