Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing's business forgetting about the fans

How long are we going to continue to get victimized? Why do we have to keep waiting for our favorite fighters to take our favorite type of fights? We really need to boycott these PPVs and demand good fights. I'm tired of guys saying they want to be considered the best but not fight the other top fighters. First they say they'll take on anyone and in the same breath say well if the money is not right, it's not happening. We deserve better! They are making money because we are watching but they want us to keep watching even though they're are not giving us quality shows. That is the reason UFC is so popular these days. The sports top fighters need to take control again and they need to stop cheating the fans. They talk about how hard they train and how hard they work to get to their respective positions but they forget that we work and have families too and have to cough up 40 or 50 bucks for garbage fights. There are still a few guys who still fight whoever need be but, too few and too far between.

Anyway that my opinion.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing's business forgetting about the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY
    That is the reason UFC is so popular these days.
    The reason the UFC is so popular these days is because the hill billie population has doubled in size & the UFC is the closest thing to a trailer park fight that doesn't even a CDV charge.

Just wacko's opinion.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How long are we going to continue to get victimized? Why do we have to keep waiting for our favorite fighters to take our favorite type of fights? We really need to boycott these PPVs and demand good fights. I'm tired of guys saying they want to be considered the best but not fight the other top fighters. First they say they'll take on anyone and in the same breath say well if the money is not right, it's not happening. We deserve better! They are making money because we are watching but they want us to keep watching even though they're are not giving us quality shows. That is the reason UFC is so popular these days. The sports top fighters need to take control again and they need to stop cheating the fans. They talk about how hard they train and how hard they work to get to their respective positions but they forget that we work and have families too and have to cough up 40 or 50 bucks for garbage fights. There are still a few guys who still fight whoever need be but, too few and too far between.

Anyway that my opinion.
    You really think that boycotting will help? If anything. it'll do the opposite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise

Anyway that my opinion.
    Agreed...& honestly...I got not problem with PPV's as long as they are worthy.

The Pac Larios fight IWO is PPV worthy...Pac has become a PPV star over the last two years & you have to have PPV to make boxing work...just as the UFC has to have PPV to work.

If you love anything...you have to pay for it...fact of life.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyway that my opinion.
    We gotta do something cause this ain't working.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

Anyway that my opinion.

The Pac Larios fight IWO is PPV worthy...Pac has become a PPV star over the last two years & you have to have PPV to make boxing work...just as the UFC has to have PPV to work.

Agree. I even think Jones up coming PPV is worthy. Especially if according to Ring magazine it's priced at $24.95

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyway that my opinion.

There are some guys that still do fight good fights. Just not enough. What I'm saying is, the guys that don't take the big fights and want all the money. They are the ones that are bad for the sport. On the other hand, there are guys that take big fight after big fight win or lose and they don't get to make money and get the due respect. Some PPVs are worth buying and I buy the ones that are but c'mon love it not, you don't wanna pay for a bulls*** fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyway that my opinion.

Agree. I even think Jones up coming PPV is worthy. Especially if according to Ring magazine it's priced at $24.95
    Really? That cheap? OK, well at least they should price them all accordingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some PPVs are worth buying and I buy the ones that are but c'mon love it not, you don't wanna pay for a bulls*** fight.
    Agreed...but anyone here will tell you...if it's boxing...& it's PPV...my dumb ass will usually purchase...anything can & will happen...that's what keeps boxing bankable & always interesting...for every bad side that you (not just you) bring up...there is a good side around the corner.

I just don't think that it's the doom & gloom that it's being made out to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They justify the huge PPV price by tacking on some lousy undercard fights. I would glady pay to see Rahman / Maskaev if they had Peter / Toney with it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Allow me to pull up a related response I wrote on a different thread from earlier
    It basically sums up my feelings about the "business" aspect of boxing.............

............Coming from a Marketing background, I have to say that it would be absolutely idiotic if the governing bodies of boxing did not look at MMA as competition.
    So what does this mean?Huh

Here's what I'm getting at:

1.) Boxing needs to be more accessible to the public to increase viewership.

2.) Some of these crooked a** promoters need to retire or get the boot or be FORCED TO UNIFY SOME TITLES and give us the fights that we deserve as fans rather than setting up un-interesting "gimme" fights to protect their market share!

3.) Fights and fighters need to be marketed properly as well. If I wasn't on this forum or if I didn't visit fight news then I would never know when half of the fights are taking place.

4.) The cost of some of these PPV fights needs to come down so that the non-die hard public who have a borderline interest in boxing can actually watch a fight without having to fork over $50.00 a pop.

There is absolutely NO GENIUS in charging a target market $50.00 to watch a fight. It's simply robbery.

If you want to impress people as a promoter...then increase the market share.....increase viewership..draw up a business plan.....but don't just take a fight to another country or charge $5.00 more dollars this year for a fight........that mickey mouse S*** doesn't make you a smart business man. No innovation there.

Now with all of that said.....if you don't think that MMA is a threat to boxing’s market share then I don't know what to tell you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, 50 bucks for Pac vs Larios is absurd, Wacko, it just is. I mean way too many fights are bein promoted as PPV lately, Cotto vs Malinaggi should never have been PPV. Boxing needs to come back to the major networks, that is the only way it will be considered a main stream sport. And UFC is more than glorified trailer park street fights Wacko. I've been watchin UFC since the very first one, when you could rent them at blockbuster on video. Back then it was gory, and kind of low budget, but the competitors were still skilled and tough. Now it has blown up in population because of the "ultimate fighter" show and it being brought to the mainstream. The marketing behind it is great, they sell it really well, and the top fighters are always fighting each other. There is only ONE champ in each division. The stars are hyped as absolute bad asses, while dissing on boxing at times. I like MMA and UFC, but I love boxing. I'll still take a good boxing match over a good UFC match any day. But I am becoming a minority more and more every day. I mean the marketing has made the UFC guys the tuff guys, the bad asses, the warriors for men to look up to, not boxers any more.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mucho testosterone
    Allow me to pull up a related response I wrote on a different thread from earlier
    It basically sums up my feelings about the "business" aspect of boxing.............

............Coming from a Marketing background, I have to say that it would be absolutely idiotic if the governing bodies of boxing did not look at MMA as competition.
    So what does this mean?Huh

Here's what I'm getting at:

1.) Boxing needs to be more accessible to the public to increase viewership.

2.) Some of these crooked a** promoters need to retire or get the boot or be FORCED TO UNIFY SOME TITLES and give us the fights that we deserve as fans rather than setting up un-interesting "gimme" fights to protect their market share!

3.) Fights and fighters need to be marketed properly as well. If I wasn't on this forum or if I didn't visit fight news then I would never know when half of the fights are taking place.

4.) The cost of some of these PPV fights needs to come down so that the non-die hard public who have a borderline interest in boxing can actually watch a fight without having to fork over $50.00 a pop.

There is absolutely NO GENIUS in charging a target market $50.00 to watch a fight. It's simply robbery.

If you want to impress people as a promoter...then increase the market share.....increase viewership..draw up a business plan.....but don't just take a fight to another country or charge $5.00 more dollars this year for a fight........that mickey mouse S*** doesn't make you a smart business man. No innovation there.

Now with all of that said.....if you don't think that MMA is a threat to boxing’s market share then I don't know what to tell you.
    Have a CC on that Mucho
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Thread Information