Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Morales dares Pacquiao to retire him!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Morales dares Pacquiao to retire him!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    JHahahaha,yeah,that is what I was thinking,it sounds like Pacfan! I liked Mayol-Kwoya,but I heard boom boom was taken hospital afterwards and well,he has been injured/ill since! I hope it's nothing serious. As for Calderon,he is very very slick but I can see why you think his fights are boring,he usually dances his way to UD's but don't you love his defence etc?
    I don't know, I always think boxing as a gladiator-type sports so I'm not much impressed by those running guys. I'd prefer a well-balanced fighter, with a good punch. I know Pac won't qualify for that either, he gets hit just a bit too much.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ds91
    morales aint better than pacman or MAB. i cant wait to see pacman destroy him
    Morales at his orime,was the complete fighter,can fight backwards,forwards,had power,good defence,lateral movement,excellent at countering and did not need to go to war because he was so skilled,he could avoid. Watch the [aulie Ayala fight,it is one of the most complete performances I have ever seen. He did EVERYTHING. And overall,his resume is far far superior to Pac's and close to MAB's.
    You deserve this one, as I see you've paid attention to Morales for quite awhile.
    The Ayala fight was just AWESOME. I read the boxing news the very next day and THEY DIDN'T MENTION ANYTHING SPECTACULAR ABOUT THAT PERFORMANCE. When it came that Morales was the first to defeat Paquiao's Mexican Train Express... I wasn't suprised that these very same writers or "experts" were surprised that Morales won in a classic.

The only way MAB surpasses Erik's record, is ONLY because he was the only one who could consistently beat Morales. I think Barrera had Morale's number, or the certain style to bother Morales, what angered or frustrated Morales was that Barrera could get within Erik's guard and make it look SO EASY!!! Barrera can absorb an amazing amount of punishment, so Erik should have never gone for a knockout. Pacquiao almost DIDN'T get the knockout, even after landing those killer straight lefts, round after round, and crazy body attacks!!!! And Pacquiao is some physical wonder of the world.

