Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How to breathe

Even Rocky Marciano dropped his knees not his chin, He had it in not down.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Even Rocky Marciano dropped his knees not his chin, He had it in not down.
    It's a good idea to have your chin tucked and eyes up. unless you have relaxes like a cat your going to be kissing canvas pretty quick with your chin in the air. like you said not so that you can't breath, but so you not such a target, lots easier for short necked fighters, harder for your long necks like Maurice Blocker for example, man when he got hit it was really exaggerated by that long neck .

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If your chins down your on your front foot or you cant move your hips. One or the other the mobility to ride a shot is affected and to see it coming is impaired plus keeping the hands up for a period of time is hard and stressfull. Id rather do things the easy way its easier to remember when the shit hits the fan

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me personally , keeping my chin tucked does not effect my vision or my mobility , its instinctive for me. Chin Tucked my shoulders up protecting, elbows tucked in tight. I Ready for everything and see everything in this position. However that’s what I am comfortable with personally . Some fighters like Roy Jones do well keeping that chin out there until they loses there mobility , that when the lack of proper technique gets them in troubles.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think youre missing the point Lords Im not saying put your chin out to dry far from it Im saying put the chin back. So its not over the front knee, it relaxes the shoulders and puts the chin above your bollocks, your centre of gravity instead of working against gravity let it be your freind not the enemy. Thats where the problems start in the first place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    I think youre missing the point Lords Im not saying put your chin out to dry far from it Im saying put the chin back. So its not over the front knee, it relaxes the shoulders and puts the chin above your bollocks, your centre of gravity instead of working against gravity let it be your freind not the enemy. Thats where the problems start in the first place
    Were on the same page, just different vocabulary. What your calling chin back, I’m, calling chin tucked. were in agreement.

Thread Information