Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chazz Witherspoon Is A Heavyweight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chazz Witherspoon Is A Heavyweight?

He sure didn't seem it Stamina just isn't an issue with him, or so it seems anyways. 100+ punches a round

I am DEFINITELY going to be keeping my eye on him. I don't care if he doesn't have much power, he is so fun to watch. Here was my round by round of his fight tonight.

Chazz Witherspoon Versus Mike Alexander

Round 1
    The fight starts off with both fighters meeting in the center and Witherspoon immediately popping off with a straight right hand. The much taller Witherspoon is the more busy of the two in the early going, jabbing to the body and throwing straight rights upstairs. Alexander is on the inside jabbing to the head. Both fighters are avoiding each other’s punches, and both are very busy. Witherspoon lands a booming straight right hand to the body two minutes through the round. Alexander is beginning to flurry and move, and having success doing so. He is making Witherspoon follow him around the ring and then sticking and moving. Witherspoon isn’t doing so bad himself, working well with the jab. Alexander got the better of Witherspoon that round, staying very busy and putting together combinations.

Round 2
    After an action packed first round, Witherspoon starts this round by jabbing Alexander from the outside. Alexander is fighting very smart, staying out of Witherspoon’s wheelhouse, staying inside or outside. Witherspoon hasn’t been able to put together much of anything after the jab, as Alexander is doing a tremendous job of moving laterally. With thirty seconds left in the round, Alexander lands a big straight right hand that gets Witherspoon’s attention. Witherspoon is very hesitant, as the smaller, faster Alexander is doing numbers behind a jab and good movement.

Round 3
    Alexander is befuddling through two rounds. Alexander opens the round with a lunging jab that gets him clocked with a counter straight right hand. Alexander seems to be fatiguing now, allowing the ring to be cut off and pushed back by Witherspoon. Both of these fighters have a very big punch output, but Witherspoon still seems a bit hesitant in following up the jab. Witherspoon lands his best punch of the night with thirty seconds left in the round, a right uppercut that hurts Alexander. Alexander slips his way out of trouble and the round ends with Witherspoon charging Alexander with the jab.

Round 4
    Witherspoon seems to have turned up the volume on the fight, following up his jab with an assortment of hooks and straight rights. Alexander’s punching has slowed, as he is no longer throwing punches in clusters and combinations, merely trying to fend off the hard charging Witherspoon with his jab. Witherspoon is now charging hard, and seems to have found his range, no longer relying on just his long jab. Alexander throws his first combination of the round at the bell, a 3 punch combination to the body.

Round 5
    For the first time in the fight, Alexander turns southpaw. He gets caught with a compact left hook on the ropes, but Alexander shakes it off and continues to move laterally while popping his jab off. Alexander eas a straight right hand, but once again continues slipping the punches of Alexander. Alexander seems tired now, and is trying to time Witherspoon coming in. Witherspoon is now utilizing his uppercut, using it to get inside. Witherspoon is working the body for the first time this fight, and Alexander might be breaking down. This was Witherspoon’s best round.

Round 6
    Just past the halfway mark, both fighters meet in the middle of the ring. The fight takes an immediate break for tape issues on Alexander’s right hand. Witherspoon is really doing his best in charging straight ahead. For the first time since round three, Alexander is making an effort on the inside to push Witherspoon back. Alexander is really making Witherspoon miss, but his punch output has dropped severely while Witherspoon remains a constant 80 punches a round. Alexander’s effort to push back Witherspoon has failed and he seems to be intent on merely slipping Witherspoon’s punches.

Round 7
    Witherspoon opens up pouring the punches on Alexander, coming forward landing flush with his uppercuts, Alexander is flat on his feet. The inside fighting with the bigger Witherspoon in the early rounds seems to have taken it’s toll on Alexander, as he isn’t throwing anymore then ten punches a round at this point. Witherspoon might be looking to end it, as he is fighting a slipping duck. Alexander is coming on a little bit now, pushing Witherspoon against the ropes and slamming to the body. Witherspoon fights back though and is once again outworking Alexander. Alexander is out on his feet while Witherspoon seems to throw more and more punches every round. Alexander has stopped moving laterally and is moving straight back, allowing Witherspoon to land.

Round 8
    Alexander comes out jabbing in his southpaw stance, but he still isn’t circling Witherspoon. Witherspoon lands a very big uppercut in the opening seconds of the round and Alexander barely manages to survive an onslaught of punches. Witherspoon’s power, or lack thereof, seems to be the reason Alexander is still in the ring, but Witherspoon continues to remain steady with good work to the body and uppercuts. The round ends with a touch of gloves. This is now Witherspoon’s fight to lose.

