Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweather

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Who has Margarito fought in the last 3 years, that makes him so worthy?
    So? 8mill, another belt, Whats the problem? right now sum1 else out there better for his record? nope... right now sum1 else out there to earn him more $$$? nope...

(not directly at you VD.. (bbtw u must hate when people just use your initials:P))
    Btw hatton works on his head movment, floyd wouldn't last until the 12th round^^

floyd has a belt at 147 already, bro

hmmmm...................margarito (never beat or fought ANYBODY, except for 2 rising prospects, at 147 for the the bad-ass wbo title )

or

somebody that might add to his legacy (spinks, mosely, or somebody that is an established fighter)

margarito for 8 mil??

or.................................

somebody like spinks (who holds a belt in a HIGHER/next level class) and get 5-6 mil, or sugar shane mosely?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    So? 8mill, another belt, Whats the problem? right now sum1 else out there better for his record? nope... right now sum1 else out there to earn him more $$$? nope...

(not directly at you VD.. (bbtw u must hate when people just use your initials:P))
    Btw hatton works on his head movment, floyd wouldn't last until the 12th round^^

hmmmm...................margarito (never beat or fought ANYBODY, except for 2 rising prospects, at 147 for the the bad-a** wbo title )

or

somebody that might add to his legacy (spinks, mosely, or somebody that is an established fighter)

margarito for 8 mil??

somebody like spinks (who holds a belt in a HIGHER/next level class) and get 5-6 mil, or sugar shane mosely?

Why have one when he can have 2? didn't stop hopkins fighting trinidad did it? even tho trinidad was the oddsssss on to win (some how) hopkins believed he cud beat him, done it added another belt, didnt stop him adding more either, lacy had a belt, right then you would be hard pressed to find an american who wud give calzaghe the time of day, but lacy went for another belt, another win, ok didn;t work out but he had the go-betweens to try it...

Or maybe PBf doesn't want another belt, coz that will open up a whole new line of fighters he would be froced to fight..

and sugar shane, bro hes fighting this week, floyd has had more than enough time to get a fight sorted 'bank' this $8mill and lave him self wide open for a fight with shane. you say 8mill or.. i say 8mill AND whos to say he wud get more than a few mill for fighting shane? shane aint won his fight yet, what if he gets lucky? what if people get so sucked off at PBF for 'ducking' this fight he don't get the fan base to pay that kinda money..

there are alot of Ifs, but answer me this, What proper reason has floyd got for not taking this fight with toni? i don't honestly care who either fighter has fought prior to this, the money is there, toni is there, the stage is set, the hype has been built; ther eis just one thing missing.... Floyd

I know alot of people say "ah well if/when floyd beats toni people will be all bla bla he was a bum anyhow" better to prove a point and bank $8mill than, not take the money and always have that over your head... 'coz when its all said and done, the dust has settled, the ring is cleard and floyd hangs his gloves up, if he doesn't take this fight, it will b a blemish on his record no fighter would want, and no fan would want their fighter having it either

IMO front up or shut up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweat

I really do not rate Margarito that big but he is Game. What I see is that you just said for 5 or 6 mil to fight a 154 guy instead of fighting a 147 bigger Payday 8mil and more PPV than spinks? does that makes sense? NO.

I think that PBF has to restart himself again in this new Weigh or any new weigh to be again the great in us Fans.
    Don't get me wrong I love the guy abilities and what he has done at 135 and below because he only beat Gatti at 140 but we can say that he(GAtti) is kind of shot(who knows if he beats Baldomir). The only option he might had to avoid Margarito is to wait IF and only IF Mosley wins the rematch so he can have a crack of him for what I think that at this time Mosley is still a thread.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote =lyle]
    They say Mayweathers next opponent is suppose to bring him more than 8 mill. If true, why fight Margarito?
    [/quote]

If that is ture then i am looking forward to seeing his next 2 fights..

I did say few pages back, not to judge floyd just yet, this could be all part of a master plan, ill give him 2 fights before i personaly will form an opinion on him. I was just answering the question at hand now; As of right now in the coming moths unless ODLH is keeping sumin form us, aint none out there for him to make that money, or would do more for his record than toni.. Hatton/cotto maybe.

