Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Just watched HBO's Legendary Nights: The Tale of Chavez vs Taylor

Damn, what a fucking documentary!!! I absolutely love this Legendary Night series. First, Leonard vs Hearns, then Lewis vs Tyson, then Leonard vs Hagler, then Holmes vs Cooney, and now this masterpiece. I almost shed a fucking tear for Meldrick Taylor man. He deserved to at least win the fight that ruined his life forever. The clips they showed of his recent fights were hard to watch. God damnit, in his prime, Taylor had better flurries than RJJ and Mosley. Taylor was the truth. No hate towards Chavez because Chavez did what he had to do, but Taylor beat him. People always say that Mexican fighters have the most heart, well Taylor showed me more heart than any other boxer ever. His stupid pride got in the way his better sense. If he would have just boxed... Anybody with HBO On Demand, watch it, it's one of the best boxing docs I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just watched HBO's Legendary Nights: The Tale of Chavez vs Taylor

why couldnt Taylor just tell Richard steele "YES IM OK "
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The documentary said that Taylor didn't hear or see Steele ask the question because Taylor was focused on his trainer, who had just jumped on the ring apron. If you watch the documentary, you can clearly see that right when Steele asked the question, Taylor's attention was diverted to his corner. And in the state he was, he needed as much brainpower as necessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the second fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    The documentary said that Taylor didn't hear or see Steele ask the question because Taylor was focused on his trainer, who had just jumped on the ring apron. If you watch the documentary, you can clearly see that right when Steele asked the question, Taylor's attention was diverted to his corner. And in the state he was, he needed as much brainpower as necessary.
    if your looking at the trainer and dont reply to the ref when he asks you if your ok, the ref hAS NO CHOICE TO WAVE IT OFF

for all the ref knows he could be in a state of real damage, so he has to stop it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was the First fight.
    The ref screamed the question out and unfortunately Tayler was out on his feet, If he couldnt hear the question I mean c'mon the guy was right in front of him. And it is true taylor's pride or his Philidelphia roots lost him the fight. It waS a good stopage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Damn, what a F****** documentary!!! I absolutely love this Legendary Night series. First, Leonard vs Hearns, then Lewis vs Tyson, then Leonard vs Hagler, then Holmes vs Cooney, and now this masterpiece. I almost shed a F****** tear for Meldrick Taylor man. He deserved to at least win the fight that ruined his life forever. The clips they showed of his recent fights were hard to watch. God damnit, in his prime, Taylor had better flurries than RJJ and Mosley. Taylor was the truth. No hate towards Chavez because Chavez did what he had to do, but Taylor beat him. People always say that Mexican fighters have the most heart, well Taylor showed me more heart than any other boxer ever. His stupid pride got in the way his better sense. If he would have just boxed... Anybody with HBO On Demand, watch it, it's one of the best boxing docs I've ever seen.
    Yes its a great series ! HBO does a top notch job in regards to boxing related programming

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great series recorded every single one when it 1st aired.

Taylor didn't respond to Steel because Lou Duva trainer at that time if Taylor jumped on the ring to yell out instructions to Taylor hence deviating his attention from the "Are you OK?, Are you OK? that Steel had just asked.

2 are you OK's, no reply then your not OK.

Simple as.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where ca I get theseare good stuffs, I watched Tyson-Lewis and it was a gem

Thread Information