Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Kessler beat Beyer and Unify

Quote Originally Posted by CityOfGod
    He handled everything that mundine tried and beat him convincingly.
    He did well against Mundine...but I don't rate Mundine all that highly...unless you want to break out the prick-o-meter...then Mundine registers offa the charts!

Although he isn't an all action showman - he's owns an Awsome, marauding style with a superb jab and blistering power.
    Kessler does good when he's the presser. Amazing jab & an even better right hand to follow.

How he makes the weight i'm not sure of - 168?? have you seen him ? 6'1 and like a brick-sh*thouse.
    Seen every fight but 2 of Kess's. Big fan of the kid's...he is a bit large for his weight. He needs to move up to 175 after he beats Beyer.

Calzaghe would win as long as he didn't ship a big punch or his hand packed up on him - there's no way he would jab him all night like Ashira if the hand went.
    Calzaghe would definently win. Kess does not do well against a volume puncher...that showed against Mundine when he was in the fight long enough to unload. Kess does not do well on the back foot.

Carl Froch would be a very interesting match-up - as Carl is packing power and the amount of punches he eats, almost borders on kinky !
    He'd kill Froch...atleast I can hope.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxing News
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    DANE KESSLER IS BEAT BY NO MAN!

at least none of the bums he has been fighting...I don't rate Beyer that highly. 168 is one of those divisions where there are a couple good fighters, a couple good prospects, but other than that you have to look at 160 or 175 to find tough fights that are worth while.
    175 is one of the very weakest divisions at the moment, but of course their are no good Americans in SMW if that is what you suggest.....

Kessler fighting nothing but bums? Well, when Kessler has fought Beyer in October he has fought the Ring’s #2 and two times the Ring’s #3 and one of them abroad.

Could you name another boxer in SMW, who has met top 3 (rated by the Ring) boxers three times out of the last four times he has fought and that is in only 22 months?
    ROYAL!!!! Good to see you back! I havent gotten the opportunity to SC anybody today so thanks for coming in and givine me a name to SC. Joe would kill kessler. If Kessler beats Beyer then I think Joe should take the fight. It would be a good bout for his legacy to be the undisputed unified champ of the 168 division.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC wacko

Fair comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe and Lacy were when they met #1 and #2 in the world, thus Calzaghe became World Champion when he beat Lacy.

Kessler can beat every other 168lber on the planet, as long as Calzaghe remains in the division without a losing a fight, he will stay World Champion until he retires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BK
    Calzaghe and Lacy were when they met #1 and #2 in the world, thus Calzaghe became World Champion when he beat Lacy.

Kessler can beat every other 168lber on the planet, as long as Calzaghe remains in the division without a losing a fight, he will stay World Champion until he retires.
    Good point BK, cc.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy #2 in the world - by doing what? Losing worse than Ashira to Calzaghe or almost draw against Omar, who lost every single round to Beyer? I can’t remember a fighter doing worse against Calzaghe than Lacy, but he should be #2 at the time they fought? That is very funny.

He has never been ranked higher than #3 by the Ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy #2 in the world - by doing what? Losing worse than Ashira to Calzaghe or almost draw against Omar, who lost every single round to Beyer? I can’t remember a fighter doing worse against Calzaghe than Lacy, but he should be #2 at the time they fought? That is very funny.

He has never been ranked higher than #3 by the Ring.
    Actually he was most peoples #1 going into the Calzaghe fight...

As for The Ring, well believe it or not, like you and me, that is merely an opinion. Ratings are purely subjective, but when a universal World Champion is created, simple rules apply, a Champion can lose the Championship on the scales, in the ring or via retirement.

Calzaghe is World Champion at 168lbs and has yet to lose, thus no matter what the result is of a Kessler/Beyer bout, Calzaghe remains champ until he breaks one of them three simple rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Actually he was most peoples #1 going into the Calzaghe fight..."

Yes, do not tell me - I will never forget those 18 months when a lot of boxing fans had gone mad and actually thought that Lacy could box and be more than a funny quote in SMW boxing.

It was like most boxing fans were blind…..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well luckily my eye sight came back on 4th March 2006, just in time to see a primed Calzaghe performance, I was not expecting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well luckily my eye sight came back on 4th March 2006, just in time to see a primed Calzaghe performance, I was not expecting

Thread Information