Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Worst boxing headline ever.

I've never heard of this guy, but check out this really bad headline from fight news.

Ten Count for Preston Hartzog
    By Damien St. Pierre
    Heavyweight prospect Preston “The Bogalusa Boogieman” Hartzog was found dead on Wednesday morning in his California apartment according to sources. It is believed that he suffered a heart attack. The 29-year old Hartzog had a record of 15 wins against 1 loss and 1 draw with 4 knockouts. Hartzog last fought on August 5, 2005 when he lost a six round decision to Willie Chapman. Hartzog had temporarily stepped away from boxing last year and was involved in acting. Hartzog’s sister, Anna Beth Goodman, briefly promoted him under the promotional banner of Kingfish Boxing. “He is going to be very missed,” said Jesse Reid. “I loved him like a son. He was a double-tough guy in the ring.” Reid had been the trainer of Hartzog for the past couple of years. FightNews conveys our condolences to the family and friends of Hartzog.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Worst boxing headline ever.

Quote Originally Posted by tuckwopat
    I've never heard of this guy, but check out this really bad headline from fight news.

Ten Count for Preston Hartzog
    By Damien St. Pierre
    Heavyweight prospect Preston “The Bogalusa Boogieman” Hartzog was found dead on Wednesday morning in his California apartment according to sources. It is believed that he suffered a heart attack. The 29-year old Hartzog had a record of 15 wins against 1 loss and 1 draw with 4 knockouts. Hartzog last fought on August 5, 2005 when he lost a six round decision to Willie Chapman. Hartzog had temporarily stepped away from boxing last year and was involved in acting. Hartzog’s sister, Anna Beth Goodman, briefly promoted him under the promotional banner of Kingfish Boxing. “He is going to be very missed,” said Jesse Reid. “I loved him like a son. He was a double-tough guy in the ring.” Reid had been the trainer of Hartzog for the past couple of years. FightNews conveys our condolences to the family and friends of Hartzog.
    What's the problem? It's obvious he ain't getting back up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe not the worst headlline ever, but its like a bar joke for a headline.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is a morbid headline in a way, but the worst ever is : "The End of Roy Jones."
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree thats rather distasteful, what would have been 10 times worse was if they claimed he had no heart.

Thread Information