Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Controversial. Decisions

Isnt it weird.

Firstly, how many fights have there been this year, that on this board alone, people have gone crazy at each other, for the simple fact they thought the fightwe who lost won the fight, or the fight who won the fight, did win the fight.

I mean for me, Collazo won the fight, when I watched it first, but when I watched it second time Haqtton won the fight. (I am a Hatton fan) I marked Hatton lower because he was my favourite so if he lost I knew he would be scored higher, and given it was close, If I had been unbiased he would have won the fight....

Many of you will disagree.

When I watched the Barrera v Juarez fight, I had it a draw, but this time, give Barrera more rounds maybe I shouldnt.

Second time round, I had it a draw....

Jermaine Taylor v Wright, Wright all the way.. second time round, Wright.

Wright style does him no favours, simple fact taylor hit Wrights arms, but for some reason, it doesnt matter, so I could see why Wright was frustrated, he doesnt seem to have the killer blow, so he had to rely on decisions, and we know nowadays, no fighter should do that. (Look at Jermaines face.)

This brings me on to the, well lets say so many preople say, "The Fighter Who Can Turn Up And Lose and STILL Win The Fight"

Oscar De La Hoya....

If I am 100% honest and scored it from as a Tito fan, I truthfully could never give it Tito, Oscar always won that fight. If I watched Moseley and Oscar 2nd Fight, Oscar won the fight, although 10% of me could see why Moseley got it.

Oscar v Sturm 60% v 40% Sturm could have go the decision.

Thing is....Oscar gets slated for having gift decisions, but the 2 most defining fights of his carrrer, which seems the fans knew he won, he officially lost.

I never seem to grasp how people say he got the gift decisions.

Maybe I am biased because everyone knows I am a massive Oscar fan, but when I am scoring and my favourite is fighting, I Bias the other fighter....on the scorecards.

Morale of the post, we all see fights differently, and unless its a absolute daylight robbery (Rabah v Urango) then we cant argue with the judges, because end of the day, although they get paid, they are no different than us.

We all see matches in a different light, and if we didnt, boards like Saddos wouldnt exist....

Boxings all about opinions....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Controversial. Decisions

I have been jaded ever since Hagler/Leonard... I don't like seeing my favorite fighters go to decision....it you KTTFO you never have to worry about getting robbed..but it doesn't go that way all the time does it? so you leave you fate and livelyhood in the hands of judges...praying they are going to judge it with unbiased and educated judgeing..but that doesn't always happen...and fighters and fans get alittle more jaded and cynical.. I think boxing commissions need to have review boards.. most other sports have them ...this way you can ensure a legit win or loss. not like an instant replay for fouls but a separate panel to judge the fight as well if there is an outcry for justice....no more Urangalrobthetitle decisions...
    It feels good to be back home.

ICB Guest

couple worst decisions ive seen are  lennox lewis vs hoylfield 1st fight  michael spinks vs larry holmes 2nd fight  pernell whitaker vs julio cesar chavez    vernon forrest vs ike quartey  ray leonard vs tommy hearns 2nd fight    oscar dela hoya vs pernell whitaker shane mosley vs oscar dela hoya 2nd fight

ICB Guest

andrew golota vs john ruiz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by B@rr3r@
    Isnt it weird.

Firstly, how many fights have there been this year, that on this board alone, people have gone crazy at each other, for the simple fact they thought the fightwe who lost won the fight, or the fight who won the fight, did win the fight.

I mean for me, Collazo won the fight, when I watched it first, but when I watched it second time Haqtton won the fight. (I am a Hatton fan) I marked Hatton lower because he was my favourite so if he lost I knew he would be scored higher, and given it was close, If I had been unbiased he would have won the fight....

Many of you will disagree.

When I watched the Barrera v Juarez fight, I had it a draw, but this time, give Barrera more rounds maybe I shouldnt.

Second time round, I had it a draw....

Jermaine Taylor v Wright, Wright all the way.. second time round, Wright.

Wright style does him no favours, simple fact taylor hit Wrights arms, but for some reason, it doesnt matter, so I could see why Wright was frustrated, he doesnt seem to have the killer blow, so he had to rely on decisions, and we know nowadays, no fighter should do that. (Look at Jermaines face.)

This brings me on to the, well lets say so many preople say, "The Fighter Who Can Turn Up And Lose and STILL Win The Fight"

Oscar De La Hoya....

If I am 100% honest and scored it from as a Tito fan, I truthfully could never give it Tito, Oscar always won that fight. If I watched Moseley and Oscar 2nd Fight, Oscar won the fight, although 10% of me could see why Moseley got it.

Oscar v Sturm 60% v 40% Sturm could have go the decision.

Thing is....Oscar gets slated for having gift decisions, but the 2 most defining fights of his carrrer, which seems the fans knew he won, he officially lost.

I never seem to grasp how people say he got the gift decisions.

Maybe I am biased because everyone knows I am a massive Oscar fan, but when I am scoring and my favourite is fighting, I Bias the other fighter....on the scorecards.

Morale of the post, we all see fights differently, and unless its a absolute daylight robbery (Rabah v Urango) then we cant argue with the judges, because end of the day, although they get paid, they are no different than us.

We all see matches in a different light, and if we didnt, boards like Saddos wouldnt exist....

Boxings all about opinions....
    Can you please give me your scorecard on the Tito VS Oscar fight, I would like to know what you scored it round by round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i gave tito the last two rounds but thats it

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never watched the Tito Oscar fight. As most people know I'm not really an Oscar De La Hoya fan. I downloaded the fight but after waiting 20 minutes for Tito to get in the ring, only for him to have 'forgotten' his gum shield and for a security guard to have to go all the way back to the dressing room and find, I kinda lost interest.

But if Oscar was robbed that night, he can console himself with the fact that not only did he rob Ike Quartey as a fighter, but he also shafted him as a Promoter too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the worst decision I saw was Burton/ Augustus. Whitaker/ Cahvez was terrible too.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information