Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets Intelligently BreakDown The Potential Calzaghe VS Jones jr Fight.......

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lets Intelligently BreakDown The Potential Calzaghe VS Jones jr Fight.......

I think its a interesting even money fight, But Im not going to sit on the fence I fancy either one to win it
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lets Intelligently BreakDown The Potential Calzaghe VS Jones jr Fight.......

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock

I think this is a good place to discuss this INTELLIGENTLY!!!(Opposed to just writing "Calzaghe will KTFO Jones")

If you feel your man will prevail tell us How and Why....What gives one fighters advantage over the other... Hopefully this will stimulate some good conversation and analyisis..
    I really want to argue/discuss this intelligently...but Wacko's been on the sauce already...so I doubt it comes across as what you want to be an intelligent conversation...

That being said...Calzaghe's style is all wrong for Roy right now IWO.

Calzaghe has rarely been hurt & when he was hurt...he wasn't ever in real jeopardy.

Roy's been flat out beaten down & in a big way...

Truly...hindsight being what it is...Tarver has beaten Roy every time that they have fought...at least from an unbiased fan of Jones.

Joe is a hell of a lot faster than Roy at this stage of his career & would pressure Roy pretty much all night long.

I admit that Roy looked beautiful against Badji...but as I said before...who the fwock is he?

Being a Roy fan...I'm also a realist...this is boxing...& while Jones won a fight...Roy aint back...sorry...he just aint.

Calzaghe is one of the most underratted fighters from an American standpoint in the world. There are too many of my fellow Yanks that pass judgement off of a few fights. Joe has faced some really really tuff opposition. Roy's faced some key fighters...but he's also faced a lot of cream puffs.

The only way that I see Joe losing this fight would be due to the weight. Calzaghe has stayed on top of 168lbs for 10 years for a reason...& it aint that he hasn't ever fought outside of England.

That excuse is played out & that very noose that my fellow pugilistic fanatics try to hang Joe with can be tightened around Roy's neck too.

The fact is (IWO) that this would be the best time in the world for Calzaghe to fight Jones & the worst time in the world for Jones to fight Calzaghe.

Joe is to fast & too accurate at this point in Jones' career & Jones chin & heart is still a bit of a question mark to me.

I love both of these fighters...but in boxing...you gotta pick with your mind instead of your heart & the shocking knockouts from two fighters of lesser caliber than Calzaghe make it an easy pick for Wacko.

I'd look for Calzaghe to take it over a long long 11 rounds & stop Jones in the end.

Truthfully...I'd love to see it happen now...even though I fear for Jones safety & well being...I just think it'd be beautiful to see 'em both square up against each other.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jtrock.

This should indeed stimulate some good conversation...as far as an analyisis or punch for punch call...gimmee some soberiety & I'll do me best...but that'll be a few days off.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    If this fight happens, it happens at 175. Calzaghe is no power puncher at 168, at 175 he'll be even less. Jones beats Calzaghe similiar to the way he beat Reggie Johnson. And I'll take any bet on it.
    I agree. Anybody can look impressive with a target in front of them, but I guess because Lacy had a world title he's better then Ajamu, Ajamu knew how to duck and Jones killed his body all night. Calzaghe can dodge wide hooks but he wouldn't dodge those body shots, would his stamina be so good after 8 rounds of a body attack from Jones, who also possesses something that Calzaghe hasn't faced in his last 3 fights, a jab.

I like Calzaghe but I think that Jones beats him, Joe is open for straights which Lacy never threw.

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

Being a Roy fan...I'm also a realist....

Are you a realist when it comes to Calzaghe? You think he's faster then Jones? And think Jones has a bad chin? Do you? Jones has only been down 3 times at the hands of big punching light heavyweights, and 2 were to his chin and 1 was to his temple. Joe has been down from twice by two super middleweights, and one of which who doesn't punch that hard. I think Joe's chin is in question too.

I think its all question marks, and the ones who want Joe to win are assuming that his are better then Jones(chin heart etc) And those that want Jones to win think his is better then Calzaghe's. But the truth is, we don't know. Nobody does, you can only assume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glen Johnson's a big punching light heavyweight ? I guess that's why he has a whopping 3 kos in 12 fights at 175 huh? That's a staggering KO percentage of 25%. Look out Mike Tyson.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think at this point Calzaghe is much faster than Jones. Jones looked fast against Ajamu but that guy was a snail. I think Jones won't be able to keep up with Calzaghe, Jones will tire & Calzaghe will put a beating on him. Jones' chin is also a weak point. Calzaghe would have no trouble reaching it, but I feel Jones will run. I really hope this fight isn't made, Jones does need this fight.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    jtrock.

This should indeed stimulate some good conversation...as far as an analyisis or punch for punch call...gimmee some soberiety & I'll do me best...but that'll be a few days off.

back at you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    I look forward to the downfall of Joe Calzaghe. However, from what we've seen of Jones Jr, he has zippy chance of being the one to do it. Roy looks haggard and worn out these days. Not only has his skills declined but he looks tired. What he used to do effortlessly seemes to take all of his concentration to pull off. He's not beating anyone great ever again.

Calzaghe on the other hand is fresh and beaming with confidence. Joe humiliated Lacy. Calzaghe would stalk Jones down and erase what is left of his glory. As hard as I try I can't picture it any other way.

If Jones would happen to win it would be a boring points victory that proved nothing.
    This statement clearly points to the fact that you probably will never give roy jones credit regardless of what he does...

If 37 year old roy beats calzaghe by UD boring or not...it proves to me that had calzaghe fought a prime RJJ he would have seriously gotten hurt...

Another thing is i don't get why everyone keeps mentioning this speed that calzaghe has....he will look like a slow fighter against the even now slowed version of roy...however i think that if roy survives the early barage say like for 45secs..he will beat calzaghe easily....someone mentioned the reggie johnson fight...i agree...

but i wouldn't be surprised if roy won every round and got KOed in the 12th...it would be the tale of two roys..the one that he was and the one that he is....
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Thread Information