Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default West London Gym

I am interested it taking up boxing to keep my fitness up and see how much crap can be beaten from me

I have had a look through the forum before posting (couldn't find the answer) so hopefully not repeating a previously asked question.

Is there any good places in West London. I live in Ealing so would be interesting in any boxing gyms in that area or surrounding. I will be starting as a complete novice so anywhere that can teach technique and mentor would be great.

Cheers all

F

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: West London Gym

How old are you ?

maybe i know something but you have to be the right age
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

check this out mate.. jus scroll down 2 west london. I myself go to northolt abc, its closed at the moment its reopening on 2nd tuesday in sept. i think. cool

http://www.abae.co.uk/Clubs/London/index.asp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for your replies,much appreciated.

Poom I am 27 -

Ragsta great info, will possibly see you down Northolt!

Thanks a lot guys!

Fraser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am also thinking of joining the northolt boxing gym. Is it any good? What are the opening hours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi 2 u all,

I live in Northolt and im interested in going to northolt abc, however, i want to know if it is good and if i will be able to even do it. My main aim is fitness and strength and also to learn how to box, if i am good enough i will be more than happy to fight.

Neverthless, i feel the following would somehow put me in a disadvantage, as im only 16 but stand at 6 " 2 and weigh around 110-115 KG. This would probable mean i will be fighting men. Also i am quite shortsighted and wear contacts. Will Northolt ABC be suitable for me and is it any good for anyone that goes or who is going there?

Jus reply to my comment if u can answer

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome to Saddos.

I can't help you with how that gym is, but am sure one of our fellow training sectioners will step in with that.

As for the size, I wouldn't worry too much. You'll be spending most of your time getting in top condition and no sense worrying about things you have little control over. As for being short-sighted, again, dont worry, you'll fit right in! A lot of trainers tend to be that also.

Again, welcome.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNG_M_ALI View Post
    Hi 2 u all,

I live in Northolt and im interested in going to northolt abc, however, i want to know if it is good and if i will be able to even do it. My main aim is fitness and strength and also to learn how to box, if i am good enough i will be more than happy to fight.

Neverthless, i feel the following would somehow put me in a disadvantage, as im only 16 but stand at 6 " 2 and weigh around 110-115 KG. This would probable mean i will be fighting men. Also i am quite shortsighted and wear contacts. Will Northolt ABC be suitable for me and is it any good for anyone that goes or who is going there?

Jus reply to my comment if u can answer
    Make sure you inform them about being shortsighted. They will find a way to deal with it, but just make sure you let them know so it's on their records. They may recommend that you stick to body-sparring, especially as your aim is fitness. Don't worry about the weight, they will get you on a routine that takes your body weight down, & one that is easy to implement yourself even if you feel boxing isn't for you. They won't stick you in with men, they should match with people a similar age or ability, regardless of your weight. I'm assuming at 16 that the weight is not all muscle, so you will start taking it off. TBH, Northolt ABC has the best rep of the clubs around the Ealing area (forget Hanwell ABC as they seem to believe they are the new Kronk gym ), however, a bit further afield I would recommend Trojan in Harlesden, where I boxed out of for a bit when I was living in Acton for a while, or All Stars in Ladbroke Grove. Obviously those are a bit of a mission to get to, but the training is better I would say. Northolt should be adequate for your fitness, & don't worry if it's difficult at first, after a month or so you will have dropped any excess weight you don't want & will have improved your technique a lot.

Welcome to the forum

Thread Information