Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default THE BEST OF THE REST P4P – By Neil Thompson

11. RAFEAL MARQUEZ – Another fighter needing a big fight or a move up in weight.

12. PONGSAKLEK WONJONGKAN

13. MIGUEL COTTO – Should move up to 147 next. A Hatton fight would be ideal.

14. DIEGO CORRALES – The world’s best lightweight.

15. ANTONIO MARGARITO – Big, strong and powerful but he needs a big fight.

16. CHRIS JOHN – Not too sure about this guy but you cannot argue with his last win.

17. MANUEL MARQUEZ – Possibly taking an eliminator for the WBO title. Look out Scott Harrison.

18. ROMAN KARMAZIN – Very under rated. The best active Russian fighter today.

19. MIKKEL KESSLER – Needs a big fight and American exposure to progress any further.

20. WLADIMIR KLITSCKHO – Can he continue his improvement under Emanuel Steward? Let’s get a Klitsckho v Valuev fight on.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=7364&more=1

”””””””””””””””” ”””””””””””””””” ”””””””””””””””” ”””””””””””””””” ”””””””””””””””” ””””””””””

”and American exposure to progress any further”

I thought that P4P ranking was about boxing skills and not about American exposure?!!!!

What this American writer Neil Thompson says is that a boxer, in this case Dane Mikkel Kessler, has to get American exposure to progress on the P4P list………

I for one find it very ignorant that “American exposure” should be one of the parameters a boxer has to be weighed with on a P4P ranking. Then all American or American-based boxers would automatically by favoured – not on their boxing skills but because they were born or stays in America.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: THE BEST OF THE REST P4P – By Neil Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by EU Champ

11. RAFEAL MARQUEZ – Another fighter needing a big fight or a move up in weight.

16. CHRIS JOHN – Not too sure about this guy but you cannot argue with his last win.

17. MANUEL MARQUEZ – Possibly taking an eliminator for the WBO title. Look out Scott Harrison.

19. MIKKEL KESSLER – Needs a big fight and American exposure to progress any further.

20. WLADIMIR KLITSCKHO – Can he continue his improvement under Emanuel Steward? Let’s get a Klitsckho v Valuev fight on.

”””””””””””””””” ”””””””””””””””” ”””””””””””””””” ”””””””””””””””” ”””””””””””””””” ””””””””””

I thought that P4P ranking was about boxing skills and not about American exposure?!!!!

What this American writer Neil Thompson says is that a boxer, in this case Dane Mikkel Kessler, has to get American exposure to progress on the P4P list………

I for one find it very ignorant that “American exposure” should be one of the parameters a boxer has to be weighed with on a P4P ranking. Then all American or American-based boxers would automatically by favoured – not on their boxing skills but because they were born or stays in America.

Well America is where all the best boxers fight so not really a big deal.

Our best British actors need to go to Hollywood to become superstars.

America is the gladiator equivelent of Rome and the Colloseum. I mean where else can you go to become a big star, Denmark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

Well America is where all the best boxers fight so not really a big deal.

Our best British actors need to go to Hollywood to become superstars.

America is the gladiator equivelent of Rome and the Colloseum. I mean where else can you go to become a big star, Denmark
    P4P is about boxing skills not about how known you are in America. The majority of the best SMWs are from Europe so why should they travel to America?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=EU Champ ]
    [quote=bilbo ]

P4P is about boxing skills not about how known you are in America. The majority of the best SMWs are from Europe so why should they travel to America?
    Cause we said so Royal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=jtrock ]
    [quote=EU Champ ]

Cause we said so Royal
    america is where the attractions are...the whole world watches hbo and showtime...america can promote boxer better then any country...europe seem to keep there best in secrets...the best all over the world come to america to be known...do you think if pac went to europe he'll be as big now as if he didn't come to be known in america...NOpe...do you think winky wanted to stay fighting in europe and not in america...Nope...you don't have to be from america but if you want to make it big time prove to the world how good you are...you got to fight in the biggest stage and thats in america...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It certainly wouldn't hurt to get him on tv more in America. I don't know how much Kessler is on TV in England but here I'm pretty certain he's never had a single fight televised. I've seen him twice and both times I had to download the fights, I had to make a real effort to see him fight. So if I'm an American writer on a boxing website or magazine, or just a fan, and I'm making a P4P list I'm not gonna put a guy on there if I've only seen him fight once or twice, that's not enough to make a real judgement about how good he is. So it wouldn't hurt him to fight on HBO or Showtime and show how good he really is. But either way, so far he hasn't done enough, beating Mundine, Lucas and Siacca isn't P4P top ten worthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=babyboNe ]
    [quote=jtrock ]

Cause we said so Royal
    america is where the attractions are...the whole world watches hbo and showtime...america can promote boxer better then any country...europe seem to keep there best in secrets...the best all over the world come to america to be known...do you think if pac went to europe he'll be as big now as if he didn't come to be known in america...NOpe...do you think winky wanted to stay fighting in europe and not in america...Nope...you don't have to be from america but if you want to make it big time prove to the world how good you are...you got to fight in the biggest stage and thats in america...
    My point is not whether America or Europe is the centre of boxing – my point is that it is not fair or relevant to put American exposure into a P4P ranking list.

Thread Information