But I wouldn't change Erik's style one bit, because it's the same "wild side" of him that got him this far and damn if it's going to bring him down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back Gyro,I#m a true student of the game man,I analyse all fights! I have EM'S entire career,just got it recently,and am about to watch the Chi fight but honestly,that Ayala performance was amazing,heck the commentators were gushing superlatives on Erik. I just think MAB got into Morales psyche,he affected him,flustered him in a way which no one,not even Pacman has been able to do. Morales just looked different against MAB,I think MAB won the first,I had the second to Erik and the third a draw but Erik never looked looked the EL TERRIBLE we know and love in any of the fights. Morales is under rated by some fans in my opinion,they see the wars and think he is merely a slugger but they are soooo wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan
    JHahahaha,yeah,that is what I was thinking,it sounds like Pacfan! I liked Mayol-Kwoya,but I heard boom boom was taken hospital afterwards and well,he has been injured/ill since! I hope it's nothing serious. As for Calderon,he is very very slick but I can see why you think his fights are boring,he usually dances his way to UD's but don't you love his defence etc?
    I don't know, I always think boxing as a gladiator-type sports so I'm not much impressed by those running guys. I'd prefer a well-balanced fighter, with a good punch. I know Pac won't qualify for that either, he gets hit just a bit too much.
    I love boxers too though,nothing beats seeing someone like PBF in full flow,it's awesome!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morales at his orime,was the complete fighter,can fight backwards,forwards,had power,good defence,lateral movement,excellent at countering and did not need to go to war because he was so skilled,he could avoid. Watch the [aulie Ayala fight,it is one of the most complete performances I have ever seen. He did EVERYTHING. And overall,his resume is far far superior to Pac's and close to MAB's.
    I actually think Morales has a better resume than Barerra. MAB edged out there trilogy sure, but Morales has stronger points on his resume I still feel.. I mean MAB was destroyed by Pac and Junior Jones the first fight(lost the rematch as well, barely).. .Morales has beaten both of these fighters... He also beat In Jin Chi, Jesus Chavez, Carlos Hernandez, Wayne Mccullough, daniel zargoza(was old but still an underrated champion), Paulie Ayala(before MAB, and it was a masterful win) Kevin Kelly he also beat first... Morales really only has Naz and Kennedy Mckinney, in terms of great fighters he beat, who Morales didn't first. I think what does it for me though is Mabs losses to PAc and Junior Jones... He was just thouroughly schooled by PAc, and then Morales actually beat him when ppl said he was washed up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    I actually think Morales has a better resume than Barerra. MAB edged out there trilogy sure, but Morales has stronger points on his resume I still feel.. I mean MAB was destroyed by Pac and Junior Jones the first fight(lost the rematch as well, barely).. .Morales has beaten both of these fighters... He also beat In Jin Chi, Jesus Chavez, Carlos Hernandez, Wayne Mccullough, daniel zargoza(was old but still an underrated champion), Paulie Ayala(before MAB, and it was a masterful win) Kevin Kelly he also beat first... Morales really only has Naz and Kennedy Mckinney, in terms of great fighters he beat, who Morales didn't first. I think what does it for me though is Mabs losses to PAc and Junior Jones... He was just thouroughly schooled by PAc, and then Morales actually beat him when ppl said he was washed up.
    CC P4P,brilliant points. I too thought that Erik had the better resume,but I thought I was the only person on this forum that did! Although I think MAB has more big wins than the few you mentioned,I also think his longevity adds to his appeal,he has been around longer and has had more fights than EM but I totally agree,look at the fighters you named,that is a fricking AMAZING resume on Erik's part!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad to see more than one poster who isn't blinded by Barrera, when they examine Morales. heh cc p4pking.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC P4P,brilliant points. I too thought that Erik had the better resume,but I thought I was the only person on this forum that did! Although I think MAB has more big wins than the few you mentioned,I also think his longevity adds to his appeal,he has been around longer and has had more fights than EM but I totally agree,look at the fighters you named,that is a fricking AMAZING resume on Erik's part!
    Yea CC back, see we could actually agree on alot of things if you didn't rave on about mrs. Margarito so much But yeah I realize MAB has more good wins then I mentioned, but so does Morales... I was highliting their GREAT wins... Both fighters have fought consistently solid competition since they established themselves, I just feel lately Barerra hasn't been taking the same kind of fights he used to, and Morales beating Pac so recently despite losing twice after, displays just as much longevity to his career imo... I mean really, could you imagine MAB rematching Pac and beating him, at any point?? I just couldn't see it. The fact that MOrales want's Pac and is fighting him again just shows his warrior spirit. And needless to say if he actually manages to win he will unquestionably have a better legacy than MAB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea CC back, see we could actually agree on alot of things if you didn't rave on about mrs. Margarito so much But yeah I realize MAB has more good wins then I mentioned, but so does Morales... I was highliting their GREAT wins... Both fighters have fought consistently solid competition since they established themselves, I just feel lately Barerra hasn't been taking the same kind of fights he used to, and Morales beating Pac so recently despite losing twice after, displays just as much longevity to his career imo... I mean really, could you imagine MAB rematching Pac and beating him, at any point?? I just couldn't see it. The fact that MOrales want's Pac and is fighting him again just shows his warrior spirit. And needless to say if he actually manages to win he will unquestionably have a better legacy than MAB.

I actually think we are on the same wave length on most issues apart from Mrs.Margarito! Very true although both are sensational fighters and true legends,and even taking into account MAB's awesome win yesterday,I'd give the edge to Morales. I think MAB will give Pacman a much tougher fight than firs time but Pacman will take him to war somewhere in the fight and I just don't think MAB can handle it whereas Erik still has that fire in his eyes although it does not burn as brightly as it once did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont know about this but i think
    all of these shit will just make the 18th of november
    the best night in boxing for 2006

Thread Information