0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Castillo fined, suspended!

Castillo fined, suspended!
    By Karl Freitag
    The Nevada State Athletic Commission, today threw the book at Jose Luis Castillo for not making the weight in his rubber match with Diego Corrales in June.Castillo was fined the maximum, $250,000 and had his boxing licensed suspended for the rest of the year. He will be eligible to reapply next year with the stipulation that he can't fight at less than 140 lbs.
    Thursday, August 24 2006

Will JLCastillo make any super lightweight and welterweight noise in 2007?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Castillo fined, suspended!

Thats BS to fined & suspend him, losing out on the payday and not having the chance to win his title back should be enough,but i'm sure he can fight in another state. YES i think he will make a ton of noise at 147 he can beat everybody in that division if he's focused and ready. Castillo is a star in this boxing game
    Refuse to lose in anything i do, I will not fail!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by exman90
    Thats BS to fined & suspend him, losing out on the payday and not having the chance to win his title back should be enough,but i'm sure he can fight in another state. YES i think he will make a ton of noise at 147 he can beat everybody in that division if he's focused and ready. Castillo is a star in this boxing game
    I seriously doubt you'd share the same opinion had you forked out say $2,000 to $3,000 to get to that fight & stay the weekend or if you were the network that put that shit together & promoted the fight.

Everyone lost their asses & Corrales lost nearly half a year of ring time...not to mention an assload of cash over his slackness.

Castillo is a douche bag. He deserves what he got.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I seriously doubt you'd share the same opinion had you forked out say $2,000 to $3,000 to get to that fight & stay the weekend or if you were the network that put that S*** together & promoted the fight.

Everyone lost their asses & Corrales lost nearly half a year of ring time...not to mention an assload of cash over his slackness.

Castillo is a douche bag. He deserves what he got.

Yup I agree, especially as he clearly didn't even attempt to make weight. Deserves to be banned for life when you think about it, I mean it's cheating just the same as taking a banned substance to aid performance.

Hope he get's KTFO in his next fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chicali
    Castillo fined, suspended!
    By Karl Freitag
    The Nevada State Athletic Commission, today threw the book at Jose Luis Castillo for not making the weight in his rubber match with Diego Corrales in June.Castillo was fined the maximum, $250,000 and had his boxing licensed suspended for the rest of the year. He will be eligible to reapply next year with the stipulation that he can't fight at less than 140 lbs.
    Thursday, August 24 2006

Will JLCastillo make any super lightweight and welterweight noise in 2007?
    I think he got off light with the suspension. Good call by the NSAC to say he has to fight at 140 or above. If he has had so much problems with making weight the last few years he never should have signed for this fight at 135.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no! The Bullshat is the fact that he cost Corrales time and money as well as the city and businesses around the area. his bullshat was totally uncalled for and could have been avoided. He chose not to disclose he wasn't antwhere near making weight and dissappointed everyone....and he could care less.....he should be suspended for at minimum 1 year for each time he failed to make weight in his last 2 fights with Corrales. he is lower than whale shat on my scale.
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree especially with all the skullduggary surounding this sport. Yeah, he did wrong but the authorities are being hypocrits and scapegoating this Mexican.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a fine would have been enough, no need for a suspension. The dude didn't break any laws he just didn't make weight! Maybe he can't make lightweight anymore is that not allowed. Fight should have been made at 140 in the 1st place, I don't know why he signed to fight at 135. I'm sure he tried to make the weight cause he was skin & bones at the weigh in. These guys walk around at about 160 anyway what are they doing fighting at 135. I just think a fine would have been sufficient.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy76
    I think a fine would have been enough, no need for a suspension. The dude didn't break any laws he just didn't make weight! Maybe he can't make lightweight anymore is that not allowed. Fight should have been made at 140 in the 1st place, I don't know why he signed to fight at 135. I'm sure he tried to make the weight cause he was skin & bones at the weigh in. These guys walk around at about 160 anyway what are they doing fighting at 135. I just think a fine would have been sufficient.
    Not making weight twice in a big fight like this TWICE is breaking the law of boxing. He deserves suspension, he didnt tell anyone he wasnt close to making weight. He robbed all of the peolpe of their money, the promoters got screwed...he deserves everything he gets.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think above all else this totally ruins any cred that Castillo has built exspecially after Corrales/Castillo 1. Castillo failed to make weight for their second fight then couldnt even make weight for the fight he had after their 3 fight was moved because of an injury to Corrales. I believe that is what pisses people off the most, he didnt make weight in his previous 2 fights, you cant make a weight fine then move up. Dont sign to fight at that same weight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Not making weight twice in a big fight like this TWICE is breaking the law of boxing. He deserves suspension, he didnt tell anyone he wasnt close to making weight. He robbed all of the peolpe of their money, the promoters got screwed...he deserves everything he gets.
    I'm not saying he's blameless, just doesn't desreve to be suspended. Promoter's got screwed & allegedly lost money, I'm really sad for Aram & Shaw... not. Remember Corrales chose to call of the fight. I don't mean he should have gone ahead but he did have a choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not saying he's blameless, just doesn't desreve to be suspended. Promoter's got screwed & allegedly lost money, I'm really sad for Aram & Shaw... not. Remember Corrales chose to call of the fight. I don't mean he should have gone ahead but he did have a choice.
    I still think Corrales made the right call. He fullfilled his part of the contract and Castillo did not. I can only imagine how hard it would be to go through all of the weight loss and draining yourself to make a weight only to have your competitor not fulfill his part. If he cant make weight fine, dont sign the contract for that weight then. The point is this wasnt the first time Castillo was unable to make weight, he should have taken more accountability of himself and not signed the contract for that weight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    I still think Corrales made the right call. He fullfilled his part of the contract and Castillo did not. I can only imagine how hard it would be to go through all of the weight loss and draining yourself to make a weight only to have your competitor not fulfill his part. If he cant make weight fine, dont sign the contract for that weight then. The point is this wasnt the first time Castillo was unable to make weight, he should have taken more accountability of himself and not signed the contract for that weight.
    That's what I'm saying I don't know who was in Castillo's head or why it was so important for this fight to be made at 135. All I wanted was to see them get it on. 140 would have been fine with me. Castillo deserved to be fined, not making weight is not a crime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he'll feel blessed with his fine and suspension, for the magnitude of what he did its little more than a slap on the wrist.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imagine the time and effort he wasted of Corrales,Corrales team,family,and also fans who purchasefd tickets,us fans who were robbed of a great fight and not to mention Chico had an oppertunity not go ahead with the second fight BECAUSE OF THE SAME ISSUE! Castillo got away lightly in my opinion,the whole situation was a shambles and the quicker it is forgotten about,the better. I guess he can still fight Hatton next year at 140?

Thread Information