Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar talking ishhhh about the great RJJ!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar talking ishhhh about the great RJJ!!!!!!!

De La Hoya Takes Verbal Shot At Roy Jones!

By Rick Reeno

Throughout the years, Roy Jones Jr. and Oscar De La Hoya have been the two fighters that fans have debated over time and time again. The debate was usually about who was the better fighter and who was the real pound for pound king. Roy Jones has taken many verbal jabs towards De La Hoya over the years, Oscar De La Hoya has never answered back until now.

In an interview done a few years back with Esquire magazine, Roy Jones blasted what he called "HBO's Golden Boy".

"Oscar De La Hoya can kiss my ass. The Golden Boy. Guaranteed, I'd beat him and two or three more of those motherf**kers in the same day" said Jones.

Oscar De La Hoya, finally struck back at Jones when recently interviewed by the media.

"Of all these tough guys I've fought, no matter what else you say, you can never say I was dominated. Never. Look at Roy Jones. He said a lot of stuff (about me) through the years, but he winds up getting knocked out (in two round by Tarver). Say what you want, but nothing like that has ever happened to me." said De La Hoya.

Most insiders feel that the rivalry started because Roy Jones was angered over how HBO was giving "special" treatment to Oscar De La Hoya. Jones felt that Oscar was always given the big money and all the big pay per view dates and HBO kept giving him the shaft when it came to money and pay per view.

Jones has felt that HBO has done next to nothing when promoting his pay per view bouts and at the same time, he feels that HBO does everything they can to promote Oscar De La Hoya pay per view cards.

Oscar has always stated that Jones does little to promote his own cards, so why should HBO go out of their way to accommodate him. Jones does no-show many press conferences and has been labeled by many opponents as a guy who does nothing to promote their fight. It was no secret among most in HBO that their two biggest stars, Jones and De La Hoya, did not like each other. HBO must have been going nuts because the two fighters are so far apart in weight that HBO could not bank off of the rivalry.

I'm sure that we can expect more jabs thrown by both men as the battle of egos will more then likely never stop.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar talking ishhhh about the great RJJ!!!!!!!

Oscar is a little bitch. If he and Roy were even close to the same weight class, he would know what it is like to be dominated, humiliated and knocked out cold. I woulda loved to see Roy crush Oscar. And its just ignorant to suggest that Roy was dominated in the Tarver loss, he was winning every second up until that one in a million punch KO'd him. If you wanna say he was dominated, bring up the Johnson fight, if you are a hater. Roy is the Greatest of all time, and beat all his rivals in his prime. Oscar lost to many of his.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar is exciting to watch.. more so then Roy Jones, i think that was why Oscar was favored by HBO . it was not because Oscar was better but because Oscar was more crowd pleasing.. you got to admit, lots of Roy Jones fights were snoozers . That's my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol

Well Oscar, nobody is questioning whether or not Jones threw his knockout losses

And if Roy had stuck around at 154 from his pro debut and you had fought him YOU would have been knocked out.

And also Oscar Felix Sturm dominated you pretty easily, Bernard Hopkins dominated you too. And so did Shane Mosley, after an even first 6 rounds you were dominated in 6 straight rounds by Shane Mosley if thats not getting dominated I dont know what is. Roy never had 3 decisions handed to him by HBO and why? because the greatest fighters of his decade who Roy fought he dominated and he BEAT Bernard Hopkins who you got knocked out by a body shot. I've Never seen Roy RUN when he was dropped by Lou Del Valle, he got up and fought harder. You got caught in the body by Trinidad and ran the last 3 rounds

Oscar, no matter if you are a bigger draw then Roy Jones Jr, you will never ever BE Roy Jones Jr, in the history of boxing he will be ranked above you.

So shut up Oscar, stop trying to be the Baller27 of the boxing world, Roy(not Josh) IS harder then you..and you just have to deal with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    lol

Well Oscar, nobody is questioning whether or not Jones threw his knockout losses

And if Roy had stuck around at 154 from his pro debut and you had fought him YOU would have been knocked out.