Anyone else has fights coming up and floyd has had the chance to get it sorted, beat toni and be ready for the likes of sugar shane, or whomever else would be such a name to have on his cord other than tonis, or such a name to generate that type of money..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hmmmm...................margarito (never beat or fought ANYBODY, except for 2 rising prospects, at 147 for the the bad-a** wbo title )

or

margarito for 8 mil??

Why have one when he can have 2? didn't stop hopkins fighting trinidad did it? even tho trinidad was the oddsssss on to win (some how) hopkins believed he cud beat him, done it added another belt, didnt stop him adding more either, lacy had a belt, right then you would be hard pressed to find an american who wud give calzaghe the time of day, but lacy went for another belt, another win, ok didn;t work out but he had the go-betweens to try it...

Or maybe PBf doesn't want another belt, coz that will open up a whole new line of fighters he would be froced to fight..

and sugar shane, bro hes fighting this week, floyd has had more than enough time to get a fight sorted 'bank' this $8mill and lave him self wide open for a fight with shane. you say 8mill or.. i say 8mill AND whos to say he wud get more than a few mill for fighting shane? shane aint won his fight yet, what if he gets lucky? what if people get so sucked off at PBF for 'ducking' this fight he don't get the fan base to pay that kinda money..

there are alot of Ifs, but answer me this, What proper reason has floyd got for not taking this fight with toni? i don't honestly care who either fighter has fought prior to this, the money is there, toni is there, the stage is set, the hype has been built; ther eis just one thing missing.... Floyd

I know alot of people say "ah well if/when floyd beats toni people will be all bla bla he was a bum anyhow" better to prove a point and bank $8mill than, not take the money and always have that over your head... 'coz when its all said and done, the dust has settled, the ring is cleard and floyd hangs his gloves up, if he doesn't take this fight, it will b a blemish on his record no fighter would want, and no fan would want their fighter having it either

IMO front up or shut up.

first of all...........

you are waaaaaaaaaay out of your league, you little punk. Obviously, you havent done any research on this topic before you tried to make your case with me.

Allow me to educate you...........

#1) Team Shane Mosely said the only way this fight could happen before the end of this year is if the purse was at parity (that means 50/50, fool) which means IT IS STILL A POSSIBILITY (and a much more lucrative fight for pbf)

#2) Can you tell me where you heard Floyd Mayweather TURN DOWN a fight with Margarito??
    You can't?
    Thats because you're an idiot, and he hasn't

#3) What do you think is worth more?

8 million dollars for fighting the WBO Champ?

or............................

Becoming the first fighter IN HISTORY to win 5 world titles, in 5 different weight classes before the age of 30, and making 5-6 mil

please answer those questions for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweat

Personally
    I don't care much about divisions. I will prefer to get the most money I can In the division that pays the $$$$$$$.

As some say.... If he beat tony(supposedly and easy fight) ha has 8 mil plus PPV, and then Fight Hatton (whoI thing he wants to fight 2 more times I rad somewhere and not facing PBF or Cotto) and generate around 12mil (Another supposedly easy fight)and then Fight Cotto( supposedly the Easiest one) and generate like 14 mil.

Common there is 38 mil in a year and later that is done he fights ODLH and generate 23 mil more or something.

COMMON PBF YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And then you will always ge 20 mil for all your next fight.

But remember you have to win all those supposedly easy fights.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

first of all...........

you are waaaaaaaaaay out of your league, you little punk. Obviously, you havent done any research on this topic before you tried to make your case with me.

#1) Team Shane Mosely said the only way this fight could happen before the end of this year is if the purse was at parity (that means 50/50, fool) which means IT IS STILL A POSSIBILITY (and a much more lucrative fight for pbf)

#2) Can you tell me where you heard Floyd Mayweather TURN DOWN a fight with Margarito??
    You can't?

Becoming the first fighter IN HISTORY to win 5 world titles, in 5 different weight classes before the age of 30, and making 5-6 mil

Can you tell me where i stated he HAS turned down the fight? i said prio to my post i would give him the benefit of the doubt and see who the next 2 fighters are.

Didn't shane personaly come out and say for PBF and toni to get it on for him to fight the winner? was it not also said after this coming fight he (shane) would 100% certainly move back down to 147?

and for the second time of asking, is it not worth more to bank the 8million, then beat shane? why have one bite of the cheery when you can have 2?

