Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: fightnews.com: Oscar not retiring!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default fightnews.com: Oscar not retiring!!!

Oscar not retiring yet!
    Barrera-Juarez rematch set...

Wednesday, June 21 2006

By Karl Freitag

"I can fight a few more years," said Oscar De La Hoya today, while announcing that he will continue as an active fighter, although he will not be fighting on September 16 as planned. The Golden Boy said he is still training and as of now is leaning toward fighting next May -- in what will be his last fight against the only fighter that interests him, Floyd Mayweather Jr. The Golden Boy stated that he thought long and hard about retirement, but "today is not that day." Oscar stressed that "I have to do the right thing," adding that he didn't want to fall into the trap of retiring, then coming back. "I'm only going to retire once," he promised.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oscar also announced that the September 16 PPV date will be filled by Marco Antonio Barrera in a rematch against Rocky Juarez, headlining a big PPV card that will feature a total of four world title fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: fightnews.com: Oscar not retiring!!!

THANK U LORD!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hold up...im not believing anything until its confirmed cuz i just went on another sight and they had an entire speech he supposedly gave saying he is retired so im not sure this is accurate

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well that was about as suprising as England being held by Sweden last night.

To quote an earlier post I made earlier this week

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Sounds like more narcissim and affectation from the Goldenboy.

He'll no doubt say he's going to quit only for a huge announcement at the last minute that the Mayweather fight has come through.

Then he'll be pictured looking skywards for inspiration and guidance and then he'll announce , 'I'm ready,' , and everyone will cheer and roar, there will be 3 billion PPV's and he will be on the cover of all major magazines, probably bring out a song and write his autobiography.

Oh and him and his child will feature in Vogue or Time Magazine.

They may even feature a picture of him blessing some poor person, or giving out meals to the homeless, perhaps heal a blind man.

Am the only one who isn't taken in by this vain self important little Godlike wannabe

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sammiza567
    hold up...im not believing anything until its confirmed cuz i just went on another sight and they had an entire speech he supposedly gave saying he is retired so im not sure this is accurate
    Yeah the plan is they release that speech first so that the fans 'plead and implore' the great one begging him to take the Mayweather fight.

He will no doubt go back to the Garden of Gethsemene and pray until he gets the word from On High and then he'll announce he is indeed going to take this one last fight.

It wouldn't suprise me if for his final fight he comes into the ring on a suspended wire, with cherubs and angels on either side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bring on Mayweather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what site are you talkign about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I tell you, at 154 Mayweather is done! Oscar will TKO/KO his azz & I like PBF!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Bilbo,good call and your points are gaining more validity!! Is this just 1 big ruse?¬?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    CC Bilbo,good call and your points are gaining more validity!! Is this just 1 big ruse?¬?
    Wow what I intended as a troll gets a me

back at ya

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah the plan is they release that speech first so that the fans 'plead and implore' the great one begging him to take the Mayweather fight.

He will no doubt go back to the Garden of Gethsemene and pray until he gets the word from On High and then he'll announce he is indeed going to take this one last fight.

It wouldn't suprise me if for his final fight he comes into the ring on a suspended wire, with cherubs and angels on either side.

[/quote]

LOL Hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

it will probably be shown on PPV. w/ BHOP, MAB, and Mosley sitting by his side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This bullshit is what Ray Leonard pulled on Hagler! Fwock Oscar...for the moment.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information