Round 9
    Both fighters come out with open mouths, but Witherspoon is the quicker to the center of the ring. A break is called for a break in time to sweep up ice. Alexander needs a second wind, that might have been his time to realize it. Alexander starts the round once again covering up on the inside without throwing much of anything of his own. Witherspoon is dominating at this point, just barreling through Alexander. This fight might be stopped here, as Witherspoon’s punch output is growing continuously and he is constantly backing Alexander up and throwing punch after punch. The round closes with a clinch. Alexander has looked to be in discomfort since round five. He needs a knockout to win the fight at this point, despite an impressive first three rounds.

Round 10
    The tenth and final round of this heavyweight showdown begins with Witherspoon fighting out of a clinch. Alexander gets caught with a counter left hand that stunts any effort of an Alexander comeback. He is just to tired. Witherspoon is jumping allover Alexander. Alexander simply has no answer for the Chazz. Witherspoon’s performance from the fourth round on has been simply dominant. The fight closes with the two clashing on the inside. It was entertaining for the first four rounds before it became a one sided fight in favor of Witherspoon.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chazz Witherspoon Is A Heavyweight?

I think Chazz is a good prospect. To bad he dosn't have Tim's right hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

chazz is garbage, not enough power

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rodney081
    He's a good not great prospect. And he ain't garbage. By the way, let me take that 0 off your hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    He's a good not great prospect. And he ain't garbage. By the way, let me take that 0 off your hands.
    \

Gee Demise, all these cool clicks I give you to try and brighten up your good / sad click ratio and you still don't learn. LOL
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat
    \

Gee Demise, all these cool clicks I give you to try and brighten up your good / sad click ratio and you still don't learn. LOL
    Come on he deserved it. Chazz ain't Tim but I wouldn't call him garbage either. By the way, you probaley the only big name in this forum who I can't remember sc ing all that much, if it at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

\

Come on he deserved it. Chazz ain't Tim but I wouldn't call him garbage either. By the way, you probaley the only big name in this forum who I can't remember sc ing all that much, if it at all.
    Somebodies turnin into a softie.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm just glad he has a degree in pharmaceutical marketing

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    \

Somebodies turnin into a softie.
    How's this for softie, Take back your 96. And to think I cc you earlier on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

\

I try not to sad click people but used to let them know I did. So yeah I don't think I ever did sad click you because even though you are blunt, you're honest about your opinions and don't back down. Now if we could teach boxers to fight that way boxing would be a hell of a lot more exciting don't you think?
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

El Kabong Guest

I like Chazz, his power will continue to develop he's only 24. I don't mean all of a sudden he'll be punching like David Tua but he'll learn to use what he has better and it'll end up KO-ing more opponents.

I have liked Chazz since he won the Golden Gloves

FYI Jeff Lacy's brother is a heavyweight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Chazz was the best of last night's lot, but I am not in a hurry to see him box again. I was hoping the smaller Alexander would have it in him to carry on the whole fight and beat Chazz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I like Chazz, his power will continue to develop he's only 24. I don't mean all of a sudden he'll be punching like David Tua but he'll learn to use what he has better and it'll end up KO-ing more opponents.

whats his name?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

whats his name?
    Kenny I think. He's only an amatuer. His brother Daryl was the more talked about of the 3 but he got in trouble with the law.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    He sure didn't seem it Stamina just isn't an issue with him, or so it seems anyways. 100+ punches a round

I am DEFINITELY going to be keeping my eye on him. I don't care if he doesn't have much power, he is so fun to watch. Here was my round by round of his fight tonight.

Chazz Witherspoon Versus Mike Alexander

Round 1
    The fight starts off with both fighters meeting in the center and Witherspoon immediately popping off with a straight right hand. The much taller Witherspoon is the more busy of the two in the early going, jabbing to the body and throwing straight rights upstairs. Alexander is on the inside jabbing to the head. Both fighters are avoiding each other’s punches, and both are very busy. Witherspoon lands a booming straight right hand to the body two minutes through the round. Alexander is beginning to flurry and move, and having success doing so. He is making Witherspoon follow him around the ring and then sticking and moving. Witherspoon isn’t doing so bad himself, working well with the jab. Alexander got the better of Witherspoon that round, staying very busy and putting together combinations.

Round 2
    After an action packed first round, Witherspoon starts this round by jabbing Alexander from the outside. Alexander is fighting very smart, staying out of Witherspoon’s wheelhouse, staying inside or outside. Witherspoon hasn’t been able to put together much of anything after the jab, as Alexander is doing a tremendous job of moving laterally. With thirty seconds left in the round, Alexander lands a big straight right hand that gets Witherspoon’s attention. Witherspoon is very hesitant, as the smaller, faster Alexander is doing numbers behind a jab and good movement.