But again refer to my posts that i made before and after the one you decided name calling was needed because of it...

I said i neither like, nor do i disslike PBF, i am more than happy to w8 for his next few fights to see just what he does...

But you talk about this 5-6 mill pay day for mosley, you talk about him beating him for a belt, you talk as if shane has already won his coming fight, has already put pen to paper with floyd, when the fact of the matter is its pure guess work and speculation... what fighters do, and what fighters say they will do are, often, very different.

I mean you quoted me first arguing the fact that he has one belt so has no need of another, the fact toni hasn't beaten great fighters

and then asked if it would be better if he was to face shane, spinks or (lol) 'somebody'

i just simply suggested wouldn't it be better to have 2 belts rather than one? wudn;t it be better for him now to take that 8million, get rid of the blemish that could follow him the rest of his career, leaving him self ample time to fight mosley, spinks or 'somebody'

Then you feel the need to try and insult with things like 'punk' and 'idiot' - when the truth is you have only thrown one actualy fact at me, thats toni doesn't have any real world class fighters on his record as of yet... if every world class fighter said that to him then how the hell is he ever going to get another chance to fight one?

(btw if u still feel the need to insult me, feel free do it in pms, in a good thread such as this, it just turns things ugly and spoils the whole thread for everyone)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

first of all...........

You can't?

Can you tell me where i stated he HAS turned down the fight? i said prio to my post i would give him the benefit of the doubt and see who the next 2 fighters are.

Didn't shane personaly come out and say for PBF and toni to get it on for him to fight the winner? was it not also said after this coming fight he (shane) would 100% certainly move back down to 147?

and for the second time of asking, is it not worth more to bank the 8million, then beat shane? why have one bite of the cheery when you can have 2?

But again refer to my posts that i made before and after the one you decided name calling was needed because of it...

I said i neither like, nor do i disslike PBF, i am more than happy to w8 for his next few fights to see just what he does...

But you talk about this 5-6 mill pay day for mosley, you talk about him beating him for a belt, you talk as if shane has already won his coming fight, has already put pen to paper with floyd, when the fact of the matter is its pure guess work and speculation... what fighters do, and what fighters say they will do are, often, very different.

I mean you quoted me first arguing the fact that he has one belt so has no need of another, the fact toni hasn't beaten great fighters

and then asked if it would be better if he was to face shane, spinks or (lol) 'somebody'

i just simply suggested wouldn't it be better to have 2 belts rather than one? wudn;t it be better for him now to take that 8million, get rid of the blemish that could follow him the rest of his career, leaving him self ample time to fight mosley, spinks or 'somebody'

Then you feel the need to try and insult with things like 'punk' and 'idiot' - when the truth is you have only thrown one actualy fact at me, thats toni doesn't have any real world class fighters on his record as of yet... if every world class fighter said that to him then how the hell is he ever going to get another chance to fight one?

(btw if u still feel the need to insult me, feel free do it in pms, in a good thread such as this, it just turns things ugly and spoils the whole thread for everyone)

i apoligize for the bs and disrespect

heres the thing,

for YEARS floyds "dream" has been to capture 5 different world titles in 5 different weight classes by the age of 30 (and being the first fighter in the history of boxing to do so)

i am aware that i am a biased ass floyd fan , but this is the truth................hes been talking this up for YEARS

obviously, spinks won the belt recently at 154

this is probably floyds last chance(Feb. 24, 2007 he turns 30)to accomplish this feat

i have been drinking tonight..... please excuse me

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

first of all...........

You can't?

i apoligize for the bs and disrespect

heres the thing,

for YEARS floyds "dream" has been to capture 5 different world titles in 5 different weight classes by the age of 30 (and being the first fighter in the history of boxing to do so)

i am aware that i am a biased ass floyd fan , but this is the truth................hes been talking this up for YEARS

obviously, spinks won the belt recently at 154

this is probably floyds last chance(Feb. 24, 2007 he turns 30)to accomplish this feat

i have been drinking tonight..... please excuse me
    So you been drinking, huh. That's still no excuse for apolagizing.

Thread Information