Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default NEED SOME TIPS

I'm just getting into boxing, I have entered the tough man contest here in WV. The toughman is a amateur boxing tournament, the bouts are 3 one minute rounds. Now the closest boxing gym to me is almost 3 hours away so i cannot make the trip everyday, I have consulted a close family friend who is a Pro boxer and he has given me my training schedule and told me some of the basics. Also I have done a lot of research online and have learned a good deal, but I am far from the knowledge of a seasoned veteran. I would like to know if there are any tips (training,sparring,condition, or in the ring) that you all could help me out with.

A little information about me I'm 18 years old 6'6in tall i weigh 225-230. I'm athletically built i was all-state basketball and football in WV my senior year in the AA class (which is the middle class of high school) I'm in good shape but i would like to be in better shape when the Toughman comes around. The Toughman Contest that i entered is scheduled for Jan. 27th 2007, is that enought time to train? Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer me.

Drew

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NEED SOME TIPS

So you say your in good shape now, but want to be better? You've got what 6 months? thats more than enough time for 1 bout... especially 3 1 minutes... if its 1 minute just do loads of Anaerobic fitness drills so you can blast away as hard as you can for the full 60 seconds... shouldn't be hard to get in shape enough for that.

just do what ever you can do to train with some one who knows and is experienced in technique... thats whats gonna be important... 3 1 minute rounds will be a walk in the park if you do sprint and punch out drills for even a few weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NEED SOME TIPS

Thanks for the advice. Theres only one bout the 1st night, but if you win and make it to the second night you have to fight 3 bouts the second night. Thanks again.

Thread Information