Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: remembering herol graham

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default remembering herol graham

http://www.saddoboxing.com/3654-boxi...html#more-3654 just made me start thinking what a great boxer herol bomber was and how unlucky he was never to win world title

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: remembering herol graham

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/3654-boxi...html#more-3654 just made me start thinking what a great boxer herol bomber was and how unlucky he was never to win world title
    One of the greatest to never win a world title, if only he had a better chin
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

yea shame that

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well his first 2 losses were by decision to McCallum and Kambalay, I don't think you can blame only his chin... And as for the Jackson fight, there is noone in history who would not have been KOed at that weight from that punch imo (except Hagler)... Wouldn't be surprised if it dented his chin considerably... How did he lose to Frank Grant by TKO, was it a one punch type thing again?

ICB Guest

yea that punch was 1 in a million punch graham was so unlucky i cant believe a guy with hes skills never won world title what a shame but in my heart he will always be a champ 

ICB Guest

and for those who havent seen that devasting knockout on graham here it is http://youtube.com/watch?v=OhVi7cH-LaQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When i first seen this thread i thought he'd died !

ICB Guest

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing that makes the Jackson loss even worse is that Jackson would've been stopped at the end of that round coz of his eye!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Found this which is brilliant and Herol fighting depression.

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me and my girlfriend met him 2 weeks ago, got a signed copy of his book. He was very funny and very laid back. so down to earth and cracking jokes. Seemed too nice to be a fighter.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terry Dunstan is another British fighter that had amazing skills in his prime. Quite underated I think by us Brits. He still holds the record for fastest European Title victory ever with his first punch of the fight K.O of Alexander Gurov. He was also 1 round away from beating Imamu Mayfield for the IBF cruiserweight title of the world until he went to war and got K.O'd.

If Dunstan had a granite chin, we'd be talking about him as one of the best to come out of the U.K and in the cruiserweight division.

But yeah, for sure Herol Graham is one of those quality fighters who never won a world title. He was definitely world level, no doubt about that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Well his first 2 losses were by decision to McCallum and Kambalay, I don't think you can blame only his chin... And as for the Jackson fight, there is noone in history who would not have been KOed at that weight from that punch imo (except Hagler)... Wouldn't be surprised if it dented his chin considerably... How did he lose to Frank Grant by TKO, was it a one punch type thing again?
    exactly, Jackson IMO is right up there with the likes of Foreman, Gomez, and Carbajal in terms of being devastating one punch KO artists, he's really a bit underrated, so no shame in being stopped cold by a guy who could do this to you...

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    Me and my girlfriend met him 2 weeks ago, got a signed copy of his book. He was very funny and very laid back. so down to earth and cracking jokes. Seemed too nice to be a fighter.
    Herol Graham like Hatton had to fight depression and worked as a fitness instructor after boxing. Good to hear that he is OK and doing well for himself.

He would have beaten Benn, Eubanks and Watson if he was given the chance as well as Sibson.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank chinned Graham out in sparring.

However, it's utterly ridiculous in this day and age we have "world" champions like Nathan Cleverly (a man that's never faced a single fighter that has fought for a "world" title let alone won one) and a geniune world-class fighter like Graham, who had to face McCallum, Jackson and Kalambay, was "just" a european champ.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information