Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If Lennox Lewis made a comeback now,how would he do???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Lennox Lewis made a comeback now,how would he do???

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    Ok, the point i was trying to make.this whole post, but people just comment over it.
    LEWIS RETIRED BECAUSE HE KNEW HE COULDNT BEAT VITALI
    you wanna end your career on a flop? wheres the legacy in that,
    RUNNIN?
    I don't see why he would possibly think he couldn't beat Vitali?

He had busted his face up so bad in 6 rounds that the fight had to be stopped to save Vitali from permanent damage.

The Lewis Vitali fight was just like Ali against Henry Cooper. Cooper gave Ali fits for a few rounds but his face got cut up and he was stopped. In the rematch exactly the same thing happend again.

Why is it more likely that Vitali would beat Lewis second time around than it is that Lewis would have juts busted his face open even worse than before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

X, you make a great point, IF
    this was a fairy tale, if it was a perfect world, if it was a movie or book IT WOULD SELL. However, back to reality. Boxers do get scared, boxers do believe they can lose, boxers do take fights for paydays. And boxers do DUCK people. Its not because they dislike the people they dont want to fight. Its because they knew what would happen if they do fight them. Boxers are tough, but they are human, they give up at times, they run, they get scared.
    NOT ALL..but those faults above is what seperates the The Greatest fighters from the good fighters.

I try not to take anything away from Lewis, but its hard.
    The gold medal, Congrats to him, it was a great acomplishment, Being dominant in a lackluster division, is an acomplishment as well, just not a great one (in a boxing aspect).

Bilbo, unfortunately we will never know what could have happend on a rematch that lewis promised and never fulfilled. (unless lewis comes out of retirement)
    However, if the cut on klitscko makes you think that lewis was the better fighter, thats where you and i will have to agree to disagree. Lewis was being beaten, outboxed, and he was the lucky one on that day. That cut, saved a tired, out of shape lewis, that cut (which got alot worse after a run in with laces on lewis's glove) helped lewis retire with the belt. But if you really believe, that lewis was comfortable with that win, answer me a few ?

1) why make the comment "ill give him a rematch, i busted him up, and ill finish the job next time" Then never do it. Do you really think he said to himself, ummm yea, thats it. I beat em good, there is nothing left to prove? (cmon)

2) Lewis has even said, that for good money, he would come back and do it. He would let klitchko have it. Well, WTF does he think will happen he (if Lennox Lewis "THE DOMINANT MAN OF THE 90's") came out of retirement to face Vitali"? Does he think itwould be on Friday Night fights? Does he think it would be broadcast on the disney channel? It would be one of the biggest HW ppv ever. So if money could get him out of retirement, did he really believe in before retirement, that he had nothing left to prove? Because he wasnt broke before he retired, and he woulda made millions on the rematch.
    So why would money get the rematch now?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    X, you make a great point, IF

Bilbo, unfortunately we will never know what could have happend on a rematch that lewis promised and never fulfilled. (unless lewis comes out of retirement)
    However, if the cut on klitscko makes you think that lewis was the better fighter, thats where you and i will have to agree to disagree. Lewis was being beaten, outboxed, and he was the lucky one on that day. That cut, saved a tired, out of shape lewis, that cut (which got alot worse after a run in with laces on lewis's glove) helped lewis retire with the belt. But if you really believe, that lewis was comfortable with that win, answer me a few ?

I'm not saying Lewis the better fighter on the night, just that he busted Vitali up and I see no reason why he couldn't do that again. Doesnt matter if Vitali is winning rounds if he gets stopped by a cut again he still lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lennox would have to lose about 50 pounds to get in shape.

if he did it, i think he could beat anyone except wlad. the same goes goes for vitali except hes still in shape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has had a lot of time off and has no desire to fight anymore....If he came back in shape though he would still be the best out there....Wlad would be his biggest test but Lewis would KO him if Lennox was in top shape.....If Lewis was 6 or 7 years younger fighting right now it would be like a repeat of another Louis and the bum of the month club
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information