Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Paquiao allows a Morales 2lb gift

www.livefight.co.uk

Very sporting of him to allow this to happen?

This should be a barnstormer, what with Morales wanting to make a big impression - this could come back to haunt Manny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paquiao allows a Morales 2lb gift

Quote Originally Posted by Hacienda
    www.livefight.co.uk

This should be a barnstormer, what with Morales wanting to make a big impression - this could come back to haunt Manny.
    it's obvious that Manny thinks he can beat Morales ant whatever weight he come in....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who do you think will win?

Its one a piece and TBH Morales has a point to prove and has the blueprint for success..

Tough call.

Manny by KO or Morales by points - no other way really !

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

www.livefight.co.uk

Cool Click for the info.
    Your right this is a showing of 'good sport' on his behalf. I applaud him for that he could have easily said no and insisted on it.
    I'm sure he did it for the sport, the people as he usually says hes a fighter and he just want's to fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Mick

I agree - i think Manny wants to be known as a man who beat a quality Morales - not a weight drained shadow.

Perhaps it shows scope for other fights where weight is a factor in preventing these match-ups dont you think?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a guaranteed great fight, and both should be on the top of their games, imo i think a more motivated Morales will go back to his original gameplan and pull off his 2nd win either and more obvious UD than the first or a very late tko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Erik Morales won 47 of his first 48 fights and championsips in three weight classes. But what has he done for us lately?

Morales, the former super bantamweight, featherweight and super featherweight champion from Tijuana, has lost three of his past four fights.

That doesn't mean he has to apologize for it. But that's just about what he did this past Saturday morning at a news conference at Wynn in Las Vegas. Morales and other interested parties were on hand to formally announce the rubber match between Morales and Manny Pacquiao that will take place Nov. 18 at Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

"As everyone knows, the last few times in the ring haven't been real good for me," said Morales, 29. "I think there have been a lot of different things, a lot of circumstances that are the reasons why things haven't worked out. But I am on the right track.

"I'm asking you to one more time believe in me." First of all, Morales doens't have to ask anyone for anything. He has earned a lot of respect during an illustrious 13-year career that has seen him go 48-4 with 34 knockouts. He should be a first-ballot Hall of Famer when the time comes.

Here is the real problem: Morales believes he is on the "right track" because he is velocity training in Los Angeles. That is supposed to help him make the 130-pound limit at which he and Pacquiao will fight, something Morales had difficulty doing for his last fight with Pacquiao last January at Thomas & Mack.

The result was a 10th-round technical knockout for Pacquiao. But what is familiar about this scenario? Morales is managed by Fernando Beltran, as is Jose Luis Castillo. Most experts believe Castillo just could not have made 135 pounds no matter what he did. Yet Castillo tried to and of course was embarrassed when he did not make the weight for his third fight with Diego "Chico" Corrales scheduled for last June 3.

Castillo later this month will face the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which figures to punish him for his role in the cancellation of that fight. Castillo, as well as his promoter, Bob
    Arum, are also being sued by Corrales and his promoter, Gary Shaw.

Now, we're not saying that Morales absolutely can't make weight in November, but at what price fame? He will be 30 on Sept. 1, meaning he is getting old for a smaller fighter. Is it even safe for him to be trying to make 130 at this stage of his career?

Velocity training is a variety of exercises and athletic activities designed to improve body strength as well as agility, speed, balance and flexibility - all the while assisting in weight
    loss.

This sounds great. But nothing can stop Father Time. It could very well be that, like Castillo, Morales is trying to fight at a weight at which he should no longer be fighting.

That's why Morales moved up to 135 after winning a decision over Pacquiao at 130 in their first fight in March 2005 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Morales lost a 12-round unanimous decision to Zahir Raheem, then moved back down to 130 for the ill-fated rematch with Pacquiao because Pacquiao would not fight above that weight.

Moreover, Morales and his promoter, the same Arum, wanted this third fight to be at 135. Morales said after he was stopped by Pacquaio in the rematch that he would no longer fight at 130, but Pacquiao said the third fight would again have to be at 130.

Pacquiao is smart to insist on this. Morales might not be so smart for continuing to fight at 130 - against an animal like Pacquiao.

"We know Erik is going to bring his 'A' game," said Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach, "because he knows he has to to beat Manny Pacquiao."

For his sake, here's hoping the best Morales has to offer at this point is good enough for him to escape without being seriously injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will easily be candidate for Fight of The Year. Toss up on who wins it. Like what ElTerribleMorales said Morales by decision or Pacman by (T)KO. I hope Morales pulls throu with the W. Still cant believe Pacman stopped him last time.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny will regret this...he will regret it for years after this fight. We don't want another Joey Gamache. There's a difference between confident and stupid and Manny is flirting on the line between them

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With all the brash (or is it 'trash') talks Erik has been directing at the Pacman's camp lately, I can't stop wondering if he really meant them or if they're just a bluff. If he really meant them, I think he is really motivated to get back at Pacman, who gave him the worst defeat in his career. My bet is that if he makes 130lbs, he is really motivated and so Manny will be heading for a real tough fight, but on the other hand, if he fails to make the weight, I think he is not really that motivated and all those talks were just part of publicity stunt to sell the fight.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    www.livefight.co.uk

it's obvious that Manny thinks he can beat Morales ant whatever weight he come in....
    well pacman better not get too confident

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its because all of this weight issues
    were just bull craps
    you all know what the F*ck i mean
    they dont really weigh that prescribed weight at fight night
    EM bulks up to 145 while pac to 142
    so 2 lbs. isnt really that a factor
    the only factor is that EM would have less trouble losing weight
    anyways, i guess pac's camp made this decision because
    they knew EM weighed 132 at the weigh-in of the last fight
    last time around they were wondering
    why pac just weighed 128 and morales 130
    ?
    i mean, do you all really think mr. MOB arum willl allow the fight to be cancelled?
    and why did team pacquiao allowed this shiiiiit to happen?
    and for the 2nd time agreed to let it happen
    $$$$$$$ ryt?
    this is ridiculous
    this fight is purely business
    it aint following any rules of any governing body anymore
    where the F*ck EM will be ranked in case he wins this fight?
    132? super over featherweight? or junior almost lightweight?
    crap
    what is happening to boxing?
    why the hell fighters need to fight in divisions were they aren't fitted?
    i mean the weigh-in must be done exactly at the day of the fight IMO
    fighters must be fighting SLIGHTLY under their weight at a normal day
    so there will be NO issues about weight problems, diets,dehydrations... FUUUUUCKKKKK
    im going hysterical in here
    sorry folks
    i hope you all get my very simple point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been a fan of Erik his entire career...& honestly...I think that he's been in waaaaaaaay to many wars & this is a make or break fight.

I'll always back Morales in my heart...but I just don't think that he'll beat Pac this go around.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard Shelly Finkle will cut his ties with Team Pacquiao after this fight

It could be because of this issue and other matters

Plus Arum does not wan't a repeat of Castillo-Coralles tragedy, so they made the plan already.

But one thing is for sure, this is war
    Hidden Content
    RIP, Crazy Samurai. Thank you for your Drumming.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres no more gifts for Morales from here, he's gonna get KTFO!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information