Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Evander Holyfield wants to fight Russian giant Nikolay Valuev

AP Sprots News -

Veteran boxer Evander Holyfield fancies his chances against Russia's new giant WBA heavyweight champion Nikolay Valuev.

43-year-old American Evander Holyfield, a former world heavyweight champion, said he was not worried about Nikolay Valuev's massive 7ft, 24st frame.

"I'm hoping that I get the opportunity to fight him," Evander Holyfield said. "It would be a good show.

"The art of the game of boxing is not so much the size but what you can do with what God's given you."

6ft 2in Evander Holyfield, who beat Mike Tyson twice in 1996 and 1997, believes he can overcome the giant boxer despite the significant height advantage.

"You can be big but if you can't fight, you don't have the punch or don't have the skills that are necessary then you're just another fighter," Evander Holyfield said.

"It's obvious that he'll get tired if you move a lot. I should have faster hands so I should be able to dot in and dot out and hit him with a lot of punches.

"He could throw one hard shot and that could be it - but you've got to not let him hit you and you've got to hit him."

Go Evander !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Evander Holyfield wants to fight Russian giant Nikolay Valuev

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    AP Sprots News -

Veteran boxer Evander Holyfield fancies his chances against Russia's new giant WBA heavyweight champion Nikolay Valuev.

43-year-old American Evander Holyfield, a former world heavyweight champion, said he was not worried about Nikolay Valuev's massive 7ft, 24st frame.

"I'm hoping that I get the opportunity to fight him," Evander Holyfield said. "It would be a good show.

"The art of the game of boxing is not so much the size but what you can do with what God's given you."

6ft 2in Evander Holyfield, who beat Mike Tyson twice in 1996 and 1997, believes he can overcome the giant boxer despite the significant height advantage.

"You can be big but if you can't fight, you don't have the punch or don't have the skills that are necessary then you're just another fighter," Evander Holyfield said.

"It's obvious that he'll get tired if you move a lot. I should have faster hands so I should be able to dot in and dot out and hit him with a lot of punches.

"He could throw one hard shot and that could be it - but you've got to not let him hit you and you've got to hit him."

Go Evander !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

What do you think I like Evander's chances.... well know more after his next fight on Fox...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has done enough and i wish he would retire, i dont want to see him hurt more..

But if he has to, knocking out the giant would give him the best most legendary exit any boxer has had i think.
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    He has done enough and i wish he would retire, i dont want to see him hurt more..

But if he has to, knocking out the giant would give him the best most legendary exit any boxer has had i think.
    Poom, it would not happen. Nikolai Valuev would play him like a toy and crush him to the canvus.
    Evander, you are rich, accomplished and revered by many. Why be humiliated by a young giant who does not have your aged, past glorious skills?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree ! I think it s winnable fight for Evander and it would seal the deal ! he could go out in Glory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Raeder

Poom, it would not happen. Nikolai Valuev would play him like a toy and crush him to the canvus.
    Evander, you are rich, accomplished and revered by many. Why be humiliated by a young giant who does not have your aged, past glorious skills?
    heh i do agree it wont happen, but just in theory it would be great.
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfields needs to give it up. Doesn't he remember he lost to Larry Donald? It would be a sparring session for Valuev
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy76
    Holyfields needs to give it up. Doesn't he remember he lost to Larry Donald? It would be a sparring session for Valuev
    Live in the past die in the past ! This is the new Evander ! A new version of an old Evander ! yeah but he also remebers he beat Bowe, and Tyson. and Valuev aint all that , i seen footage. He just Tall and have a great jab, but he don't move around that well. Evander would take him IMO Donald was quick on his feet. This guy is like quick sand slow feet wise

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Live in the past die in the past ! This is the new Evander ! A new version of an old Evander ! yeah but he also remebers he beat Bowe, and Tyson. and Valuev aint all that , i seen footage. He just Tall and have a great jab, but he don't move around that well. Evander would take him IMO Donald was quick on his feet. This guy is like quick sand slow feet wise
    Bro I know Valuev ain't sh*t, but Holyfield at this stage is laughable!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bro I know Valuev ain't sh*t, but Holyfield at this stage is laughable!!!
    O man don't say that, Evander was the shit, Lets give him one more chance at this ridiculous title Belt. I’ll trade Holyfield for Ruiz ! just no more Ruiz ever ! Please !!!!! LMFAO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

does holyfield have a visa to go fight in germany?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really dont understand why Holyfield continues to fight, when it is so blatently obvious that he has nothing left. I think Valuev would beat Evander and i really really dont even rate Valuev, its just a sign of how poor Evander has become.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank the lord for some people talking sense.

Can't people see past their enjoyment of Evander and his many great fights and realise the man is seriously risking his life (and his dignity) every time he steps through the ropes. I think even John Ruiz would dance around him at this stage in his career. The man should be stripped of any potential licence and be forced to retire, he's not thinking clearly any more.

People should want their heroes to retire with dignity, not stagger out for another beating as a shell of their former selves. Particularly considering even if he did beat Valuev it would be less than meaningless. Congratulations Evander you beat one of those worst champions in heavyweight history by virtue of throwing 14 punches in 12 rounds to Valuev's 9. Boxing doesn't need another freakshow like this. Tune into a few divisions below and start watching the real stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I can say is Evander if he fights Valuev is going to make him out to be a god... after Valuev beats a braindamaged 40+ year old "real deal" Holyfield. Its really a shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fraudley Harrison
    Thank the lord for some people talking sense.

Can't people see past their enjoyment of Evander and his many great fights and realise the man is seriously risking his life (and his dignity) every time he steps through the ropes. I think even John Ruiz would dance around him at this stage in his career. The man should be stripped of any potential licence and be forced to retire, he's not thinking clearly any more.

People should want their heroes to retire with dignity, not stagger out for another beating as a shell of their former selves. Particularly considering even if he did beat Valuev it would be less than meaningless. Congratulations Evander you beat one of those worst champions in heavyweight history by virtue of throwing 14 punches in 12 rounds to Valuev's 9. Boxing doesn't need another freakshow like this. Tune into a few divisions below and start watching the real stuff.
    Actually Cruiserweight it action packed. that just one division down. anyway how you going to strip a man from his ability to earn a living when he passes his medical exams? Evander has the right to fight on, and I want to see him do well. Hell this division is so weak I hear Frazier might be making a comeback ! LOL. Dude beating that 7'2 giant at 42 years of age would be a great accomplishment. And Evander can do it .

Thread Information