Round 3
    Alexander is befuddling through two rounds. Alexander opens the round with a lunging jab that gets him clocked with a counter straight right hand. Alexander seems to be fatiguing now, allowing the ring to be cut off and pushed back by Witherspoon. Both of these fighters have a very big punch output, but Witherspoon still seems a bit hesitant in following up the jab. Witherspoon lands his best punch of the night with thirty seconds left in the round, a right uppercut that hurts Alexander. Alexander slips his way out of trouble and the round ends with Witherspoon charging Alexander with the jab.

Round 4
    Witherspoon seems to have turned up the volume on the fight, following up his jab with an assortment of hooks and straight rights. Alexander’s punching has slowed, as he is no longer throwing punches in clusters and combinations, merely trying to fend off the hard charging Witherspoon with his jab. Witherspoon is now charging hard, and seems to have found his range, no longer relying on just his long jab. Alexander throws his first combination of the round at the bell, a 3 punch combination to the body.

Round 5
    For the first time in the fight, Alexander turns southpaw. He gets caught with a compact left hook on the ropes, but Alexander shakes it off and continues to move laterally while popping his jab off. Alexander eas a straight right hand, but once again continues slipping the punches of Alexander. Alexander seems tired now, and is trying to time Witherspoon coming in. Witherspoon is now utilizing his uppercut, using it to get inside. Witherspoon is working the body for the first time this fight, and Alexander might be breaking down. This was Witherspoon’s best round.

Round 6
    Just past the halfway mark, both fighters meet in the middle of the ring. The fight takes an immediate break for tape issues on Alexander’s right hand. Witherspoon is really doing his best in charging straight ahead. For the first time since round three, Alexander is making an effort on the inside to push Witherspoon back. Alexander is really making Witherspoon miss, but his punch output has dropped severely while Witherspoon remains a constant 80 punches a round. Alexander’s effort to push back Witherspoon has failed and he seems to be intent on merely slipping Witherspoon’s punches.

Round 7
    Witherspoon opens up pouring the punches on Alexander, coming forward landing flush with his uppercuts, Alexander is flat on his feet. The inside fighting with the bigger Witherspoon in the early rounds seems to have taken it’s toll on Alexander, as he isn’t throwing anymore then ten punches a round at this point. Witherspoon might be looking to end it, as he is fighting a slipping duck. Alexander is coming on a little bit now, pushing Witherspoon against the ropes and slamming to the body. Witherspoon fights back though and is once again outworking Alexander. Alexander is out on his feet while Witherspoon seems to throw more and more punches every round. Alexander has stopped moving laterally and is moving straight back, allowing Witherspoon to land.

Round 8
    Alexander comes out jabbing in his southpaw stance, but he still isn’t circling Witherspoon. Witherspoon lands a very big uppercut in the opening seconds of the round and Alexander barely manages to survive an onslaught of punches. Witherspoon’s power, or lack thereof, seems to be the reason Alexander is still in the ring, but Witherspoon continues to remain steady with good work to the body and uppercuts. The round ends with a touch of gloves. This is now Witherspoon’s fight to lose.

Round 9
    Both fighters come out with open mouths, but Witherspoon is the quicker to the center of the ring. A break is called for a break in time to sweep up ice. Alexander needs a second wind, that might have been his time to realize it. Alexander starts the round once again covering up on the inside without throwing much of anything of his own. Witherspoon is dominating at this point, just barreling through Alexander. This fight might be stopped here, as Witherspoon’s punch output is growing continuously and he is constantly backing Alexander up and throwing punch after punch. The round closes with a clinch. Alexander has looked to be in discomfort since round five. He needs a knockout to win the fight at this point, despite an impressive first three rounds.

Round 10
    The tenth and final round of this heavyweight showdown begins with Witherspoon fighting out of a clinch. Alexander gets caught with a counter left hand that stunts any effort of an Alexander comeback. He is just to tired. Witherspoon is jumping allover Alexander. Alexander simply has no answer for the Chazz. Witherspoon’s performance from the fourth round on has been simply dominant. The fight closes with the two clashing on the inside. It was entertaining for the first four rounds before it became a one sided fight in favor of Witherspoon.
    Agreed ! when you come in correct the by product is a great fight for the fans.

Promoters put weight limits on your Heavyweights, in the contract ! , make them come in correct and we can turn this Division back into something. The fans deserve it !

Thread Information