And also Oscar Felix Sturm dominated you pretty easily, Bernard Hopkins dominated you too. And so did Shane Mosley, after an even first 6 rounds you were dominated in 6 straight rounds by Shane Mosley if thats not getting dominated I dont know what is. Roy never had 3 decisions handed to him by HBO and why? because the greatest fighters of his decade who Roy fought he dominated and he BEAT Bernard Hopkins who you got knocked out by a body shot. I've Never seen Roy RUN when he was dropped by Lou Del Valle, he got up and fought harder. You got caught in the body by Trinidad and ran the last 3 rounds

Oscar, no matter if you are a bigger draw then Roy Jones Jr, you will never ever BE Roy Jones Jr, in the history of boxing he will be ranked above you.

So shut up Oscar, stop trying to be the Baller27 of the boxing world, Roy(not Josh) IS harder then you..and you just have to deal with it.
    COOL CLICK BABE! wow thats sexy a girl who knows her sh*t specially when it comes to the great RJJ over ODLH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I've been a fan of Roy Jones Jr for a while. And I don't like Oscar coming around like his shit don't stink.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's why I am starting to dislike Oscar......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never knew much about the two of them not getting along, mainly because don't live in USA and don't get to watch HBO! but if Roy gave ODLH shit over the years whys all the hate against Oscar 4 giving some back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol

That was a hell of a post

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol

Actually Roy himself has been saying he threw his fights to get back at his dad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahah i know this may seem ignorant but oscar and roy are basically the same height and almost the same size. especially since oscars head is so big. so if oscar really wanted to move up in weight when he was younger of course he could have. he just stayed at the lower weights to dominate them. the lower weights also had more p4p competition too. light heavy division never really had that much p4p competition. not even as much as 160 or 168. but i give rjj more props for moving up higher and higher to dominate all the bigger guys and obviously the HW crown. at one point rjj was so pissed that oscar had the better competition at the lower weight classes that he was going to drain and starve himself to fight Tito Trinidad.

El Kabong Guest

Oscar always gave himself a challenge in who he fought but the challenges he had were due to the weight he was at.

RJJ was too young for Eubank, too old for guys like Chad Dawson and so on, and Nigel Benn nearly killed one of his boys so I don't fault him for not fighting him...but RJ tried his damnedest to fight Daruisz and Ottke and I think if he fights Calzaghe he will have a decent shot at beating him.

Either way these guys shouldn't talk shit about each other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

true but RJJ was so pissed because he said he had to go up and fight a HW and win the crown to gurantee himself 10million when Oscar gets 10million for fighting CAMPOS Fin CAMPOS ahahaha. so yeah i agree with roy there a former middleweight champ going up to win the HW crown should get more than a welterweight fighting CAMPOS haahahha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    true but RJJ was so pissed because he said he had to go up and fight a HW and win the crown to gurantee himself 10million when Oscar gets 10million for fighting CAMPOS Fin CAMPOS ahahaha. so yeah i agree with roy there a former middleweight champ going up to win the HW crown should get more than a welterweight fighting CAMPOS haahahha.

As much as I dislike Oscar he got paid because people wanted to see him fight, he had and still has a ton of star power, that's the only thing you can compare, in the ring though there is no comparison. But outside of the ring he was the biggest non heavyweight draw in history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ~Phil~
    I never knew much about the two of them not getting along, mainly because don't live in USA and don't get to watch HBO! but if Roy gave ODLH S*** over the years whys all the hate against Oscar 4 giving some back?
    That's right. Roy was all kinds of ego back when he was top dog, no respect arrogant as hell. that’s until he got his slice of Humble pie... and don't think everybody don't get a slice,, there is plenty of Humble pie for everyone to get seconds and thirds ! nobody can argue that Roy is a great fighter ! the man in his prime was untouchable .

Thread Information