Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why ODLH and Winky won't fight each other?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why ODLH and Winky won't fight each other?

Does Oscar really want to be out with a supperior legacy? Here is your chance Boy.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why ODLH and Winky won't fight each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    Does Oscar really want to be out with a supperior legacy? Here is your chance Boy.
    Ah, I think Wright needs De La Hoya a lot more than De La Hoya needs him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's waaaaaaay tooooooo smart to go out like !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt it. DLH has two losses at Middleweight and Winky has fought Jermain Taylor and come a lot close to winning the undisputed middleweight championship then DLH did. And lets not forget Oscar avoided him for the longest. Oscar doesn't need Winky for legacy because Oscar could sell an arena with or without him. But the boxing world needs Wright more then it does DLH imo at this point.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    I doubt it. DLH has two losses at Middleweight and Winky has fought Jermain Taylor and come a lot close to winning the undisputed middleweight championship then DLH did. And lets not forget Oscar avoided him for the longest. Oscar doesn't need Winky for legacy because Oscar could sell an arena with or without him. But the boxing world needs Wright more then it does DLH imo at this point.
    That's the only thing I was talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as far as legacy goes Winky has nothing to prove ....ODLH has known for years that he couldn't compete with the likes of WINKY ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the problem with boxing...Legacy is based on selling out arenas....instead of who's the best....Winky would beat Oscar like he has never been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fatsandy
    That's the problem with boxing...Legacy is based on selling out arenas....instead of who's the best....Winky would beat Oscar like he has never been.
    Thats because people no longer want to see 'boxing' they just want to see formless slugging at each other until one goes down. People have started to not appreciate boxing for what it is, the art of hitting and not being hit and would rather see two formless fighters get world title shots for not having skill but for bleeding and winning every fight.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats because people no longer want to see 'boxing' they just want to see formless slugging at each other until one goes down. People have started to not appreciate boxing for what it is, the art of hitting and not being hit and would rather see two formless fighters get world title shots for not having skill but for bleeding and winning every fight.
    Come on sweetheart. Like you didn't enjoy Corrales-Castillo 1. There was no boxing in that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I totally agree with both those last posts...And still-Winky would DOMINATE oscar like a kid!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Come on sweetheart. Like you didn't enjoy Corrales-Castillo 1. There was no boxing in that.
    of course! I'm just saying that some people are more skilled and sometimes they'd rather spend money on people that go out there and get their head beat in and call that boxing rather then the true boxers out there who have a lot of skill but don't get the primetime because they aren't "exciting" in everyone else's eyes. Someone like Arturo Gatti can sell out an arena anywhere he goes. But someone like Floyd Mayweather even though he's shown his superiority wouldn't sell out an arena as fast or as quick as Arturo Gatti and the opponent matters with him it doesn't with Gatti. I was just getting at that. I love slugfests as much as any boxing fan but there are some boxers out there that deserve a chance but aren't getting it because of who they are and how they fight compared to all the 'wars' like Winky Wright went through for a while.

El Kabong Guest

Winky is ALL WRONG for Oscar plus he's too big....Winky SHOULD be able to handle Oscar but you never know, if I'm Winky I aim for big fights at 160-168

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure that I think Winky would be too big for Oscar...because I don't buy Winky as a 160lb fighter...you can only sell yourself as something your'e not for so long.

I like Winky at 154 & honestly...I think Oscar would do fine at 154...but...

Wright didn't get the Oscar fight all those years ago for one reason...the Vargas fight.

Wright would give Oscar the most trouble out of anyone out there due to the fact of the jab, defense, jab, defense, jab, jab, defense bit that he pulls all the time. Wright is no easy fighter to figure out.

Also...you have to take into effect that Mosley is faster than Oscar & Mosley didnt fair worth a fwock against Wright.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wright's gonna make anyone lok bad!!! Oscar at this point doesn't need Wright. I feel Wright would win as he always does with his boxing smarts... but I give DLH the best shot at beating Wright than anyone else out there at the moment
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I'm not sure that I think Winky would be too big for Oscar...because I don't buy Winky as a 160lb fighter...you can only sell yourself as something your'e not for so long.

I like Winky at 154 & honestly...I think Oscar would do fine at 154...but...

Wright didn't get the Oscar fight all those years ago for one reason...the Vargas fight.

Wright would give Oscar the most trouble out of anyone out there due to the fact of the jab, defense, jab, defense, jab, jab, defense bit that he pulls all the time. Wright is no easy fighter to figure out.

Also...you have to take into effect that Mosley is faster than Oscar & Mosley didnt fair worth a fwock against Wright.
    Yep I must agree, one of Feroz' finest performances. CC Wack

Thread Information