Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Guys who just plain suck

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D
    Care to explain why, Van? His punches are sloppy, and always just looping hooks. His jab is almost always pawing. His punches are never crisp, and when he punches, he's always been wide open to counters.

And Von, that Anderson "Spider" Silva guy looked great in his fight vs Leben. It was the first time I'd seen him, but from what I've heard, that was pretty much par for him.
    Chuck didn't beat Sobral, Ortiz, Couture, Monson, Horn, Overeem, Belfort, Metzger, Bustamante and Randleman by being lucky. He did it by being a great fighter. I always here people talk about how sloppy or poor MMA striking is in regards to boxing. They simply aren't the same thing. Traditional boxing techniques dont transcend directyl to MMA striking. Everything from ones stance to punching technique is varied. At the end of the day Chuck knocks people out. 11 of his 18 wins are by KO and 8 of them were from the list of fightres above. I hated watching Ruiz fight but you can't argue with results. Dissing someones striking ability when they have a 60% KO ratio is just silly. And to say he has no ground game is also baseless. Being good on the ground doesn't have to mean you are a submission artist. Chuck has one of the best sprawls in the game and is very difficult to take down, much less keep down. Chuck's great asset is his abilty to force fighters fight his game. He makes ground and pounders and submission artists stand up with him. This is why the Silva vs Chuck fight is so intriguing. Both guys are deadly standup fighters.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Firstly, I never said he sucked on the ground, I said I have yet to see anything resembling a ground game. He just stands up. I do agree he has an awesome sprawl. And once again, I agree that he makes people fight his fight, which is basically just a brawl. I really truly believe that if he faces someone who is patient with their strikes, that he will be KOd when hes throwing one of his bombs with his face wide open. I'm probably being hopeful, but I just really dont see HOW he keeps winning his fights.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

once in a while he'll throw a very straight right and win it with an innocent looking punch. a la vernon white.

Thread Information