Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweather

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweather

The date is in place.

The money is unbelievable.

Oscar has confirmed he's done this year.

Floyd has no other fight lined up.

....Yet still he says no?

All i can say is:-

1) He sh*t scared of Margarito

or

2) There is another big name in the picture with bigger bucks

I hope it's the latter !

One things for sure - Margarito is a tough SOAB with high volume and tremendous punching power and is dangerous and hungry. He could roll straight through Floyd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by CityOfGod
    The date is in place.

or

I hope it's the latter !

One things for sure - Margarito is a tough SOAB with high volume and tremendous punching power and is dangerous and hungry. He could roll straight through Floyd.

Brilliantly put brother.Clear,concise,have a cool click on me. However,we will find out which answer it is when we find out the winner of Vargas/Mosley but even then,no way would Mayweather get $8million.And dam straight,he may be lacking technically but when you throw an avalanch of power punches,backed up with a solid jab and good counter punching and termendous size and a decent chin,you're a handful for anyone. If PBF does not fight Tony,I hope Margarito knocks out a few names and calls him out again because I'll be honest,at 147,I think Tony beats the shat out everyone apart from maybe Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    The date is in place.

or

I hope it's the latter !

Brilliantly put brother.Clear,concise,have a cool click on me. However,we will find out which answer it is when we find out the winner of Vargas/Mosley but even then,no way would Mayweather get $8million.And dam straight,he may be lacking technically but when you throw an avalanch of power punches,backed up with a solid jab and good counter punching and termendous size and a decent chin,you're a handful for anyone. If PBF does not fight Tony,I hope Margarito knocks out a few names and calls him out again because I'll be honest,at 147,I think Tony beats the shat out everyone apart from maybe Floyd.

i read somewhere (forgive me for not having a source) that zab wants margarito.....
    that would be a great fight, and i would happily attend it, if it were here
    if tony beats zab, or somebody of that caliber, then he should get a shot to fight floyd

what if tomorrow they offered floyd 9 million to fight paul williams (i like him personally)

would floyd be ducking if he didnt take that fight?
    imo he wants a medium of money and recognition/glory

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahaha,but Frozen solid bro,that's besides the point.Williams did not and will not be able to offer that much $$$>Arum is smart,he knows Tony will test Floyd and also,he will become more of a known name after the performance he puts in,which is why Arum is willing to invest so heavily in the fight.
    I also read on Boxingtalk.com that Zab wants Tony but that was just writtenm by one guy,no source,nothing. I'd love to see that fight,to see Zab get ko'ed.Naaa,it would be a good fight and it's a name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Hahaha,but Frozen solid bro,that's besides the point.Williams did not and will not be able to offer that much $$$>Arum is smart,he knows Tony will test Floyd and also,he will become more of a known name after the performance he puts in,which is why Arum is willing to invest so heavily in the fight.
    I also read on Boxingtalk.com that Zab wants Tony but that was just writtenm by one guy,no source,nothing. I'd love to see that fight,to see Zab get ko'ed.Naaa,it would be a good fight and it's a name.

yeah.........to tell you the truth, im kinda getting caught up in all this margarito hype.
    i wanna see him fight
    but there are bigger fights i would like to see for floyd
    but you bet your ass i would pay to see him and margarito, in person if it happens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I admit,Tony can look sloppy at times but recently,he has looked really good and I was really impressed with the way he took on the role of the puncher against a guy nearly everyone was hyping as the next Tito (Cintron). I just see his size,power punching and sheer leather combined with jab and body work giving PBF alot of problems. He's just getting attention now,but he is a good fighter and like I said,I honestly believe that he can beat anyone else at WW,it's just most won't fight him!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back Game

The red mist descends when i read about this.

IF he is as good and courageous as people say - i'm yet to see it.

If a man is taking a serious shellacking, which Tony can dish out, what does he do??

It's down to heart - and i think Mayweather, with his posse and bling may not have enough.

Like Tszyu said after flattening Zab - "He was like little boy, he needed lots of people around him, telling him he was great, he was number 1 - but in the ring his friends aren't there - ONLY ME!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow,cool Tszyu quote!!! There's a big difference between PBF and Zab though but I see your point.May I just ask,why do you question Floyd? I mean,don't you think he is talented?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hell yeah he's talented.

But it's like an old warrior code - Respect.

Tszyu and Hatton have it, B-hop has and so does Oscar, Lennox Lewis, Holyfield...

The aforementioned were tremendous fighters - without the need for sh*t.

Ali was a good guy - extremely outspoken but in touch with the fans and the people - and funny too.

Wheras Floyd just ain't likeable - with his petty crimes, petty trash talk and disrespect to other fighters. Riding around in his bentley rubbing peoples nose in his 'talent' and his 'wealth' - he's just a jerk.

I can see straight through his 'i'm a changed man' crap no problems.

I forecast he'll not fight anyone decent again - no more risks for Floyd.

Thats why he's chasing fighters who've seen better days - Hoya, Mosley.... $$ not great fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hell yeah he's talented.

Tszyu and Hatton have it, B-hop has and so does Oscar, Lennox Lewis, Holyfield...

Ali was a good guy - extremely outspoken but in touch with the fans and the people - and funny too.

Wheras Floyd just ain't likeable - with his petty crimes, petty trash talk and disrespect to other fighters. Riding around in his bentley rubbing peoples nose in his 'talent' and his 'wealth' - he's just a jerk.

Thats why he's chasing fighters who've seen better days - Hoya, Mosley.... $$ not great fights.

is it safe to say that your boy hatton is ducking him, though??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't say Hatton was ducking PBF,maybe it was timing,maybe it was $$$ etc etc because Ricky does not come across as the type of fighter to duck Floyd! Maybe there are details we are unaware of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back Game

The red mist descends when i read about this.

IF he is as good and courageous as people say - i'm yet to see it.

If a man is taking a serious shellacking, which Tony can dish out, what does he do??

It's down to heart - and i think Mayweather, with his posse and bling may not have enough.

Like Tszyu said after flattening Zab - "He was like little boy, he needed lots of people around him, telling him he was great, he was number 1 - but in the ring his friends aren't there - ONLY ME!"
    That's cool, you know Zab was running his mouth before the fight calling Tszyu a plodding Frankenstein fighter with no skills.. I love watching Zab get that A$$ tapped ! for the Tszyu quote !

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hell yeah he's talented.

How does Hatton have it? If he's ducking Mayweather and now it looks like he's going back on his word on giving Collazo a rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Hell yeah he's talented.

How does Hatton have it? If he's ducking Mayweather and now it looks like he's going back on his word on giving Collazo a rematch.
    Ricky does not belong in that 147 weight class. He will get smoked up there. He need to stay at 140. the fact he did as well as he did in that last fight was amazing that guy Collazo was so much bigger then Hatton .

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Hell yeah he's talented.

Thats why he's chasing fighters who've seen better days - Hoya, Mosley.... $ not great fights.

How does Hatton have it?  If he's ducking Mayweather and now it looks like he's going back on his word on giving Collazo a rematch.
    Ricky does not belong in that 147 weight class. He will get smoked up there. He need to stay at 140.   the fact he did as well as he did in that last fight was amazing that guy Collazo was so much bigger then Hatton .
    Than he should of kept his mouth shut and never said he would rematch Collazo

Thread Information